Jimin ♡ Bodyguard AU [request]

Series requested by @insertnameaquiii

Cameras flashed brightly as I stepped out of the large black SUV that was parked at the airport entrance. I straightened my hat, tugging it down over my eyes to shield them from the prying camera lenses and harsh flashing lights as I stepped straight ahead; staff members walking behind and around me.

I held my hand up as a partial wave to the paparazzi as I passed by, not bothering to look up until I made it inside the building. As soon as I stepped past the threshold, a swarm of fans came hurrying over, most of them keeping their distance and giving me space, thankfully.
"Y/n!" A chorus of shouts could be heard almost immediately.
"Hi, Y/n! You look so pretty!" One praised.
"Thank you." I smiled, waving a little.
"How are you, Y/n?" A girl asked, walking a bit closer.
"I'm good."
"I love your shoes!"
"Your outfit is so cute!"
"Thank you."
The fans were extremely respectful, leaving me enough room to walk and not overcrowding me which I was very thankful for. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, this guy shoves past the admirers and runs up to me with his phone in my face.
He was immediately shoved away, stumbling backwards and falling on the hard tile floor, the fans stepping back.
At this point, I had stopped in my tracks, startled by the sudden commotion.
"Thanks, Jimin." I breathed, my hand on my chest.
"No problem. Are you alright?"
I nodded.

Jimin, my bodyguard, has been by my side for almost a year now. It was my choice to hire him in the first place and I have no regrets. He's done an incredible job so far. I've seen people online say that he doesn't seem like bodyguard material because of his small build and delicate frame, but they underestimate him. He's incredibly strong and very intimidating if he chooses to be.

"Y/n, are you okay?" I heard many fans asking.
"I'm fine." I held a thumbs up. "No need to worry."
"Let's go." Jimin whispered to me.
I nodded and continued on through the airport until I boarded the private jet that was waiting for me.
I dropped down into one of the soft leather seats, Jimin sitting across from me.
"I'm sick of those creeps trying to get close to you." He grumbled, rolling his shoulders back and popping his neck. "They need to back off."
"I'm tired of it too." I sighed.
Jimin pulled down his mask, leaning back in the cushioned seat.
"Well, I supposed we should try not to worry about it too much. Don't wanna start this tour off on the wrong foot."
"Right." I nodded.
"Hey, let's relax." A grin spread across his face and I knew exactly what he was thinking.
"No alcohol. You can't drink on the job and I have a concert to practice for when we land."
Jimin frowned, his full bottom lip stuck out.
"We've got a long flight, though. We can sleep it off."
"Sorry, Jimin. Gotta stay professional." I shrugged. "Maybe after practice, when we get to the hotel you and I can let loose."
His eyes sparkled in response. "I'm gonna hold you to that."

***

After the seemingly endless flight, we landed at our destination.
I got off the plane, my legs feeling stiff from the long ride.
"We made good time. It's only 5pm." My manager informed me. "Someone will go check into the hotel and get your luggage set up in your room. Meanwhile, we're gonna go straight to the venue and start practicing for tomorrow. We'll stay for a couple hours, or however long you feel like you need to practice."
"Sounds good."

I walked through the airport, fans crowded in groups stood around waiting for my arrival. As soon as they saw me, I heard screams of excitement. Unlike the fans at the airport back in Seoul, the fans here were a bit more rambunctious and left little space for me to move through. I noticed some fans did keep their distance, but most of them were so excited, they began to get a little too close.
Jimin stood in front of me, my other staff members closing in as we approached the group of admirers.

"Everyone stand back, please." One of my security guards announced, holding his arms out to give somewhat of a protective bubble around me.
Jimin stayed close, making sure he was safely leading me through the crowd.
I didn't want to be rude, so I waved to everyone, mustering up the best smile I could give after a sixteen hour flight. Flashing lights from phone cameras lit up as I walked by, people cheering and shouting words of praise.
"Thank you everyone!" I spoke over the commotion as I headed towards the exit.

A black vehicle was waiting for me at the entrance of the airport, ready to pick me up. Jimin and I climbed into the car, taking a seat near the front.
Staff members arrived shortly with my luggage, loading it into the car before we drove off to the venue where my first western tour stop was.
I was led into the large stadium which had been prepped for my concert. The stage was set, the seats empty, the main floor completely bare.
"Alright, let's get you set up." My manager told me.
I nodded and started unpacking my earpieces and microphone.

After getting ready, I began practice, going through my setlist and frolicking on the stage in between songs. Today was really just a day to work on the setlist and test out equipment.
Jimin stood on the floor, cheering me on as ran around on the stage.
Every time I practice for a performance, he watches and supports me.

I ran all the way to the end of the stage, jumping up and down as one of my songs played.
"Ahhh Y/n!" He squealed, imitating a fan.
"Jimin." I chuckled.
"Y/n step on me!" He screamed.
I doubled over in laughter, collapsing to on the stage. "Stop." I pleaded through laughter.
Even though he's my bodyguard, he feels more like a best friend—a handsome best friend that I sometimes think about kissing. I won't say that out loud, though.

After closing out practice, I was able to get to the hotel and chill out for the night. I noticed a nice gift basket on the desk in the room, but it quickly became an afterthought as I looked at the queen sized bed that was calling my name.
"Finally." I sighed, dropping down on the bed. "Two hours of practice and I finally get to relax."
There was a knock at the door, earning a groan from me. I pushed myself up off the bed, dragging my feet to the entrance of my room. When I opened the door, a smirking Jimin stood outside.
"Hey." He greeted. "You ready to have that drink we were discussing earlier?"
"I have to unpack first." I sighed.
"Forget that. You said we would relax when we get to the hotel and here we are."
"You're right. Come on in."
"Awesome." He grinned, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.
His eyes caught sight of the gift basket sitting on the desk, a card that said, Welcome Y/n stuck in the side.
"Heyyyy." He dragged out, walking over and taking a bottle of bubbly from the basket. "Looks like they already knew we'd be drinking."
I shook my head at him, letting out a light chuckle.
He grabbed a couple glasses and carried them over to the table in the corner of the room. I could practically see his eyes glimmer when he popped the bottle open, pouring the bubbly liquid into the glasses.
"To the western leg of the tour." He lifted his glass. "May it be full of fun and new experiences."
"Well said." I commented, clinking my glass lightly against his.
I took a sip, the bubbles tickling my mouth.
"Ahh." Jimin sighed, looking at the liquid in the glass. "That hits the spot."

Three drinks later, I could really feel the alcohol taking effect. At this point, the two of us had migrated from the table to the bed, sitting at the end of it with half empty glasses in our hands.
"Hey. I want to tell you something." I spoke up, leaning over and setting my drink on the table.
Jimin's face got serious as he placed his drink next to mine, losing his balance a bit when he leaned towards the table.
"Woah." I grabbed him, making sure he didn't fall off the bed.
"Thanks." He giggled, getting situated. "You can go ahead and continue with what you wanted to say."
"I never told you this, but you feel like much more than a bodyguard to me. You're fun and you like to cut up and be silly. Not only that, but you've been by my side for nearly a year now and I appreciate you so much."
A bright grin overtook Jimin's face, his eyes turning into tiny crescents as giggles escaped his soft and full lips. "That's so sweet."
I smiled, my heart flipping after seeing Jimin's reaction. "I mean it."
"You're so cute, Y/n." He murmured, his glazed eyes looking into mine.
"Cute?" I laughed.
"Mhm." He nodded, a lazy grin on his face as he leaned closer.

While I wasn't completely blackout drunk, my mind was definitely hazy from the alcohol. Therefore, I couldn't really process the fact that I was about to kiss my bodyguard—nor did I really care.

Jimin's plush lips pressed against mine softly. I leaned into the kiss, reciprocating it immediately. My hands rested on the sides of his face as he began to move his lips a little faster, his own hands holding my waist.
I pulled away, huffing out short breaths.

"Is this the alcohol talking?" I asked him breathlessly.
"No. The alcohol only helped me."
I let out a light chuckle. "Now what?"
"Well, I'd like it if we could become an item." He smirked. "But, I want you to do what you want and what makes you happy."
"What I want, is for you to be my boyfriend." I smiled, brushing Jimin's hair back.
A warm smile made it's way onto his face. "Glad to see we're on the same page."
He then leaned me back onto the bed, gazing down at me lovingly.
"You're not only protecting a celebrity, but your girlfriend as well." I told him with a grin.
"Listen, if you thought I was protective as just your bodyguard, wait until you see me now." He simpered, his lips moving down to mine once again.