Namjoon ♡ Hybrid [request]

The requester asked to remain anonymous

The bookshop is quiet, not in a creepy way, but in a calming, serene way. The way Namjoon liked it. There were no customers at this hour, which was perfect. The owner of the establishment saw the hybrid sneak in, a small smile on her frail face.
"Hello, Namjoon." She greeted him.
He turned to her, giving a shy wave before slinking over to her.
"You know, you don't have to sneak in like that. I don't mind you in here." The lady told him.
He gave her a sheepish smile and a small nod before moving over to a nearby shelf to start perusing the books. He picked out a couple before heading to the corner to sit in a chair.

This was Namjoon's nightly routine. He would roam the streets all day, or hide in the woods, waiting for night to fall, then he would make his way into the library to read for a few hours. Sometimes, the nice lady working there would let him sleep inside, which he was extremely grateful for.
Coming to the library was always the highlight of his day. The building felt like a safe space and was a nice change from the things he had to endure during the day. Since he's considered a feral hybrid, people would often keep their distance from him, whispering things about him as they stared in horror. He tries to keep a low profile, but sometimes people spot him and their reactions are never good. At this point he's learned to just ignore it, though. It's all he can do.

Your POV
I headed home after having a nice meal with friends. With my stomach full and my mood lifted, I was ready to get home and turn in for the night. As I made my way home, I noticed the silhouette of a man across the street in front of the library. I wouldn't have given him a second glance had it not been for the two tall ears on top of his head.
I'm sure that's the same guy! I thought to myself.
I've seen the hybrid out at night plenty of times. He's usually seen outside the library. I assumed that's where he stays most of the time. I've always just minded my own business and went on my way, but this time, instead of walking away, I waited to see what he would do. He slowly opened the door to the library, sneaking inside. I gasped as I watched him, wondering if I should alert the authorities. To my surprise, the lady behind the counter spotted him, saying something before letting him walk around. I stared in confusion, wondering why she would let a hybrid into her library.
I need to just go home. I thought to myself.
Instead of listening to my little voice telling me to mind my own business, I ignored it and hurried across the road.
I came to a brief stop outside the entrance of the library, contemplating on going inside. After a few moment of internally battling with myself, I chose to walk away.
"That was stupid." I muttered to myself.
What would I have said when I went in there?
"Stupid." I grumbled.

***

The next day, I went to the library, unable to let it go. I had to know what was going on. I was hoping to get some answers about the hybrid that snuck inside the previous night.
"Hello." The lady up front greeted me warmly.
"Hi. I had a question about something."
"Yes, what is it?"
"Is there a hybrid that comes here?"
"A hybrid?" She tilted her head. "I don't know what you're talking about."
Is she covering for him?
"Oh. Well, I was only asking because I saw a hybrid walk in here last night." I stated.
"Who are you working for?" The lady asked pointedly, keeping her voice low.
"No one, ma'am. I'm just curious. I promise you, I mean no harm."
She pressed her lips together before responding.
"He's a wolf hybrid. He's homeless, but he loves to read so I let him come inside for a while. Sometimes I let him sleep here." She explained.
"I've seen him loitering outside your store at night fairly often. Now it makes sense."
"I have to ask you not to breathe a word of this."
"My lips are sealed. Thank you for your help."

I left the library, already conjuring up a plan to meet the hybrid. The lady said he's a wolf hybrid which means he's a feral. Everyone is advised to stay away from ferals since they're so dangerous, however, this hybrid doesn't sound dangerous at all.