Jin ♡ Cuddle Bug

Credits to @please-dont-stop-me for this idea

Word count: 1,207

Jin's droopy eyes stared off in the distance, his cheeks flushed, a wet washcloth resting on his forehead. He sniffled slightly as you stepped into the room.
"How are you feeling?"
"Like garbage. Thanks for asking." He grumbled.
It had snowed recently and you and Jin decided to enjoy the wintery weather, partaking in all sorts of activities like building snowmen and having snowball fights. Unfortunately, that caused Jin to catch a cold. He had been bedridden for two days already and though the severity of his symptoms began to lessen, they were still taking a toll on him.

"I need to take your temperature." You told him.
He sighed, taking the thermometer from you, placing it in his mouth. A few moments later, it beeped, prompting you to remove it and check the number.
"Your fever has gone down a bit. You're back to a normal temperature."
"That explains the sweating."
"I know it's annoying, but it means your fever is dropping. Would you like me to run you some bath water? I can add in menthol crystals. It might help your congestion."
Jin didn't answer.
"You'll probably feel better." You mentioned.
"Okay."

You left the room and prepared a nice, hot back for your sick boyfriend, making sure to add menthol crystals as well as some bubble bath. You felt bad for him. Colds are no fun and you know exactly what he's going through.
While the tub filled up, you made a stop by the kitchen to get medicine for Jin, taking it up to your shared bedroom.
"It's time for you to take more cold medicine." You told him.
He groaned as he sat up, taking the pills from you, the cloth falling off his head in the process. You picked up the once cool washcloth and watched as Jin took the rather large pills you handed him.
"Your bath water is running right now. It should be ready soon."
"Okay." He responded, sounding exasperated just from sitting up.
You knew he was feeling extremely lethargic, the cold taking all of his energy.

Once the tub was full, you assisted Jin to the bathroom where you allowed him to undress and get in the water.
"Okay, I'm done." Jin told you.
You could barely hear his voice through the door, he sounded so tired.
Stepping back into the room, you moved to sit down on the floor beside the tub.
"This is nice." Jin sighed, his hands running over the bubbles. He took in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Smells nice too."
"I'm glad you can smell the menthol. That should help with the sniffles and congestion."
"I've actually been able to smell a bit more today. I still feel awful, though."
"I know you do." You rested your hand on Jin's head, giving a few soft strokes to his hair.
You pulled your hand away and started to stand up.
"Well, I'm gonna let you relax now."
"No." Jin sat up a bit, his hand reaching out to you. "Please stay."
A fond smile made its way onto your features as you lowered yourself back down to the floor.
"Okay. Would you like me to help you since you're feeling a bit weak, or do you just want me here for company?"
"For company. But I wouldn't mind some help with washing my back."
"Alright." You smiled, grabbing a washcloth and pumping some body wash onto it.
Jin sat upright and turned his back to you, allowing you to begin washing it. Moving the cloth up and down his back, you couldn't help but admire how broad he looked from behind with his entire back on display.
You were diligent as you moved the washcloth over his shoulders and down his back, scrubbing away any unseen grime.

"Done." You announced.
"Thank you, baby. I think I got it from here."
"You sure?"
"Yeah. I really need to try and get my strength built back."
"Alright. If you need me, I'm right here."
You rested your back against the bathroom wall, letting Jin take care of himself. You could tell he was fatigued. His eyes looked puffy and tired, his lids slightly droopy, but he kept going, forcing himself to wash up.

After Jin's bath, you left him to get dressed. While waiting, you decided to wash the bed sheets since he had been lying in them for a couple days.
When Jin stepped out of the bathroom, he was a bit confused seeing the sheets stripped from the mattress. You hurried back into the room to clean up the empty cup and wadded tissues on the nightstand, tossing the tissues into a nearby trash can.
"What are you doing?" Asked Jin.
"I thought maybe I should wash the sheets. You've been lying in the same spot for two days and every time your fever breaks, you sweat, so I thought the sheets could use a wash."
"That's a good idea, but now I don't have anywhere to lie down." He frowned.
"We can use the couch. It'll only be a couple hours."
"Alright. I can hold off for two hours."

He followed you out of the room and flopped down on the couch while you went to put the dirty glass in the sink.
Afterwards, you grabbed a couple blankets from your closet and carried them to the living room, tossing one of them over Jin.
"Hey." He murmured, his voice muffled by the blanket.
"Mhm?" You hummed.
"Can you lie with me?"
"Of course."
You moved to lie down on the couch beside Jin, wrapping yourself in your own blanket. Your boyfriend shimmied around until he was halfway on top of you, his head resting on your chest. Out of habit, you began running your fingers through his hair which was still a bit damp from his shower. His eyes closed as he relished in the feeling of your fingers carding through his dark locks. He had grown it out a bit, so his bangs often hung in his eyes and didn't style it too often since the two of you stayed home most of the time, so it was usually in its natural state.
He began nuzzling his head further towards the base of your neck and shoulder, choosing to rest there.

"You sure are in a cuddly mood." You commented.
"I just want to be close to you."
You smiled, warmly.
"I feel much better after my bath." Jin spoke, his eyes still closed. "My sinuses feel a little clearer."
"Good. You sound better too. You don't seem as stuffy-sounding as you have been." You pointed out.
"Thank you for taking care of me."
"That's what I'm here for."
"No, really. Thank you. I'm not just saying that because I want someone to take care of me. I really mean it. You've been a big help."
You let out a short chuckle. "You're welcome."
"I'd kiss you right now, but I don't want you to get a cold too."
"You can kiss me when you get better." You smiled.
"Well, in that case you'd better prepare yourself." A grin spread across Jin's full lips. With you taking care of me, I'll be better in no time."