Hoseok ♡ Soulmate AU [request]

Requested by @NeverlandRoyal

Word count: 3,886

You heaved out heavy breaths, dropping down onto the flooring of the practice studio feeling absolutely worn out from the continuous cycle of repeating the choreography. You'd pushed yourself so hard you could practically feel the heat radiating from your body.
I'm exhausted. You thought to yourself, letting out a long sigh, your chest hurting slightly as you tried to catch your breath.

You tired?
You heard the thought in your head, a thought that wasn't yours, but your soulmate's.
You let out a scoff in response.
No.
Are you practicing? He asked.
I am. You?
I'm actually eating a delicious bowl of ramen with soft boiled eggs and a side of grilled meat.
Seriously? Are you trying to rub it in?
Maybe. He responded.
You're horrible.
If it makes you feel better, I practiced earlier today... for six hours.
Six hours? Wow. You're serious about your dance group.
I am.

You and your soulmate have been talking to each other through your thoughts for about six months now. You know a little about him. For starters, he's a dancer just like you and is in a dance performance group. The two of you often talk about the struggles of dance practice. Though it's tough, you both agree it well worth it in the end.

So, when are you gonna tell me your name? You asked.
When we meet.
Why not now? We've been talking for six months.
I wanna keep it a secret. Why don't you tell me yours?
No, no, no. You don't tell me your name. I don't tell you mine. You responded, teasingly.
Alright then. I guess we'll both have to remain anonymous until we meet.
I guess so.

You closed your eyes, feeling a little bummed out that your soulmate was so secretive. It was just a name. Then again, maybe he had his reasons.

You know, I don't even know if we can say our names. You thought.
You wanna test it out? He asked.
I suppose I could. You pursed your lips. My name is Y/n.
What?
I said, my name is Y/n. You repeated.
I didn't quite hear that.
Stop playing around.
I'm not. It just sounds like garbled words.
Really? Your brows raised.
Yeah. Here, I'll try. My name is ___.
You made a face in response to the strange nonsense you heard in your head.
You're right. It just sounds jumbled and slurred.
So you were right. We can't tell each other our names. He said.
There's probably a reason for it. You sighed. I'm sure you're happy about that.
I am. He responded.
Well, I'm gonna get back to practice. You told him.
Good luck! I hope I can see you dance one day. I bet you're really talented.
You smiled softly.
I'm average.
I'll be the judge of that.
Yeah, if we ever meet.
We will. He assured you. Now, get back to work!
You laughed, getting to your feet and restarting the music.

Being able to communicate with your soulmate through your thoughts was pretty cool, but it wasn't always all it's cracked up to be. Some nights when you were trying to sleep, you'd hear his thoughts in your head.
Coffee, coffee, coffee. You'd hear in a sing-song voice.
That was one of the many things you'd hear in your head while trying to rest. However, you didn't mind it all that much—most of the time.

When you weren't hearing random and sometimes nonsensical thoughts from your soulmate, the two of you were talking and getting to know each other better. As mentioned before, your soulmate is a bit secretive, but you're not one to push people to talk about things they don't want to talk about. Instead, you listen to what he does tell you. He sometimes talks about funny moments he had with his friends or other hobbies of his. Even though he doesn't talk to you about everything, you've really gotten to know him over the last six months.