Hoseok ♡ Roommate

Credits to @please-dont-stop-me for this idea

Word count: 1,533

You laid in bed, gloomy thoughts plaguing your mind. Your best friend and roommate, Hoseok, was out on a date with his girlfriend. You couldn't say you were too happy about it, but what could you do? You've had a crush on the guy since before the two of you moved in together. You didn't confess, he got a girlfriend, and that was that. Now, all you can do is deal with it and support his relationship, which is exactly what you've been doing.

You had helped Hoseok get ready for his date, per his request. He told you what kind of date it was and asked how you thought he should dress and how his hair should be styled. You assisted him, helping put together an outfit and told him he need not worry about his hair and that it was perfect. However, he insisted he do something to it, so you suggested a side part to expose his forehead a bit.
He was elated when he left for his date. He really seemed to like the girl. You were jealous. You couldn't help but wonder what it was like to be adored by Hoseok. To be thought about by him all the time, to be able to kiss him, hold his hand.
You can't take it anymore. When he's single again, you're going to confess. He's a good guy. Surely you'll still be able to be friends with him when he turns you down.

Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming shut. Hoseok was the only person who had a key to the apartment, so you knew it had to be him.
Getting out of your bed, you stepped out into the hallway, nearly bumping into Hoseok as you did so.
When you lifted your gaze to look at his face, it was dull and solemn. You knew immediately that something had happened.
"Hoseok, you're back early. Did something happen?"
He didn't answer, keeping his eyes cast on the ground.
"Hey." You called softly, placing your hand on his shoulder. "What happened?"
He shook his head. "I don't know. Our date was going well, or at least I thought it was and..." He trialed off.
You let out a long sigh.
"It's okay. You go change into some comfortable clothes and come back. We'll talk about it then."
He nodded, shuffling down the hallway, dragging his feet as he did so.
You rested your forehead against the wall, closing your eyes momentarily. That stupid girlfriend of his did something to upset him and that made you beyond angry.

The sound of Hoseok's bedroom door opening pulled you away from your loathing thoughts and back to reality. He was wearing a large shirt and baggy pants, the same sad look on his face.
"Come here." You beckoned him over.
He dragged himself over, his body slumping over on you. You gave him a few consoling pats on the back before leading him to your room where he dropped onto the bed.
"Do you wanna finish telling me what happened?" You asked, careful not to overstep.
He nodded before continuing. "Like I said, I thought our date was going well. We had just got some food at a nearby stand and were walking down the street when she started getting quiet. She pulled me aside and told me she's been talking to some guy for a couple weeks and that they'd pretty much hit it off. She said something about them having a spark that she and I didn't have."
"So she broke up with you." You stated.
He nodded. "And cheated. Assuming that they've been flirting."
Pressing your lips together, you let out a sigh through your nose, your fingers playing with the sleeves of your sweatshirt.
"You know, she said she asked me on that date to 'let me down easy.' I guess she thought if we had a nice time it would soften the blow—it didn't." Hoseok grumbled.

You weren't sure how to console him. You were sad that she made Hoseok upset and talked with another guy behind his back, but at the same time he was now free for you to snatch up. Not that you could. You were still too scared to say anything to him, especially after a breakup.

"At least she broke up with you instead of trying to pursue a relationship with the guy behind your back." You mentioned.
Hoseok gave you a look that told you you weren't doing a very good job of making him feel better.
"Sorry." You murmured. "Just trying to look on the bright side. It seems like you really liked her."
"I did. Well, I thought I did. Maybe she had a spark with that other guy because I've been distant. Maybe I haven't been giving my all to our relationship."
"You don't know that."
"I do. I've felt it. To be honest, there's been something else weighing on my mind, especially here lately. It's been distracting me and I've unconsciously pulled away from the relationship."
Hoseok said something, but he meant someone. You didn't need to know that, though.
"Well, whatever it is, you don't have to worry anymore since you're single now."
"Yeah. I guess." He muttered. "Can I lie down?"
"Of course."
You laid back on the pillows piled on your bed, thinking Hoseok would lie beside you. Instead, he made himself comfortable on top of you, his head resting on your shoulder near the base of your neck. It wasn't uncommon for him to lie on you like this. If he needed comforting he would usually snuggle up to you like he currently was, which you didn't mind at all.

Hoseok didn't speak as you brought your hand up to his thick and fluffy hair, carding your fingers through it as a way to soothe him. Neither of you spoke, as you knew he just needed silence.

After some time, the room got quiet, indicating that Hoseok was asleep. The small snores escaping him further proved that.
You slowed your movements, still keeping your fingers in his soft locks.

"I like you more than you even know. I have for so long." You whispered. "I never said anything because I was too scared. I still am. I mean, here you are asleep and I'm pouring my heart out because I can't do it to your face when you're conscious." You let out a huff. "I told myself if you were ever single again I would finally say something, but I'm too big of a wuss to keep my word. So, all I can do is quietly support any relationship you choose to be in from the sidelines."
The room became quiet once more before you spoke up again.
"You're the greatest guy I've ever met and you deserve the best. So, no matter what, I'll be here to support you, console you, comfort you, laugh with you. Anything you need."
"You like me?" Hoseok asked, his voice muffled by the fabric of your sweatshirt.
Your body jumped, as you were startled by his sudden wakefulness.
"Huh? What?" You tried to brush it off.
"You liked me and you never said anything?" He asked, lifting his head.
"I didn't say I liked you. I think you dreamt it."
"I've been awake the whole time."
Your eyes widened in horror.
He heard every word.
"I-"
"It's okay." He smiled. "I'm actually really glad you said something. Earlier, when I said something had been on my mind, I meant you. You've been on my mind."
You couldn't believe what you were hearing.
You had been on his mind? While he was in a relationship?
When you didn't say anything, he continued.
"I've liked you for so long, but like you, I was too scared to say anything. I tried to move on and date, but that clearly didn't work."

You were overjoyed that he felt the same, but he just got out of a month and a half long relationship and, while short, he was still newly single again.
"I didn't mean for you to hear that. I was only doing it to make myself feel better. You've just gotten out of a relationship and I wanna give you time to get over that."
"I don't need to get over a relationship. I need you." He told you, his hand cupping your cheek. "You're exactly what I need, Y/n."
"Are... are you sure?" You asked, your eyes drifting to his lips.
"I've never been more sure of anything in my life."
At this point, Hoseok had partially shifted off you and was now beside you, his legs tangled with yours. His thumb stroked your cheek, leaving heatwaves in its wake. A beat passed before Hoseok's mouth was on yours, his lips moving hotly against your own. The kiss was full of need and longing, letting you know he'd been wanting to do that for quite some time.
You allowed yourself to get lost in the kiss, giving in to the temptation that was Jung Hoseok. All that mattered in that moment was that he wanted you and you wanted him.