Jin ♡ Cake Pops and Consolation [request]

Requested by @moonlightsprings

I reached out to retrieve my buzzing phone from the coffee table. My boyfriend's name flashing across the screen. We share an apartment, but he's been staying out a lot lately. He recently went out of town to see family, so I haven't heard from him in a little while.
"Helloooo." I answered, dragging out the word.
"Hey Y/n."
"I've missed you. It's been over a week since I last heard from you."
"Yeah, I wanted to talk about that actually. I just got back in town and thought maybe we could go to the little cafe by the bookstore."
"Right now?" I questioned.
"Yeah."
"Okay. I'll start getting ready. What time should I meet you?"
"How about 5:30?"
I glanced at the time, checking to see if I would have time to get ready. Seeing as it was 4:52 I knew I had plenty of time.
"Sounds good. I can do that."
"Alright. I'll see you there."
"See you there. Love you."
The line immediately went dead.
"Oh." I frowned. "I guess he didn't hear me."

After getting ready, I headed out. I wasn't quite sure why my boyfriend didn't just come straight home. Maybe he was excited to see me and wanted to take me out to make up for not spending time with me. Who knows.
I entered the cafe, my heart thumping with excitement. I spotted my boyfriend sitting at a small table near the wall. I hurried over, a smile making its way to my face as I approached the table.
"Taeil, hi." I greeted him enthusiastically, giving him a quick peck on the cheek.
He seemed to back away a bit when I moved in to kiss him, but I didn't think much of it. I took a seat across from him, excited to finally see him after so long.
"We should go ahead and order." He spoke up, standing from his chair.
I got up and followed him to the register where a man dressed in a uniform with an apron tied around his waist was hard at work.
"Excuse me." Taeil called out.
The man behind the counter turned around and I recognized him immediately. It was Kim Seokjin, one of my longtime friends. I've known him since elementary school.
"Jin?" I gaped, surprised to see him here. Last time I spoke to him, he lived an hour out of town.
His bright eyes widened when he saw me.
"Y/n! Hi." He smiled warmly.
"It's been so long since I last saw you, let alone caught up with you. How have you been?"
"Good. Sorry for not keeping in touch. I've been so busy working here." He gave me an apologetic grin.
"That's fine. I feel bad for not reaching out. I've been kinda busy too."
"I see that." Jin's eyes trailed over to Taeil. "Anyway, what would you two like to order?"
We placed our orders for coffee and watched Jin make them. Taeil paid for our drinks and led us back to our table.
"I'm really glad you asked me to have coffee with you." I admitted. "I missed you a lot."
He nodded wordlessly, taking a sip of his coffee.
"So, when we get home I was thinking I'd help you unpack and you can tell me about your visit with your family."
"Actually, I don't think that'll be happening." He spoke up, his fingers fidgeting with the plastic lid on his coffee cup.
"Why not?"
"I think we should break up."
I paused, my whole body suddenly becoming cold, as if all the blood drained out of me. That sentence just came out of nowhere.
"What?" I asked, my voice hoarse.
"I'm just... not feeling it anymore. I'm sorry."
"You're not feeling it anymore?" I repeated, not able to believe what I just heard.
"Look, I thought it would be better doing it here while having coffee rather than doing it as soon as I step inside our apartment." He sighed.
"It doesn't matter what you thought would be better." I huffed, tears welling up in my eyes. "Just because we're at a nice place doesn't mean you breaking up with me hurts any less."
"Y/n, I'm sorry. I took that trip to visit my family to get away from everything and sort my feelings out."
"I see." I sniffled.
That explains why he was being so distant leading up to that trip of his.
"Y/n, don't cry here, please." He pleaded quietly.
"Why not? You're the one who thought it would be smart to break up with me in a cafe." I snapped. "Did you not consider the fact that I would cry?"
He went quiet, pressing his lips together.
"I assumed you wouldn't take it as harshly as you did." He muttered.
"Well you assumed wrong." I snapped, my voice shaky.
I could tell he was uncomfortable, but I didn't care. He got himself into this situation.
"I have nothing else to say." He stood up from the table, grabbing his coffee.
"So that's it?" I asked, my brows pulled together in anger as I glared up at him.
"That's it." He spoke apathetically, not making eye contact with me. He said nothing else before walking out of the establishment.
And just like that, he was gone. He just walked away, leaving me all alone to process this unexpected breakup. I bit my bottom lip as I felt more tears welling up.
"Y/n?" I heard someone ask softly.
When I turned around, I noticed Jin standing by the table, his eyebrows knit together in worry as he looked down at me.
"Jin!" I exclaimed, surprised by his presence. I quickly started wiping tears off my cheeks, knowing that I probably looked like a hot mess at the moment.
"Are you okay?" He questioned, seeming to not pay any attention to my appearance.
I stopped, my hands slowly falling into my lap. I shook my head.
He grabbed the chair across from me, pulling it over and taking a seat. He began wiping my cheeks, trying to calm me down.
"What happened?"
"Taeil just broke up with me."
"Oh." He frowned. "I'm so sorry."
I shook my head. "I should have seen it coming."
Jin looked around the cafe, slowly wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Hey. Follow me."
He led me away from the table and brought me to the break room in the back.
"You'll have some privacy back here." He smiled softly.
"Is there no other employees?"
"No, just me. Well, for now anyway. Do you wanna tell me what happened?"
Jin has been my friend for almost my whole life, so of course I told him what happened.
"Oh, so you two live together?"
"Not anymore apparently." I sniffled.
"Tell you what, why don't you come stay with me?"
"What?"
"Come stay with me until you find a place of your own."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. My shift ends in about thirty minutes, if you can wait that long. After that, Yoongi should be here to take over. If you'd like, I can stop by your place and help you pack up. I'm sure you'll want someone down there with you, just in case he's there."
"That would help." I nodded.
"Alright. Oh, I left your coffee out on the table. I forgot to bring it back here."
"It's fine. I don't want it."
"I can fix you something if you'd like. Maybe something to eat?"
"I'm okay. Thanks though." I muttered.
"If that's all, I'm gonna go and finish my shift. I'll come back here when I'm done."
I nodded wordlessly.
I haven't been in touch with Jin in at least three months, but we're still close as ever. We've managed to stay friends since we were kids and that's a pretty big accomplishment in and of itself.