Chapter - 22 - Direct Disciple

"You're crazy. Now, could you not talk to me? I don't want to be seen in your company." I said as I turned away from him.

He had a look of shock that turned into a large grin.

"You know, no one has ever dared to talk to me like this."

I started clapping.

"Congratulations. Now go away." I waved away my hand.

The old man watched us but ending up coughing and speaking out loud.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Today is the start of a new year for us at Elemental Arts School. I personally welcome you all. These three are our school's Direct Disciples." He motioned toward us. The crazy doctor had sat down in a chair off to the side, but he continued to stare at me.

Also, I'm not gonna lie, his gaze was very uncomfortable. There was something about his dead fish looking eyes that just rubbed me the wrong way.

"I will now start naming 3 more Direct Disciples. Keep in mind, there are only 6 every year and sometimes they may change depending on circumstances. Now, let's begin. First, Wang HuDan has proved himself over the years. Please, Wang HuDan stand."

Wang HuDan stood amongst the 7th years. He proceeded to walk over to us.

He looked at me and smiled, but just nodded his way and looked back up at the old man.

"Now, I also ask Po YeSong to stand. She is one of the 6th years. She stood and gave a smile. She is moving from Inner Disciple to Direct Disciple in one day."

The crowd immediately conversed among their selves.

"Now for the last, Lin HunLu."

A boy stood up among the 5th years. Expect, he didn't look much like a boy. Puberty was hitting him like a truck. I could see where his baby fat was almost non-existent and he was also growing tall and strong. I predicted he would be a very handsome man.

He made his way toward us and gave a small smile.

I nodded back and turned back toward the old man.

"These are all 6 of our Direct Disciples. Now, I know that some of you don't like that I picked one of the 2nd years to be in the Direct Disciples. Even though, she cleared the forest." He paused and then turned toward me. "Chen FaSin, what do you have to say?"

"Seems like a 'them' problem," I said and yawned.

I just want to go to that library!

I laid lazily in the chair as the old man looked at me for a while, and smiled.

He was about to speak again when I student stood up in the 8 years.

"Do you think this is some sort of joke? You just walked in here-" I stopped him with one raised finger.

"Correction, I ran and no I don't think schooling is a joke. How do you think I became a Direct Disciple?" That last part I pretty much lied about.

I couldn't give two shits about being a Direct Disciple, but if it meant I could get extra stuff...then I wouldn't say no.

He wanted to speak more but he just ended up sitting back down while he gave me a death glare. The old man started back up.

"We shall now show everyone's Ranking and Leveling. Bring out the orb." Two teachers brought out an orb. "All of the students that have higher Ranks and levels, please go to the orb. This also counts if you are a new Student. Direct Disciples first."

I waited for the others to stand and followed after them.

Po YeSong went first. She was Rank 3 Level 2

Wang HuDan went second. He got Rank 3 Level 8. He raised his level.

Lin HunLu went third. He got Rank 2 Level 9.

Xiong HoLing went forth. He got Rank 4 Level 7 and I smiled for him.

Then it was mother fuckin ice cube. He got Rank 6 Level 3 and I just wanted to smack him.

I walked up after him. I placed my hands on the orb, as they did, and shot power into the orb. At this time Aden woke up again. He was interested.

I waited but nothing happened. Then everything happened. I saw a crack and my eyes shot open.

I backed away as the crack got bigger. Oh shit!

"ADEN!" I screamed. "Fucking do something!"

So he did.

He quickly shot up and transformed into his bigger body. He was huge. Around this time people started noting the crack. Now, this pearl was big, but not huge. Like 6 tennis balls in a circle.

Which would be fine, but I no fucking idea how this would break. Aden took his tail and grabbed the shattering pearl and threw it to the left. He then proceeded to wrap around me and I watched as this shit shattered!

It went everywhere! People were screaming! Then as it almost touched us, the old man and ice boy went up in the air and formed a wind wall. The wall was huge and when the pieces hit the air wall, they fell to the ground.

It was very anti-climatic but I was still shaking from the fear of almost death.

Aden slithered away but I couldn't hold up my legs. My body hit the floor and for the first time of being in this world, I really felt like I was about to die.

In my previous life, I joked constantly about death. Now I loved life. I had a new start with people I liked. I had no plans of dying yet.

Aden noticed this and came in front of me.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly.

I nodded.

"Just shaken up. Didn't expect a pearl, to just, shatter." I said as I held my self.

I coughed when I noticed I was now being stared at by everyone and rightly so. I was now not only talking to a talking snake, but I also shattered a pearl with just my power.