Hoseok ♡ Element Prince [request]

Series requested by @Alexkiller4311

Hoseok watched you as you laid in the grass, basking in the sun's rays—the rays he was controlling. Hoseok is prince of the sun and while he doesn't think he's allowed to have favorites, he does, and that would be you. He saves only the warmest sun rays just for you. He loves to watch you bask in the warmth that he provides, a smile set on his face.
It's cloudy days he hates the most. It's on those days that he can't see you, not until the sky clears, anyway.

He noticed you like to spend time on the terrace, enjoying the sunshine—Hoseok loved that. He loved it because he could see you the best when you were outside. When you were inside he could only catch glimpses of you. Sometimes he'd see you walk by the living room window or at the sink washing dishes. It was a treat to catch brief look at you.

Hoseok is content watching you from the sky and has been for years now—two to be exact—but sometimes he finds himself longing to visit you in person. His feelings quickly grew stronger for you, and one day, those feelings become too much and he decides he needs to meet you in person.

Your POV
"It's so pretty out today." I commented aloud to no one in particular.
The sun was shining down, coating the backyard in its golden light and I craved nothing more than to bask in it.
Scurrying off to the kitchen, I fixed myself a refreshing glass of lemonade before grabbing my sunglasses and heading out to the patio.

I stretched out in the lounge chair on the concrete slab outside my back door and closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of the sun blanketing my body and warming me from head to toe. When I felt myself becoming hot, I would take a sip of lemonade, the cold, tangy liquid cooling me off and giving me a refreshed feeling. I hummed in contentment, happy to be spending another lovely day outside under the sun.

As I was enjoying my time basking in the sun's rays, a shadow moved over me. It caught me off guard. My brows furrowed in confusion as I pulled my sunglasses off and slowly peeled my eyes open. A man stood over me, a bright smile on his face that seemed to have a glow to it. I gasped, sitting upright, causing the man to stumble backwards.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." He said once he regained his balance.
"Who are you? And how did you get in my backyard?" I asked, looking around.
I didn't hear the gate open so I wasn't sure how he got in my yard.
He giggled in response, making me look up at him incredulously.
"I'm Hoseok. I came from the sky." He pointed.
My eyes widened as my heart started pounding in my chest, thinking some psycho had broken into my fenced-in backyard.
The intruder probably noticed the look on my face because he spoke up rather quickly, sputtering excuses and explanations.
"No. It's not what you think. I'm not some crazy person. I really did come from the sky. From the sun, actually."
I slowly stood up from my chair and backed away.
"No, no, no. Wait, please don't leave. I can explain." He blurted.
My brows pulled together as I waited for a response.
"I'm a sun prince. I live up there." He pointed to the large ball of gas and flames in the sky. "I can prove it."
"Go on, then." I told him, not expecting the stranger to be truthful.
He held his hands out, palms facing upwards as a warm glow emitted from them, his brown eyes glowing a bright amber color as he did so.
No way. He's telling the truth.
My mouth hung open in disbelief.
"Do you believe me now?" He questioned, quirking a brow.
I nodded wordlessly.
"Whew!" He pretended to wipe sweat from his partially exposed forehead. "Good. I was beginning to worry that I came down here for no reason."
"Why did you come down here?" I asked out of curiosity.
"To see you." He answered. "I've been watching you for a long time."
"Up there?" I questioned, pointing to the sun.
He nodded in confirmation.
"I noticed you like to sit outside a lot. I try to make sure you get the best and warmest rays of sunlight."
"You do?"
"Yes. If I'm being honest, I wasn't going to come down here to meet you, but I'm quite fond of you. I just had to meet you in person."
I was speechless—utterly speechless. This sun prince has just descended from the sky to see me because he's smitten with me? Me?
"I know this is a lot."
"Yeah." I nodded, running my fingers through my hair, pushing it out of my face. "It is."
"Do you mind telling me your name?"
"You don't know my name?" I asked, assuming he did since he'd been watching me for so long.
"No. I may be able to see you from up there, but I can't hear you."
"My name is Y/n."
"Y/n." He smiled. "Finally, I have a name to put to that beautiful face of yours."
My eyes widened.
"Sorry." He covered his face out of embarrassment. "I'm getting carried away. You have no idea who I am."
"Well, considering the circumstances, I'll let it slide."
"Thank you." He smiled.
"Would you like to have a seat? I have a folding chair you can sit in." I offered.
"Yes, thank you."
I quickly got the chair set up, allowing him to have a seat. I took in his attire which I hadn't bothered to notice earlier. He had on quite the ensemble: a white and gold suit, the coat was perfectly pristine with gold swirls and embellishments down the sides. He surely did look like a prince.
"So, Hoseok." I started. "You came all the way down here to see me. Is there anything you'd like to know?"
"Everything! Your hobbies, your favorite color, your favorite food." He answered, seeming rather giddy.
"I want to know the same things about you." I told him. "You've been watching me from up there for I don't know how long, but I've only just seen you for the first time today."
"Right." He nodded. "Of course."

The two of us sat outside talking for an hour or so before we moved inside to continue our conversation which lasted another hour. We each told stories, learning more about each other. Once we were finished, I felt much more comfortable around the sun prince.

"I haven't even thought to offer you something to drink. Are you thirsty, hungry?"
"I'm alright. Thank you."
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Well, there is something I've always wanted to try."
"What is it?"
"Ice cream."
"You've never had ice cream?"
"Well, I can't exactly enjoy ice cream on the sun." He chuckled.
"Oh. Right." I nodded. "Would you like to try it?"
"Yes!" He answered enthusiastically.
"Come on. I've got some in the kitchen." I stood up and walked out of the living room with the prince following behind.
"Do you want it in a cone?" I asked.
"Yes, please."
I got to work making Hoseok's frozen treat, handing it to him with a smile when I was done.
I watched as he tasted it, his eyes going wide.
"Mmm!" He hummed, going to have some more.
I noticed the ice cream started to melt a little as he held it. I momentarily wondered why it was melting so quickly. I then realized he's the sun prince so his body temperature is most likely unnaturally high. Just as I came to that conclusion, Hoseok spoke up.
"Oh. It's melting." He commented with a frown. "I guess my body is too warm."
"Hold on. I have an idea."
I got up and went to fish a bowl out of the cabinet. I grabbed a spoon and scooped the ice cream from the cone and into the bowl.
"There you go. Now it won't melt." I grinned. "And you can have the cone on the side if you want."
"Thank you, Y/n." He smiled, picking up the spoon and digging in.
It was rather endearing to watch Hoseok enjoy his ice cream. The spark of joy in his eyes and look of happiness on his face made my heart leap.
It's silly to think that I felt attached to this man who had just appeared a few hours ago, but I did. In a way, I felt closer to him and I didn't really want him to leave.

The bowl of ice cream in front of Hoseok emptied out quickly. He even ate the cone.
"That was delicious. Thank you."
"You're welcome." I smiled, feeling a bit proud that I was the one who gave Hoseok his first taste of ice cream.
"Maybe if you come back, you can try a different flavor." I told him.
"You'd let me come back?" He asked.
"Of course."
"You're so kind."
Hoseok then glanced out the window, the corners of his mouth sloping slightly downwards.
He stood up, causing me do so as well.
"I've had a wonderful evening with you, Y/n, but it's time for me to go. I have to get home before the sun sets."
"Oh. I see." I nodded. "Well, I had a lot of fun."
I couldn't help but feel a little sad knowing Hoseok had to leave. I was having a great time with him.
"Me too."
"Can I hug you?" I asked him.
"Of course."
I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around him, his body radiating a comfortable warmth.
"I'll be back soon enough. I promise."
"How long?"
"Only a few days." He answered.
"I'll be waiting."
He pulled away from the hug, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead.
"Until next time."
Then, in a bright flash of light, he was gone.
I squinted at the sun that was dipping lower and lower into the sky, my chest feeling a bit empty.
"See you again, Hoseok."

_______________________________________
Credits to TaesWolfie for the idea

Someone called me author-nim in the comments of Yoongi's element prince imagine and I didn't see it until recently (I deleted the comment) I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again. PLEASE do not call me author-nim or unnie. I don't like it. I'm American. Just because I write kpop fanfiction doesn't mean I like to be addressed using Korean honorifics.
There are literally so many other things you can call me. Author, writer, lilacmingi, lilac, Lila, L. The list goes on.

I've said it so many times and put it everywhere I can think of (including my bio) and people just aren't seeing it. I might have to start adding it at the end of every update, which would be annoying, but that seems to be the only way to ensure people see it and are made aware.