Yoongi ♡ Soulmate AU [request]

Requested by @yoongiboing

Word count: 2,241

Itzy cameo from my beloved Yuna
Stream Cheshire <3

"He's so sweet." Your friend, Yuna, giggled, twirling her hair as you walked across campus, the chilly winter air brushing past your face.
"You're head over heels, aren't you?" You chuckled.
"I can't help it. We're soulmates. We were literally meant to be."
"I know. Soulmates have a connection like no other."
You had a pretty good understanding of soulmates, but you hadn't met yours yet, so you didn't know exactly how it felt to be united with them. Knowing about soulmates was one thing, but knowing how it felt to be in the presence of your soulmate was another.
Yuna seemed to notice your gloomy behavior, speaking up and cutting through the silence.
"You'll find your soulmate, Y/n." She assured you. "You just have to wait. This is something that takes time."
"I know." You nodded, forcing a smile. "It just kinda seems like I've been waiting a long time."
"It's different for everyone."
"I know." You nodded.
Yuna frowned, examining your facial expression as she thought of something to brighten your mood.
"Ah! How about we go buy you a little something from the cafe?"
That got your attention.
"My treat." Yuna added.
"You mean it?"
She nodded.
"That would be great. I could really use a hot chocolate right now."

***

You hurried across campus, glancing down at your phone; less than ten minutes until your next class started. You could see the top of the science building in the distance, speed-walking in that direction.
In your rush, you passed by a student walking along the paved sidewalk not paying much attention to him more focused on getting to class on time. Right as you crossed paths with him, your heart thumped very hard, just once. It was enough to make you gasp and stop in your tracks, clutching your chest. When you turned your head, you saw the man you had just passed doing the same looking startled. Your eyes met and you felt a little spark.
Could it be?
Had you found your soulmate?
Your cheeks got warm as both of you exchanged awkward glances, parting ways as quickly as you met.

Yoongi's hand moved back up to his chest as he continued across campus, his mind reeling from what had just occurred.
Was that a soulmate thing? You seemed a bit caught off guard as well, not to mention you were clutching your chest just like he was.
If it was a soulmate thing, maybe he should have spoken to you. What would he have said?
Managing to shake away any soulmate-related thoughts, Yoongi entered his math class, telling himself not to worry about the issue.

"You alright?" Yuna asked as you took a seat beside her, having made it to science class with five minutes to spare.
"I don't know." You responded. "Something weird happened."
"Weird how?"
"I don't know. I was on my way here and passed by some guy and my heart did something strange."
Yuna's brows raised. "Did it beat really hard?"
You nodded vigorously.
"Y/n, that means you found your soulmate."
"I don't know." You trailed off.
"That's one of the signs you met your soulmate. Why are you questioning it?"
"Because it was awkward. We both just kinda walked away from each other."
"You didn't speak to him?"
"No." You groaned, dropping your head into your hands. "Should I have said something?"
"Of course you should have said something."
Around that time, the teacher entered the classroom and began setting up the projector.
"You need to find him." Yuna whispered.
"I will. I just need a few days to prepare."
"Alright. Just don't wait so long that you let him slip away."

Later that day you were at the vending machines buying a drink and a small snack. After you retrieved your beverage from the machine and stepped away, you spotted the guy you bumped into earlier heading your way. Just as you were about to take off, he glanced up, his brown eyes meeting yours. After momentarily freezing up, you headed hastily down the sidewalk in the opposite direction, too afraid to speak.