Jungkook ♡ Envious [request]

Requested by @Crustycrabpizza123

"Your hair is so soft." I murmured, running my fingers through Jungkook's silvery locks.
"Thank you, babe."
"When your hair was short, I didn't have much to run my fingers through, but now I have so much." I commented, gently holding a small bit of hair out, seeing how long it was. "I hope you keep your hair like this. If not permanently, then at least for a while."
"I'll do whatever you want, love." He hummed, clearly drowsy and relaxed from me playing with his hair.
I twirled a few raven-colored tendrils around my fingers, gazing lovingly down at Jungkook's peaceful expression, his dark lashes resting on his soft cheeks.
Just then, my phone rang. Jungkook's eyes opened a bit, seeming slightly drowsy, indicating that he was dozing off.
"Sorry, babe." I frowned, reaching for my phone.
Upon glancing at the screen, I saw it was my friend calling.
"Oh. It's Ryujin. I'll go into another room so I don't disturb you."
Jungkook nodded, lifting up just enough for me to get off the couch.
I stepped out of the room before answering the phone.
"Ryujin, heyyy." I dragged the word out, happy to hear from her.
"Y/n, hi. Are you busy?"
"I was hanging out with Jungkook."
"Oh, sorry if I disturbed you."
"No, it's fine. We were just cuddling."
"Aww, how cute." She cooed.
"Alright, cut it out." I giggled. "What did you need?"
"I was calling to see if you wanted to go out tomorrow with me and Lia. We're gonna go shopping, grab something to eat, and maybe stop by one of the karaoke bars."
"Ah!" I squeaked. "That sounds like fun. I'm definitely up for that."
"Perfect! Lia is spending the night, we could stop by your place tomorrow and pick you up if that works for you."
"That'll work out just fine."
"Alright. I was thinking we would head out around 1:45. We can be at your place by 2:00. Is that cool?" She asked.
"That's cool with me."
"Great! See you tomorrow." She said excitedly before hanging up.
I ended the call, heading back into the living room where Jungkook still laid on the couch. I carefully took my place back on the sofa, not wanting to disturb him too much.
"What did Ryujin want?" He asked drowsily.
"She wanted to see if I'd like to join her and Lia tomorrow. They're going shopping, going to lunch, and then she said they might stop at a karaoke booth."
"Oh, fun." Jungkook hummed. "I heard you squeaking excitedly."
"Ah. You did?" I asked, feeling a bit bashful.
"Yeah. You seemed giddy about it."
"Well, yeah." I admitted. "I do enjoy hanging out with the girls and I don't get to do it often, so I was pretty excited."
"Well, I'm happy for you, babe. I hope you have fun tomorrow."
"Thanks. I hope you're not bored here without me."
"I'll find something to do to pass the time." He smiled up at me softly.

***

The next day, I woke up around 12:00 and started getting ready for my day out with the girls.
Jungkook got out of bed not long after, stepping into the bathroom and watching me with droopy eyes.
"Good morning." I greeted him as I washed my face.
"Morning." He murmured, shuffling over to his side of the sink to brush his teeth.
I continued getting ready, finishing up just as Lia and Ryujin showed up.

The day was fun and quite eventful. We shopped at a nearby mall where I picked up a few things from my favorite stores, then we grabbed an early dinner, and went to a karaoke bar to end the evening.
We had so much fun, singing at the top of our lungs, not caring how good or bad we sounded.

The girls brought me back home, getting off the elevator at my floor. The excitement hadn't quite wore off yet as we headed back home, all the caffeinated drinks we had didn't help either. I squealed and laughed, joking around with Ryujin and Lia as we headed towards mine and Jungkook's apartment, reminiscing on the events from the day.
"Sneak attack!" I announced, I jumped onto Ryujin's back.
She barely caught me, laughing as she began lugging me down the hallway.
"Let me join!" Lia giggled.
"Noooo." Ryujin begged through laughter.
I slid off her back, continuing towards my place.
"Lia, you were so good at karaoke tonight. That high note you hit was incredible. You were all like..." I then proceeded to do a very horrible rendition of her impressive singing, causing her to laugh.
"I'm serious! You were so cool." I added.

"Excuse me, ladies." Jungkook's voice cut in through the chaos.
I immediately shut up, my eyes going wide.
"Hey, Jungkook." Ryujin greeted him.
"Jungkook. I thought you were at home."
"Actually, I decided to go hang out with Jin while you were out with your friends."
"Oh."
"I see you had fun." He noted.
"Yeah. I did."
"I can take her from here." He told Ryujin and Lia. "It's getting late anyway. You two should get home before it gets dark."
"Oh, you're right. Thanks for hanging with us today, Y/n." Lia smiled.
"Thanks for inviting me. We should do it again sometime."
"Definitely."
The two waved goodbye as they walked back to the elevators.
"C'mon, let's go inside." Jungkook grabbed my hand, leading me down the hall to our apartment.

We stepped inside, Jungkook's eyes landing on the shopping bags in my hands.
"What'd you get?" He asked.
"Just some clothes." I answered with a smile. "I'm gonna go put this in our room."
I excused myself, walking off into the bedroom, placing my shopping bags on the floor. I kicked my shoes off and went straight back into the living room.
Jungkook was standing in the middle of the area, his large arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed.
"So, did you have fun with Jin?" I asked, approaching him, my arms wrapping around his tiny waist.
"Yeah." He answered somewhat flatly. "We played video games."
"Sounds fun. I'm glad you weren't bored while I was gone." I chuckled.
He was quiet, not giving a response.
My hold on him loosened as I pulled back a bit to look at him.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"It's stupid." He shook his head.
"What's bothering you?" I pushed.
"Out in the hallway, I saw you goofing off with your friends. You were being silly and you were loud too. You're not like that around me. You're usually quiet and relaxed." He pointed out. "I've noticed it more than once. When you see someone you know out in public or when you talk to your friends on the phone, I see the way you act with them. If I'm being honest, I'm a little jealous."
"I..." I started to speak, but trailed off, not really knowing what to say.
"Are you not comfortable around me?" He asked, his voice taking on a somewhat somber tone.
"No, not at all." I frowned. "Truth is, I never really noticed. I guess I just start acting more reserved around you without realizing it."
"Why?"
"I don't know." I trailed off. "Maybe, subconsciously I'm worried my hyper behavior will annoy you or drive you away."
"Have you ever worried about that before?"
"Sometimes." I admitted.
It was something that crossed my mind on occasion. I know I can be a little too excitable at times and so I unknowingly kept that part of me hidden from Jungkook.
Jungkook placed his hands on my shoulders, glancing down at me.
"Y/n, don't be afraid to be yourself around me. I want to be able to know you. All of you. All your little quirks and even the bad sides that you don't want to show."
I stuck my bottom lip out, feeling touched by what he said. "Thanks for telling me that."
He pulled me into his chest, caressing my hair. "Of course."
"I'll start being more open with you, I promise."
"I appreciate that."
"Starting now." I slipped out of his arms and bolted out of the room, laughing.
"Hey!" He called out, chasing after me. "At least give me a heads up!"