Hoseok ♡ Graduation Party [request]

Requested by @ShinChanBoi

Word count: 2,164

You looked down at your graduation cap that sat in your hands. You couldn't believe it. You actually graduated. Not that you didn't think you could, your grades were always passing, it's just that you never thought this day would come. It seemed impossible, yet here you are standing amongst your fellow graduates as they embrace family and friends, some crying, some smiling and laughing.
You's been looking forward to graduating high school. In fact, you couldn't wait to leave, but now that the moment had arrived, you felt a little sad. You'd even cried a little during the ceremony, some of the speeches getting to you and tugging at your heartstrings. This was a significant moment in your life and, while you had been looking forward to it, it was bittersweet. You were closing one chapter in your life and starting another.

"Y/n?"
You turned to see your boyfriend, Hoseok approaching you with a bright smile on his face, his eyes crinkling in response.
"Hobi." A smile of your own spread across your features as you approached him, giving him a tight hug.
"I got these for you." He handed a small bouquet of your favorite flowers to you.
"You didn't have to do that."
"Of course I did. It's your graduation. This is a momentous occasion." He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to your forehead. "I'm so proud of you."
"Thank you."
Hoseok dug in his jacket pocket, retrieving his phone. "Let's take some pictures."
"I cried a little during the ceremony." You pointed out, knowing your eyes were more than likely puffy.
"You look fine, babe." He assured you, pulling you into his side as he held the phone up and snapped a few selfies.
He then stepped away, holding his phone up again.
"Okay, now I just want pictures of you. Can you hold your diploma up for me?"
"Hoseok." You chuckled, feeling embarrassed.
"Come on." He urged cutely.
You rolled your eyes playfully, holding up the diploma and putting on a smile. Hoseok beamed brightly as he snapped photos of you, looking more like a proud parent than a proud boyfriend.
It felt like you stood there for ages posing with your diploma as Hoseok snapped endless photos, muttering praises as he did so.
"Okay. I think that's enough." He chuckled, sliding his phone into his pocket.
You breathed a silent sigh of relief.

Your moment of peace didn't last very long, as six very excited boys approached you.
"Y/n I can't believe you actually did it!" Jin laughed, pulling you into a hug.
"Are you saying I'm stupid?"
"No, but you were never the sharpest crayon in the box."
You gave him an offended look until Namjoon cut in.
"You know, that saying doesn't mean what you think it does. If you think about it, the hardest working crayon loses its sharpness. So in reality, it means you've worked the hardest."
You smiled warmly at Namjoon. You could always count on him to bring in that Kim logic to change your perspective on things.

"We need to get a group picture together." Jungkook mentioned.
Before you could protest, Jimin and Taehyung were pulling you into the group.
"I'm the best at taking pictures. I should be the one to take it." Jin spoke up, fishing his phone from his jacket pocket.
Everyone huddled closer together as Jin lifted his arm, holding the phone out just enough to fit the whole group into the photo. He snapped a few quick pictures, moving the phone around a little to get slightly different angles. Before you could process what was going on, Hoseok leaned over your shoulder and planted a kiss on your cheek just as Jin snapped another photo. Your cheeks got slightly warm at the sudden show of affection.
Jin then suggested taking a few more pictures, which you allowed him to do.
"One more." He mentioned, holding the phone up again.
"Guys, that's enough." Yoongi groaned. "I'm sure she's tired."
"Are you sure it's not just you?" Jin teased.
"Yes."
You silently thanked Yoongi for speaking up. You'd kind of had enough of all the picture-taking, but didn't want to say anything.
"We need to leave anyway." Namjoon mentioned.
"Oh, alright. I'll see you guys around." You said goodbye to the boys before turning back to Hoseok.
"Jin went a little overboard, didn't he?" He chuckled.
"Sort of. I understand tonight is a momentous occasion and everyone is excited for me, so I didn't want to say anything."
"My sunflower is so considerate." He grinned, ruffling your hair lightly. "You know, we should probably head home too, you know, before everyone else. It'll be harder to get out of the parking lot."
"Good idea."
The two of you weaved through the crowd of graduates and family members, finally making it to the gym's entrance, stepping outside, the cool night air feeling refreshing compared to the stuffy atmosphere in the gymnasium where your graduation ceremony was held.