Jin ♡ Dark Fairy

Another edit by yours truly^ 💜🖤
Made on PicsArt by the way 🧚🏻‍♂️✨

The leaves crunch softly beneath my boots as I steadily made my way through the forest. I've heard stories about these woods, or rather, what lies within. Whispers of fairies dwelling in these woodlands traveled throughout my town. Some people claimed to see small, winged people hiding in the trees. I didn't really believe the stories. They could very well have been fables. However, as time passed, I heard more stories, eventually I got curious and decided to find out for myself if these fairies really were living in the forest.
I packed a small bag with snacks and a canteen of water, unsure of how long I would be out. I wore my sturdiest pair of boots and dressed in long pants and a hoodie. I've been walking for maybe twenty five minutes now, my patience beginning to wear thin. Of course, I don't expect to see anything so early in my trek, but I'm quite impatient. I don't even know if there's a certain area I should be more focused on. The stories I've heard have just spoken about this forest in general, no specific area that they've been spotted in. I do know that they like to stay up in the trees where they can hide, so that's where I've been looking.

I stop momentarily, stretching the muscles in my neck and pulling my water out, taking a sip before continuing on. The undergrowth was starting to get thicker, my boots getting caught in the vines beneath my feet. I took a step forward, nearly falling when my boot gets caught in a thick morning glory vine. I stumble, but manage to catch myself. Letting out a huff, I walked ahead, glancing up at the trees as I went ahead.

Many more minutes passed and my feet were killing me. I glance behind me, seeing nothing but trees and undergrowth. When I set out on this journey, I told myself I wouldn't stray too far.

Should I turn back?

Suddenly, I hear a sound up in the trees. I let out a small gasp, looking up at the towering evergreen above me.

"Hoping to catch a fairy?"
I jump upon hearing the voice of another person. I turn around, wanting to see who spoke to me.
My eyes nearly pop out of my skull as I make eye contact with a broad shouldered man dressed in all black, a pair of large, dark toned, transparent fairly wings sitting proudly behind him. He tilts his head to the side expectantly as his magnificent wings twitch slightly.
"Um... I-"
"Speechless?" He questioned. "Of course you are."
"You're a-"
"Fairy? Yes. How nice of you to notice."
I stood stiffly, rendered speechless by the magical being in front of me.
What do I do?

He steps towards me, his hands in his pockets as his eyes scan me from head to toe.

"Well, what are you planning to do now? Catch me?" He quirked a brow.
I shook my head.
"What's pretty human like you doing in my forest, then?" He inquired sweetly. "Hm?"
My mouth opened, but I clamped it shut immediately.
"Don't be shy, love. You can tell me."
His voice is so smooth and gentle. I almost want to listen to him. Do whatever he tells me to.
"What's your name, pretty?"
"Y/n." I answer without thinking.
"Y/n." He repeated, his voice dripping with venom and honey. "What were you planning to do if you found a fairy?"
"I heard stories." I blurt. "I just wanted to see if they were true. That's all."
"You know what they say. Curiosity killed the cat. Am I right?" He whispered. "You should have stayed away."
"W-why?"
"You see, when a fairy finds someone they like, we take them; Charm them into coming with us."
I blinked a few times.
"If only you'd turned back when you had the chance." He sighed. "So, what do you say? Won't you come with me?"
He stepped in front of me, his unnaturally hypnotizing purple eyes staring into mine. He licked his plush lips before speaking again.
"I'll take you to a magical place." He coaxed, his fingertip lifting my face up. He closed the space between us, his lips moving closer to mine.
My eyes widened as I stepped away. "I don't even know you!" I exclaimed.
"Wha-" His brows tightened together in frustration.
"So you're just gonna charm me into coming with you, huh?"
"Why isn't it working on you?" He clenched his jaw. "It works on everyone."
I take a step back, the leaves crunching under my feet. His eyes snap up to me.
"Where do you think you're going?" He advanced towards me.
I scrambled backwards, turning around immediately and running away from him. Thankfully, I'm going in the right direction, but I'm far too deep into the forest to make it out. I glance behind me, seeing that the fairy is not flying after me.