Hoseok ♡ Long Distance Support [request]

Requested by @V1rG0_

I sat at home, my mind filled with thoughts of my beloved Hoseok. He's flown to LA to film his video for Chicken Noodle Soup. I know how hard he's worked on that song. It came out great, and adding Becky G to the song was perfect. I'm excited to see what the video will look like. Truly, I'm happy for Hoseok, but I miss him like crazy.

My phone dings and I find myself scrambling to grab it. A new notification from Hoseok. My heart feels like it's gonna explode as I open the message.
It's a picture of him in his colorful outfit for the music video shoot. He's smiling brightly, looking like the personification of the sun, as usual. A short text followed the picture.

Hobi: I miss you, flower 🥺

You: I miss you too. Take care of yourself and have fun, okay?

Hobi: Of course. I'll be thinking of you every second.
Hobi: I gotta go. I've got to practice the routine for the next shoot.

You: Okay, sunshine. Have fun!

Hobi: I will. Love you. 🥺🥺

You: Love you too.

I set my phone down, letting a long sigh escape my lips. Instead of dwelling on the fact that he's gone, I decide to think about when he comes back. My heart swells with adoration as I think about how happy I'll be when he returns home.

3rd Person POV
Hoseok had just put his phone away, getting out of his chair and stepping out onto the huge concrete filming area. Him and the choreographer started reviewing the dance moves, making sure it was perfect.

Hoseok got into position. The cameras were rolling and the music started playing. He started dancing to the music, his moves sharp and precise. All those late nights in the practice room have really paid off. He's gotten better and better over time. He puts so much effort into his routines and it shows.
The track stops and the director calls cut. Hoseok jogs over to the cameras, a handheld fan blowing in his face as staff members blotted sweat off the sides of his face and touched up his makeup. He watched the screen as they played back the footage that was just shot. He smiles in satisfaction, nodding to himself before heading back to the set and filming the next part of the choreography. He took in a deep breath, the intense heat and choreography was starting to take a toll on him. He decided to just push through and finish this next take. He's done it a hundred times before in the past and been fine. What's one more?

The track began to play and Hoseok started lip syncing to it and doing the choreography, making sure to his every move perfectly with precision and poise. With every beat he could feel himself getting burned out, but he wanted to get through this take. He put all his energy into the last few seconds of the routine before cut was called. With labored breaths, he took a step forward, heading towards the shady tent, his knees giving out almost immediately. His manager along with other staff members rushed over, lifting him up and bringing him to the tent. They laid him down on a fold out bench, his arms fell limp off the sides of it as he let out labored breaths.
One of the staffs placed a cool cloth on the side of his face as another held up a fan.
"Hoseok." His manager, Sejin, runs over to check on the exhausted man.
His eyelids fluttered as he tried to keep them open, looking up weakly.
"What happened?"
"I was tired... but I wanted... to... finish the... routine." He huffed out.
"Hoseok, if you needed a break, you should have said something."
"Sorry." He panted, his eyes closing.
"We're gonna have to hold off on the rest of this video until he's better." The director muttered to the rest of the crew.
Sejin let out a sigh, rubbing his temples as he thought of a solution.

Your POV
I was cuddled up on the couch watching tv, a fluffy blanket laid over me as I held a Mang plushie in my arms. It was a gift from Hoseok and it makes me think about him.
My phone starts ringing from the coffee table, pulling my attention away from the tv. I flip my phone over and see it's a FaceTime call from Hoseok.
I wonder why he's calling? Maybe he's taking a break from the shoot. I accept the call and hold my phone up so he can see me. But instead of seeing Hoseok's face, I see the group's manager, Sejin.
"Y/n?"
"Yes? Where's Hoseok?"
"He collapsed. The heat plus the intense routine was too much. He didn't tell anyone he needed a break."
My whole body feels like it's gone numb.
"Is- is he okay?"
"He should be. They've got fans and ice packs on him. He drank some water and is resting for a while."
"Thank goodness." I sigh.
"I called you because I feel like he needs you right now."
I nod, silently prompting him to show me Hoseok. He moves over to a shaded area inside a tent and moves the phone over, holding it in front of Hoseok.
He's laid on a small cot, his eyes half closed, a wet cloth on his head.
"Hobi?" I call out.
His eyes open a little more, a faint smile on his lips.
"Hey baby."
"Hoseok. What have you done?"
"I pushed myself too hard." He huffed. "I feel a little better now."
"You can't overwork yourself, especially in the LA heat. It's too much."
"I know." He sighed. "I promise I'll be careful."
"You got this." I grin. "Do your best, but don't push yourself. If you need a break, take one."
"I will, baby." He nodded.
"Okay. I'll talk to you later. I love you."
"I love you too." Hoseok smiled and reached up to end the call.

I stared at the black screen, happy to have seen him. I'm glad he wasn't so exhausted that he had to be hospitalized. I set my phone aside and got back to watching tv, feeling more at ease now that I know Hoseok is okay. Now the only thing on my mind is him coming home.