Yoongi ♡ Element Prince [request]

Series requested by @Alexkiller4311

In the town of Daegu, there was a castle that sat on a hill. In that castle, lived a prince named Min Yoongi. He was born with the ability to control fire, a beautiful yet dangerous element. People were amazed and often referred to him as The Gifted Prince. However, that all changed one day. When Yoongi was 14, he got in an argument with a boy in town.
The boy tried to walk away and Yoongi, who was nearing his limit, reached out to grab the boy, not realizing his abilities had started to take control; hands were burning hot. He left a burn mark in the shape of his hand on the boy's arm.
He didn't realize he had gotten so worked up that his hands were beginning to get hot, his element abilities simmering just beneath his skin.
When the incident happened, he apologized immediately and profusely. Naturally, the boy's parents weren't pleased to hear about it and it took the boy time to recover. Yoongi's parents understood he was still young and his abilities were hard to control, but despite that, he still got in trouble and was properly punished.
Through the boy was quick to forgive Yoongi and there was no bad blood between them, the townspeople became afraid of the prince.
He was practically shunned, ignored by everyone because they were afraid of him.

Whenever he would go into town he wasn't met with cheers and smiles anymore, instead he was greeted with short glances and silence. He would catch people taking a quick glimpse in his direction, only to turn away and avoid eye contact with him. It hurt his feelings at first, but after a while it didn't bother him much. Yoongi didn't mind being alone—in fact, he kind of liked it.

He's now 28 years old and is doing better than ever, perfectly content being by himself. Though, sometimes he wished he had someone to spend time with, but that feeling never lasted for very long and, for the most part, he was happy.

Your POV
I was sitting outside at a local restaurant having a small dessert when Prince Yoongi walked by.
I sat upright as my attention was immediately directed towards him. I noticed some people give him fearful glances while others completely ignored him, not daring to look in his direction. It upset me the way people treat him. He's the prince, he's not some monster. Not only did the incident happen 14 years ago, but it was an accident. People need to move on. The poor guy is all alone. As far as I know, Prince Yoongi has no one, besides his parents, of course.
I'm that moment, I made a last second decision to approach him, maybe even strike up a conversation. I finished the rest of my dessert and paid for it before hurrying off in search of the prince.

I went in the direction I saw him go earlier, but couldn't seem to find him. It appeared that I lost him somehow.
As I meandered through town, I wondered where he could have snuck off to. I then remembered that there was a garden nearby that the Min family had put together years ago when the prince was just a child.
It's a possibility he could be there.

I made it to the garden, a sign sitting at the entrance that showed an old photo of the royal family, the words: Min Botanical Gardens printed along the bottom in large letters.

I stepped cautiously through the garden, the large rose bushes and other greenery helping to keep me hidden for the most part. I couldn't imagine how the prince would feel if he saw a stranger lurking in the flowers.
I turned a corner, stopping in my tracks when I saw Prince Yoongi sitting on a concrete bench, tossing a fireball up into the air and catching it; the ball of flames stopped just above his palm, hovering over it. I watched in awe as he continued to propel the sphere into the air.
I made the mistake of stepping forward, a leaf crunching beneath my shoe. The prince's head snapped in my direction, the flame disappearing immediately as it landed in his palm. His eyes were wide in shock as he stared at me.

"Sorry." I apologized immediately. "I didn't mean to startle you."
"Were you watching me?"
"No!" I defended, lapsing into silence. "Well, not intentionally."
"Not intentionally?" He questioned, his sharp eyes boring into mine.
"I was just intrigued. I saw you doing your fire thing and couldn't look away."
He shot me a confused expression.
"Sorry. That was weird. I'll leave you alone now." I go to turn around, only to be stopped when he calls out to me.
"Wait. Do you... want to stay?" He asked almost hesitantly. "I don't mind."
"Sure."
Yoongi moved down the little concrete bench to make room for me to take a seat beside him.
"I'm Y/n, by the way."
"Nice to meet you. I'm..." He trailed off, letting out a dry chuckle. "Never mind. You already know who I am."
"No I don't." I lied.
"You're lying."
"Am I?" I questioned.
I could see him him bite back a grin.
"Well, what's your name?" I asked.
He let out a chuckle, before answering.
"Yoongi. But you already knew that."
"So, do you prefer to be called your majesty or just Yoongi?" I asked.
"Just Yoongi, please."
"Alright."
"You'll have to forgive me if I'm a bit awkward. I'm not really used to talking to people." He told me.
I frowned, knowing he's most likely been alone since he was 14.
"Don't worry about it." I smiled.
"So, no one dared you to come here?" He asked.
"Dared me?"
"Yeah. I dare you to speak to the scary fire-welding prince." He mocked, rolling his eyes.
"I'm not scared of you. And I definitely didn't get dared to talk to you. I came here on my own merit."
Yoongi seemed surprised, I wasn't sure if it's because I said I wasn't scared of him or because I came here on my own. Maybe it was both.
"You're not scared of me?"
"No." I shook my head. "In fact, your gift fascinates me."
"Really?" He inquired shyly.
"Yeah. I think it's super cool that you can conjure up flames with your bare hands."
"Do you wanna see it?"
"Yes, please!" I answered a little too enthusiastically.
He laughed a bit before holding his hand out, in less than a second, a bright orange flame burst from his palm.
"Wow." I squeaked.
"Watch this."
The flame rose up into the air, twisting and twirling until it formed the shape of a dragon. The scaled beast made of flames flew around Yoongi and I before dissipating into the atmosphere.
"That was incredible. I'd even say magical."
"Magical?" He questioned.
I nodded.
He smiled softly. "You seem to be the only one who thinks that."
I frowned.
"Sorry." He murmured. "I shouldn't have said anything."
"No, it's fine. People need to get over it." I told him. "It was an accident—and you were so young. They're being dramatic."
"You're absolutely right. But, I don't really care anymore. I've kind of gotten used to it and now I'm content being alone."
That put me at ease. At least he's happy. All this time I thought he was miserable, but still, people have no reason to cast him out like they've done. I'm sure his parents are heartbroken that people still treat him the way they do.
Suddenly, an amazingly incredible idea popped into my head. Yoongi seemed to notice my attitude perk up.
"What?"
"I just had the best idea."
"And what's that?"
"I know we just met and you don't know me all that well and also this idea might be way too crazy, but what if you hosted a party at the castle?"
"A party?"
"Yeah. You could use your fire abilities and put on a beautiful show for the townspeople. Then they would see that you're not who they think you are."
His eyes widened as I explained the idea.
"I don't know." He murmured, glancing away. "It's been so long since I've been in the public eye. I stopped going to events a long time ago."
"If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. I just think it's stupid that everyone is afraid of their prince. It makes no sense, especially if you're gonna be king one day."
He sat for a moment, letting the idea simmer for a moment.
"You know what? That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I just..." He trailed off. "I just don't know if anyone would show up."
"Of course they would. Think about it. The prince that everyone is supposedly scared of throws a party. Don't you think people would be curious?"
"Hmm." He hummed, thoughtfully. "You have a point. Alright. I'll do it."
"You will?" I perked up.
"Yes, but on one condition."
"Of course. Anything you need."
"I want you to help me."
"Me?"
"Yes. It was your idea, after all."
"Okay. I can do that." I nodded.