Jin ♡ Spy Enemies

Credits to @please-dont-stop-me for this idea

Word count: 3,607

"What's the update agent L/n?"
"He's eating a sandwich and watching YouTube videos on his phone. He looks so stupid."
"Agent L/n, please. You're not there to insult him. You're only there to collect information and find out his weakness."
"Fine."
You were seated at a table inside a restaurant, watching Kim Seokjin, one of the most notorious spies in the business. You were sent to collect intelligence on him and find out what his weakness is so he could be taken down.
You observed as Jin stood up from his table, walking towards the restrooms. Your eyes narrowed as you watched him enter the bathroom. Your gaze stayed glued to the door until a waiter from the restaurant approached you.

"A gentleman told me to give you this." The man says, handing you a small folded piece of paper.
Upon opening the paper, you discovered that it was a note. It read:
I can see your reflection in the mirror on the wall. You're not slick <3
A phone number is scribbled haphazardly at the bottom of the paper underneath the note.
"He also wanted me to tell you that your meal has been paid for." The waiter informed you before walking away.

Your head snapped up to find a mirror hanging on the wall. You can clearly see Jin's table in the reflection, letting you know he saw you watching him. You then look towards the bathroom, then outside to find none other than Jin standing in front of the restaurant with a cheeky grin on his face, waving.
Was he... flirting?
It then clicked that he thought you were flirting first, which is why he gave you his number. That means he's interested in you, which means he'll want to spent time with you.
A mischievous grin spread across your lips as a brilliant idea began to brew in your head.
You decided you would play along and pursue whatever this was with Jin. It would be like an under cover mission. You could pose as his love interest while secretly collecting information on him—it was perfect.

"Agent L/n? Any updates?" You boss' voice through your earpiece.
"Yes, actually."
After informing your boss about the events that had just occurred, you told him your brilliant plan.
"Well done, agent. That's genius. That's your new mission. Go under cover and see how much information you can dig up on agent Kim Seokjin."
"Yes, sir."

Later that evening, you added Jin's number to your phone and sent him a text.

You: This is Y/n. The girl from the restaurant

He responded almost immediately.

Jin: So you decided to text me ;)
Jin: I'm Jin, by the way

From then on, you two started a conversation, asking each other questions and "getting to know each other." You were almost certain he was lying about everything. If not flat-out lying, then stretching the truth. Of course, you were doing the same, so you couldn't really blame him.

Jin: Would you like to meet up properly sometime?

You: I would love that

Jin: How about we meet up at that new restaurant near the mall tomorrow? It just opened a week ago and people seem to like it

You: Sounds lovely. What time?

Jin: Is 6:00 good?

You: 6:00 is perfect :)

And there it was. You had solidified plans to meet with Jin. All you needed to do was play along and not raise any suspicions and you'd be good as gold.

***

The next day, you got ready for your date with Jin, dressing in a nice outfit. As you checked your reflection, you heard your phone ring. Without bothering to check who it was, you answered.
"Hello?"
"Agent L/n." Your boss' voice came from the speaker.
"Oh. Hello, sir."
"I was just touching base with you to see if you've been in contact with agent Jin."
"I have. We're... going on a date tonight." It sounded weird saying that to your boss, but going on this date was your job.
"Excellent. I'm glad to hear you're on top of things."
"Thank you, sir."
"I should go. Just contact me when you have news."
"Yes, sir."
Just as you hung up, you saw the time and headed out, not wanting to be late.
You arrived at the restaurant a few minutes early. To your surprise, Jin was already waiting.
"You're early." He spoke up.
"So are you."
"Touché." He nodded. "Shall we head inside?"
"Of course."
Jin opened the door for you, allowing you to walk inside.