Namjoon ♡ Bodyguard AU [request]

Series requested by @insertnameaquiii

"I think I'm gonna head home, guys." I told my friends who were stumbling around the bar.
"Aww, really?" Whined one of them.
"Yeah. It's after 1am and I have a video to film tomorrow."
"You don't wanna stay for one more drink?"
"No thanks. I've had enough."
"Suit yourself."

I said my goodbyes and stepped out of the bar, the chilly night air nipping at my bare shoulders.
I'm an online influencer and, while I like to let loose sometimes, I'm very careful. I'm also very serious about keeping up with my job. I make sure to post positive content three times a week and film short videos opening PR packages from companies, which is what I'll be doing tomorrow.

There were some people loitering outside the bar, some people making out, some laughing obnoxiously at Lord knows what.
I needed to call an Uber, but those people were so loud, so I stepped around the corner of the building to a more secluded area of the street, making sure to stand under a streetlamp.
As I opened up the Uber app, I heard a noise from somewhere in the shadows. I quickly brushed it off, assuming it was just a rat. When I turned my eyes back to my phone screen to call an Uber, someone grabbed me.
I let out a yelp of surprise, my body immediately convulsing and jerking in the man's grip. Thankfully, I had seen something online about self-defense techniques and made myself familiar with them.
I bent down, turning out of the man's grip and somehow managed to grab my pepper spray from my bag. I sprayed the man, causing him to stumble backwards.
I took the opportunity to run around the corner and back into the bar where I called the police.

***

"And that's why I need a bodyguard." I finished.
"I'm so sorry that happened to you Miss Y/n." The man behind the desk spoke sympathetically. "I can give you my best recommendation or I can show you a list of bodyguards we have available."
"I'd like your best recommendation, please."
"Of course."
He started typing on his computer before turning the screen towards me.
"This is the best guy we have. His name is Kim Namjoon."
I leaned forward, looking at the photo and general information.
"How good would you say he is?"
"Like I said, he's the best. He's well-built, tall, and committed to his job. I can show you some reviews from his previous jobs."
"I would like that." I nodded.
The man scrolled through Namjoon's profile and let me see the computer screen again.
The reviews were amazing. Based off these past clients, this guy is really good at what he does.
"Wow."
"Right? I told you he's good." The man commented with a proud grin.
"I'd like to interview him."
"Of course. I can arrange for you two to meet tomorrow. We usually set up interviews at the cafe across the street. Will that be okay with you? If not, you're free to choose a different place."
"No, the cafe is fine. I can come tomorrow at 9:00am."
"That's perfect. I'll get in touch with Mr. Kim and set up a meeting. You can call me afterwards and let me know what your decision is."
"Of course. Thank you for all your help."

I very well could have hired a bodyguard on my own through some website, but I wanted to make sure whoever I hired was certified. That's why I chose to come to my nearest executive protective agency.

***

The next day, I arrived a few minutes early to the cafe across from the agency. I searched the dining area, my eyes landing on Namjoon. Taking in a deep breath, I approached the table.
"Excuse me."
He looked up at me.
"I'm Y/n. I'm looking to possibly hire you."
"Ah." He stood up, giving a small bow to me. "I'm Namjoon. It's nice to meet you."
"You too." I took a seat.
"Please feel free to ask me anything."
"Alright. Well, first of all, your reviews were very impressive."
"Thank you."
"How long are you willing to work for me?" I inquired.
"As long as you need me to."
"Okay." I nodded.
"May I ask why you chose to hire a bodyguard? If you're uncomfortable you don't have to answer. I understand it's a bit of a personal question. It just kinda helps me get an idea of what things I might deal with if I were to work for you."
This Namjoon guy is very respectful and has a warm energy. I feel very comfortable around him already.
"No, it's alright. I don't mind telling you."
I explained everything, telling him what events occurred that night at the bar.
"I thought you looked familiar. I know you often post content that helps spread good messages."
"I do." I nodded.
"I'm so sorry that happened to you."
"Thank you. I appreciate that. My next question is, if you were faced with situation like that, how would you handle it?"
"Well, I don't think he would have tried to approach you if I was there—but if he did, I would push him away and if that didn't work, I'd probably resort to getting a little rough."
I nodded. "Alright."