Jungkook ♡ Careful What You Wish For [request]

Requested by @cutiepiemarklee

Published: January 13, 2021
Rewritten: November 7, 2021
Came back to change something and decided to rewrite Jungkook's POV and change it from 1st person to 2nd person

Jungkook stepped through the front door, his heavy, chunky soles thumping against the floor as he went straight to our shared room. I stood in the living room, vacuum in hand. I've noticed Jungkook disappearing into our room every day when he gets in from work, he hardly even says hi anymore. It's kind of bothering me. I'm constantly having to call him out of his room to help me with stuff and he's been getting a little snappy with me. I haven't really had the heart to snap back. He usually practices with the guys five days a week so I'm sure he's tired when he comes home.

I turn on the vacuum and start making my way around the house, saving our room for last. When I step inside, Jungkook is sat up on the bed, legs dangling off the edge, Xbox controller in hand. He spared me a quick glance before turning back to the television. I walked around the room, vacuuming the beige colored carpet. Once I got the edge of the bed, Jungkook mindlessly lifted his legs without breaking eye contact with the tv, allowing me to vacuumed where his feet were. As soon as I finished, he dropped his legs back down, his fingers moving rapidly over the joysticks and buttons. I let out a huff of frustration, knowing he couldn't hear me over the vacuum and left the room, leaving him to himself.
When I finished up with the vacuuming, I decided to take some time for myself and polish my nails. I sat in the bathroom floor with an array of colored polishes lined up in front of me. I was letting the base coat on my nails dry while I made my color choice. I stared at the bottles for quite some time before choosing (your preferred color). I started applying the polish to my nails, being extremely careful as I did so, not wanting to make any mistakes. I finished up rather quickly, admiring my work. It had been a while since I saw Jungkook so I decided to go check up on him.

"Jungkook?"
"Yeah? What is it?" He asked, his large eyes glued to the screen.
"I polished my nails. What do you think?" I held them up, wiggling my fingers.
"They're really nice." He answered mindlessly.
"You didn't even look, though." I held my hands out towards him.
He gave them a brief glance.
"Yeah, they're nice."
I let out a sigh, dropping my hands to my side.
"Can we, like, spend some time together?"
"I'm playing this game right now."
"You've been playing it since you got home, two hours ago." I point out.
"Just a few more minutes."
"Fine." I turn around on my heel and start stalking towards the door.

To pass the time, I clear out some notifications on social media and text some people back. I don't dedicate much time to that, because I quickly lose interest. I killed about fifteen minutes and went back into our room.
"Alright. Are you done, yet?"
"No." He rapidly tapped buttons, leaning towards the tv.
"Jungkook, please. I'm not asking for much." I sigh. "You come in and disappear, you don't tell me hello, you don't even give me time to ask you how your day was. I hardly see you anymore."
"I just wanna play video games." He said, no empathy whatsoever.
"And I want you to spend some time with me. I understand you need your alone time, but I'm starting to feel a bit neglected."
Jungkook presses a button on the controller and throws it onto the bed, finally looking at me.
"Y/n. I practice for six hours a day, five days a week. When I come home, I'm tired and I just want to play some video games and relax."
"I get that. I've let you do that for two weeks straight." I argue.
"No you haven't. You come in here and bother me, asking me to help you fold laundry and telling me about something on tv and you ask if I wanna go out." His voice took on a stern tone and I could tell he was starting to get angry.
"Jungkook, I can't do everything, and when I ask you if you wanna go out and do something, it's because I want to spend time with you."
"Well I don't want to spend time with you." He snapped. "I just want to be alone with my video games."
"Fine!" I throw my hands up. "Do what you want! I'll just go hang out with Hoseok, I'm sure he'd like to spend time with me."
"Are you serious?" Jungkook scoffed.
"Yeah. You play your games and I'll go hang out with people who aren't annoyed by my presence."
"I can't believe you." He rolled his eyes.
"Don't act offended now. You're the one who said you wanted to be left alone, so I'm giving you what you want, again."
"You're unbearable!" He spat.
"So are you!" I shot back.
"You know what? I wish we never met!"
"Fine!" I throw my hand up, slamming the door as I exit the room.