Taehyung ♡ Comfort [request]

Requested by @yoongiboing

Word count: 1,529

It's been four hours since you were supposed to come home from work and Taehyung was starting to worry. He always tried to be respectful and give you your space, not wanting to worry if you were a little late coming home, but it had been four hours.
After a small, internal battle with himself, he finally decided to just call you, reaching for his cell phone. That's when he heard the front door open.

Your bare feet dragged across the carpet as you walked through your shared apartment with your boyfriend. You had kicked your shoes off by the door, not wanting to walk in them a second longer. Your legs ached from standing all day and your lower back as well.

Things were not going your way at all. While you tried to keep your hopes up and brush things off as "just a bad day" it was getting harder and harder to do. You were constantly telling yourself things would get better, but they haven't. In fact, you'd say they've gotten so much worse.
For starters, you had a deadline for work approaching much quicker than you'd like. That alone was bad enough and was putting pressure on you, but it gets worse. To top it all off, your boss paired you up with someone from the office who won't do anything. Thanks to his laziness, you're having to take the brunt of it all, carrying all the weight of the project and doing it on your own.

Having heard you come in, Taehyung jumped up from his spot on the couch, going to the front door to greet you, but you were gone, your shoes discarded by the entrance. He then headed to your shared room, spotting you sitting on the bed, typing away on your laptop.
"I've been waiting for you to come home. I was just about to call you."
"Sorry about that. I ended up staying much later. There were some things I needed to do." You answered, keeping your eyes on the screen.
"That's a long time to stay after work." He sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "What are you doing now?"
"Stuff for work."
"But you stayed for four hours. Did you not get it done at work?"
"This is something else." You responded.
Taehyung didn't want to sound needy, but he missed you immensely and wanted to spend time with you.
"Can it wait?" He questioned, softly.
"Not really."
When he sighed, you glanced up from your laptop, giving him an apologetic look. You wanted to toss the computer to the floor and cuddle with Taehyung for the rest of the night and all day the next day, but you couldn't. The deadline for your own solo stuff was coming up in two days. You had to finish. As for the project you were left to do alone, it was only halfway done, however, you had a week left on that. You'd still have to work hard to get it complete, though.

Taehyung knew his attempts to get you away from your work were futile and his best bet was to leave you to do whatever you needed to do in peace. The least he could do was make you something to eat.
"You hungry?" He asked.
"Oh." You paused, realizing you hadn't eaten since your lunch break at 1:00 PM. Unless of course you count the granola bar you got from the snack machine at work when you stayed behind. "I actually am."
"Is there anything you're in the mood for? I can make you something. Whatever you want."
"Anything sounds good. I haven't eaten too much today, so I'm pretty hungry."
"What have you had?"
"Whatever I brought for lunch and a granola bar."
Taehyung frowned, his brows creasing slightly in worry. That's all you had to eat? Taehyung wasn't confident in his cooking skills, nor did he know how to make many things, but he wanted to help you out.
"I'll go make you something." He excused himself, heading to the kitchen.
He was the most confident making instant ramen, which would be nice. Noodles seemed like a good option. Then again, he could just make you a sandwich or a frozen pizza.
While he contemplated, you were up in your shared room working hard.

You squeezed your eyes shut to refresh them a bit and continued typing. The solo stuff you were working on was information reports and it was exhausting. The somewhat good news was that you were nearly halfway finished, but you only had two days to complete it, so that was causing a lot of stress.

Taehyung returned to the room with a steaming bowl of ramen and a can of your favorite soft drink. You glanced up, giving him a soft look.
"Taehyung."
He smiled in response. "Sorry it's just ramen."
"Ramen is just fine."
You set your laptop aside as Taehyung handed you the ramen, taking a seat beside you on the bed.
"This smells so good." You commented, getting a big bite, letting out a sigh. "That hits the spot."
"Good. You needed a proper meal. You'll be able to focus better."
Your heart swelled at his words. You knew he was worried about you.
"Can I have my drink?" You asked.
"Sure." Taehyung took the can of soda from the nightstand and opened it for you.
"Thanks." You told him, taking a sip.

He watched as you ate, making sure you finished your food, putting the empty bowl on the nightstand.
"So, what is it you're working on?" He asked.
"Reports for work. I have two days until the deadline."
"What is it you stayed behind to work on, then?"
"A project." You responded, reaching for your laptop.
"Wait." Taehyung gently grabbed your wrist. "Do you wanna talk about it?"
"I don't really have time."
"Y/n. I can tell that you're stressed. What is it that's bothering you?"
You sighed, dropping your head in defeat.
"I've just been having bad days at work. I feel like everything is piling on me. Every day it's something different and I don't even have time to work on the super important stuff like these reports." Your chest started to hurt as you spoke, your eyes beginning to water. "I have a deadline in two days for these reports and on top of all that, my boss announced this big project and paired me up with a guy from the office who won't do anything. I'm having to take the brunt of all this and carry all the weight."
Then, everything came crashing down on you and you broke down, letting your tears flow freely, unable to stop them.
"Y/n." Taehyung cooed, wrapping his arm around your shoulders.
"It's too much, Taehyung." You sobbed. "I can't handle all this.
"I can't believe you're dealing with all of this."
"Sorry for not telling you. I just didn't want you to worry."
"I was worrying anyway." He responded, pulling you closer, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "You've been working so hard."
"I know." You sniffled, burying your face in his chest.

His presence was comforting and being in his embrace made you feel better, but you still had work to finish.
"I think you need a break." Taehyung told you.
"No. I can't." You declined.
He pulled away, holding your face. "Yes you can. You need a break."
You looked apprehensive, so he followed up with a question.
"How much have you done on these reports?"
"Over half."
"Okay, so you don't have much to go. Don't you think you should rest for a moment? Stepping away from something for a short period of time will help to clear your head and you'll come back to it feeling much better, I guarantee it."
You pressed your lips together for a moment before caving in. "Alright."

You reluctantly shut the laptop and curled up next to Taehyung. He immediately began to shower you in kisses, peppering them all over your face.
"My baby works so hard." He praised, pressing a soft kiss to your lips.
He started to pull away, but you tugged him back, reconnecting your lips. You could feel him smirk, his other arm snaking around your waist moving you into a position where you were lying down. He kissed you slowly and passionately, melting away your stress. You let out a soft sigh which caused Taehyung to chuckle against your lips, kissing you even harder and leaving you utterly breathless.
Taehyung was a very sweet, gentle, and caring guy, but he could be sensual when he wanted to be... like right now, for example.
His hand moved to your waist, pushing your blouse up just enough to slip his hand underneath, massaging your hip as his head tilted, slotting your mouths closer together. Your hands clutched desperately to his shirt, allowing him to quite literally devour you until he chose to part ways.

"Feel better?" He breathed.
"Much better." You nodded.
"You wanna get back to those reports?"
"Not at all." You grabbed him, pulling him back down to your lips.