Jungkook ♡ Heather [request]

Requested by @elsabeatrisrn6
From what I understand, the song is from Conan Gray's point of view and he likes a guy but this guy likes a girl named Heather. Since this imagines book is a fem reader x BTS member I'll be writing this from the reader's POV where she likes JK but he likes another girl.
I hope this is good 😅

I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater
You said it looked better on me than it did you

"You cold?" Jungkook asked as we stepped inside his house.
"No, I'm fine." I lie, my chattering teeth and quivering body giving me away.
I'd been cold the whole walk to his place. I just didn't say anything.
"Take your jacket off, it's covered in snow."
I did as he said only to see him frown.
"What?"
"Your shirt is wet from the melted snow."
"Oh." I glance down, not really noticing until now.
"I'll be right back." He stepped away, disappearing down a hallway.
He came jogging back moments later, a sweater in his hand. "Put this on."
I excuse myself to the bathroom and change into the sweater he lent me; it smelled like his laundry detergent. Now wanting to dawdle in the bathroom for too long, I headed back to the living room, damp shirt in hand.
Jungkook let out a cute laugh when he saw me.
"That sweater looks much better on you than me." He commented. "Let me put your shirt in the dryer."
I nod, watching as he left the room, my heart racing as I unconsciously clutched the soft fabric of Jungkook's sweater. I'm sure he was just being kind, but this little gesture means so much to me.

Only if you knew how much I liked you

But I watch your eyes as she walks by
What's sight for sore eyes
Brighter than the blue sky
She's got you mesmerized while I die

I watch silently from the other side of the room as he walks by, holding hands with another girl. My heart breaks at the somber sight. Sweet memories turned bitter plague my mind, swirling around like storm clouds, my heart feeling like an anchor in my chest, sinking lower and lower.
He looks so happy. His eyes have a sparkle in them that I've never seen before. He's absolutely smitten with her, I can see it on his face. She has him mesmerized.
I could never make him feel like that.

Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty

Of course he would never like me, never kiss me, or hold me like he does her. I'm not nearly as pretty as she is. She's got perfect hair, perfect skin, she's so nice to everyone.
I could never be her.

You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester

I see her wearing the sweater he let me borrow on that cold December day. My heart feels like it's freezing over just thinking about the memory. It was once a happy memory that made me feel warm inside, but now, I feel as cold as I did on that chilly third of December.

But you like her better
Wish I were Heather

It's been days. I can't keep on like this. I can't keep feeling sorry for myself. I have to accept the fact that he doesn't feel the same. He doesn't like me the way he likes her.

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand
Put your arm 'round her shoulder now I'm getting colder

He holds her hand, a bright smile on his face. He draped his arm around her shoulder, holding her close and pressing a kiss to her temple. I can practically feel myself getting colder, goosebumps rising on my skin.
I wish something would happen to her. If she disappeared, maybe Jungkook would notice me again.

But how could I hate her, she's such an angel
But then again, kinda wish she were dead

But she's so nice. She's kind to everyone and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She's the human embodiment of perfection. Everyone loves her. How could I possibly hate her? Then again, if she were gone, maybe Jungkook would have fallen for me instead.

Or maybe not. I'm nothing compared to her. She and I are two completely different people. I'll never be her, and he'll never be mine.

Wish I were Heather