Yoongi ♡ Piece Me Back Together

This is an imagine idea I had for last Halloween. It's something I wasn't sure if I was going to write or not, but kept in my back pocket, just in case.

I step onto the school campus, tugging at my sweater sleeves. My hands are shaking so bad I feel like they're gonna fall off.
My dad pushed me to go to public college. I told him I wasn't ready to be around people and practically begged him to let me do online school, but just kept insisting I was ready. So here I am. Frozen in place on this massive campus as I watch people walk past.
I reach up, tugging upwards on my turtleneck.

"Here goes nothing." I mumble, taking a few steps forward.
I glance down at my schedule that's tucked in my notebook.
"Math and science building, room 20." I mutter to myself, my eyes searching for my designated building.
Thankfully, I locate the building and make it to the correct classroom on time. My heart jumps when I see the layout of the room. There's five long rows of tables that stretch from one side of the classroom to the other. Each one has a seat attached to it, all of the chairs side by side.
I thought there would be desks. I have to sit beside someone?!
I let out a shaky breath and slide into a seat at the back of the classroom. I look at the back of everyone's heads, counting how many people are in here. Someone walks behind me, sending a shiver down my spine. I turn my head and watch as a pale, dark haired male dressed in all black drops into a chair three seats away from me. He lets out a sigh as he pulls his phone out and starts scrolling through it. I can't help but feel relieved that he didn't sit right beside me.

I reach over and unzip my backpack, retrieving my book and binder. I get my pencil out and unconsciously start nervously fiddling with it.

"First day?" I heard a deep voice ask from beside me.
I turn and see the dark haired guy looking at me. He raised his brows, waiting for an answer.
"Oh! Uh... yeah."
"I can tell." He nods. "You seem uneasy."
"Oh haha great." I mutter.
"Hey, it's nothing to worry about. Today is a lot of people's first day." He pointed out.
I nod, looking down at my textbook. Next thing I know, I'm seeing movement in my peripherals. I look over and see the boy moving his stuff and taking a seat next to me.
"I hope you don't mind if I move closer."
"Not at all." I shake my head.

Now that I'm seeing him up close, I see that his hair has deep red streaks in it. It's unique.

"I like your hair." I comment.
"Thanks. I just colored it the other day." He sat down in his chair. "I'm Yoongi."
"Y/n." I introduce myself quietly.
"If you don't mind me asking, what's your schedule?"
"Oh. Uh." I open my binder and flip through my papers, pulling out my schedule and handing it over to him.
He looked at it, his dark brown, feline-like eyes scanning down the paper.
"Hey, look at that. We have the same classes."
"Do we?" I ask.
"Yeah." He hands my schedule back to me. "If you'd like, I can walk to class with you, you know, to help you get familiar with the campus and such."
"Oh." I reached up, running my fingers through my hair, a nervous habit of mine. This Yoongi guy seems nice and he's offering to help me, I could really use the help.
"That would be great, actually." I answer.
He gave me a small, sincere smile and turned his attention to the front of the classroom.

I was really happy to have met Yoongi. He made me feel more comfortable in this strange and new environment.

As promised, Yoongi walked with me to our second class of the day. On our way across campus, he pointed out different buildings, telling me which ones they were and what classes are usually offered there. It was a lot to remember, but I managed. The two of us would talk before class started and get to know each other better. I dodged a few questions simply because I was I comfortable or didn't know how to answer.

"I've always enjoyed playing piano. I remember being so little. I would climb up on the piano bench and start playing."
"That's cute." I comment.
"Yeah." He nods, reminiscing momentarily. "What about you? Any hobbies?"
"Reading, I guess." I answer.
"Is there anything you enjoyed and child?"
"Um. No." I shook my head.
"Oh." He looked away.
I look down, pulling my sleeves over my hands. I hate not knowing how to answer his questions.

A few days passed and the two of us grew closer. Sometimes, Yoongi would share his headphones with me and let me listen to music with him. I really liked the music he listened to.

"If you have time after our last class, do you want to stop by the cafe down the street and get a bubble tea?"
"Bubble tea?" I questioned, tilting my head.
"Yeah. It's tea with these tapioca pearls in the bottom of the cup. It's really good."
"Sounds good."
"Then what do you say? My treat." He offered.
"Sure."

I found myself focusing more on Yoongi rather than the lecture. My train of thought was headed straight towards dreamland, imagining what exciting things the end of the day would hold. I was actually looking forward to spending time with Yoongi outside of class. As the day went on I found myself getting even more exhilarated.

"You ready to go?" Yoongi asked as soon as our class was dismissed.
"Yes!" I exclaimed a bit too loudly as I stood up from my seat.
My upbeat response earned a small chuckle from the dark haired male. "Someone's excited."
"Maybe a little." I admit.

As the two of us are walking towards the edge of the campus together. We turn a corner and start heading along the backside of the school grounds. Suddenly, I feel it.
My arm falls off completely, dropping to the ground. I freeze, my eyes widening in horror.

Yoongi stands beside me, staring down at my appendage.
I look over at him with wide eyes, my mouth agape.

"It's a prosthetic." I lied.
"It's not a prosthetic." Yoongi says almost immediately.
"Wh- How did you know?"
Yoongi lifts his leg up a little, my detached arm hanging from it.
"O-Oh! I'm so sorry." I frantically yank the appendage off his leg. "It has a mind of it's own sometimes."
I'm so embarrassed. How could this happen? He's probably so freaked out right now.
"I can help." Yoongi speaks up.
I look at him, taken aback by his statement.
"What?"
"Come here." He motions.
I try my best to keep the arm hidden as I follow Yoongi to a secluded area of campus. He plops down on the ground, digging through his satchel that he always carries. As he's looking through his bag, he pats the spot beside him, signaling for me to sit down.
I carefully take my place beside him, watching as he pulled out a small spool of thread, a needle tucked into it. He held the object in his palm, staring directly at it as he mumbled a few incoherent words.
I watched in awe and bewilderment was the thread floated into the air above his palm and began looping itself through the needle.
Yoongi reached out and grabbed the needle and thread, looking at me expectantly.

"Can you roll your sleeve up please?" He asked.
"Uh y-yeah." I roll my sweater sleeve up past my elbow and grab my arm before holding it in place. I watch as Yoongi sews the arm back into place, making sure it's tight and secure.
"I guess I have some explaining to do." I admit.
"I already know. I just so happen to see one of the stitches around your wrist."
"But you didn't say anything."
"I decided to overlook it. I wasn't gonna make you tell me anything if you didn't want to."
"So, you're not weirded out?"
Yoongi let out a small snort. "Not in the slightest."
"So, what was all that magic about a minute ago?"
"I'm a witch." He answered simply. "I put a charm on the thread, so your arm shouldn't falling off again anytime soon."
"Thank you." I said, rolling my sleeve back down.
"Sure."
A silence settled over the atmosphere.
"My father created me five years ago. That's why I never really had a childhood. I was made just like this."
Yoongi nodded, listening in silence.
"He kept me inside for the most part. I had books to read and music to listen to. He even let me watch a little tv. Besides that, I wasn't allowed to leave the house. I was okay with that though. I liked being at home. However, he told me it was time for me to go out into the world and he enrolled me in college. I was so scared."
"He really put you out on a big campus knowing you haven't left the house much?"
I nod. "That's why I was so relived when you offered to help me around campus."
He smiled a little. "I'm glad I could help."
"Now that my arm is fixed, can we go get bubble tea?" I asked.
"Yes we can."

I was so nervous the first day I stepped on campus. I felt like I didn't belong. Now that I've met Yoongi, I don't feel so out of place anymore.

______________________________________
Just a heads up, I have A LOT of Halloween imagines that I started writing before publishing this book, so it'll be a while until I start publishing requests. I hope you all understand 💞
A lot of you who have request said you're willing to wait and I just wanted to say thank you for understanding 🥺 you're all angels