Namjoon ♡ Shades of RM

This one is a lilacmingi original 😎 That's right, my own idea. Enjoy.

Word count: 2,925

"Just finished a tour?" Namjoon asked as you approached the front desk, leaning on the marble countertop.
"Yeah. A group of college art students. They're all very smart, wouldn't stop asking questions. I suppose that's a good thing though."
He turned his head, spotting Hyunjin, another employee, coming back from his break.
"You ready for lunch break?" Namjoon asked you.
"Absolutely. As long as we don't talk about the symbolism in brushstrokes."
"What?" Namjoon snorted.
"Yeah. Some students were asking me if there was symbolism in the way each brush stroke was directed in one of the art pieces."
"Art is deep, but not that deep." He chuckled, moving out from behind the desk as Hyunjin switched places with him.
"Your hair looks so nice today." You complimented the employee and his long, dark locks, the top half pulled up into a ponytail.
"Thank you." He beamed cutely. "I wanted to try something different."
"The style looks good on you." You gave him a thumbs up. "We're gonna go take our lunch break."
"Alright. Oh, that food truck you guys like is parked just down the street by the way."
You turned to Namjoon with bright eyes, letting out a gasp of excitement.
"Hyunjin, that's the best news I've gotten today. Thank you!"
With a newfound burst of energy, you and Namjoon left the art museum and headed down the street towards the food truck.

"We're getting close. I can smell it." You commented, taking a whiff of the air. "I'm starving."
"Me too." Namjoon agreed, rubbing his stomach. "I haven't had anything since this morning before I left the house."
"Same here."
To your relief, and insane luck, there was no line at the truck prompting you to hurry over before anyone could walk up.
After ordering your usuals, you and Namjoon took a seat at one of the many picnic tables sitting around the area to rest and enjoy your food.
"I don't know if you heard, but we're supposed to be receiving a new art piece from RM tomorrow." You gushed, unable to hide your eagerness.
"Really?"
You nodded. "I'm supposed to pick it up after lunch. I'm very excited. His works are always so beautiful. I can't wait to see what he's come up with this time."
RM was your favorite artist and was fairly popular in the art community. There were many blogs and social media accounts dedicated to his works, writing articles and sharing images of his paintings. You were incredibly lucky to be able to receive his art pieces at the museum you worked at.
"Hey, would you like to accompany me tomorrow when I pick it up?" You asked.
"Sure."

After returning from your lunch break, you found Hyunjin still at the front desk, his head lowered as he focused on something. Upon moving closer, you found him drawing in a sketchbook. The partially complete masterpiece scribbled on the paper was beautiful, so beautiful that you audibly gasped.
"Hyunjin, that's really good."
He looked up in visible surprise, not knowing anyone was watching.
"Thank you."
"I didn't know you did art."
He nodded. "When I have time I do."
Namjoon peered over the desk to get a look.
"Wow."
"Do you just sketch?" You inquired.
"I do sketches, watercolor, and oil paints."
"I'd love to see some of your other works. If that's okay."
You didn't want to pry, as you knew some artists were very private about their work.
"Sure." He began flipping through his sketchbook, showing you and Namjoon a few of his other pieces.
Most of what he sketched or painted was landscapes and objects, sometimes there was a self portrait or a sketch of a random person or two.
"You should submit some work to the museum." You told him. "I'm sure they'd accept it."
"Yeah. These are really nice." Namjoon agreed.
Hyunjin seemed shy at both your praises.
"Thanks. I don't know if the museum would take them though."
"I think they're worthy to be displayed here. You should consider talking to the owner." You told him.
"Maybe I will."

The following day, you went about your usual routine giving tours and whatnot until lunchtime rolled around.
"You'll have extra time to draw today. We haven't had many visitors. Just a couple small groups." You informed Hyunjin.
"Great. He grinned, excited to have some free time to indulge in his hobby.
You and Namjoon took off to eat lunch at your usual spot, which was a bit busier than normal.
"Aw man." You muttered as you both took your places in line. "I hope this doesn't hold us up. I've got to be back at the museum in forty-five minutes."
"You'll be fine." Namjoon offered you a warm, dimpled smile while gently ruffling your hair. "We have plenty of time." He assured you.
You fiddled nervously with your fingers as the line whittled down little by little. Namjoon could see how fidgety you were and decided to make conversation in hopes to take your attention away from your worries.
"They have a new strawberry lemonade here." He gestured to the chalkboard sign set up outside the food truck. That seemed to successfully distract you for a few moments as you contemplated giving it a try.
The time spent waiting in line was around five minutes, which brought you some relief.
Once the both of you were served, you went to sit down at one of the picnic tables to eat your lunches.