Taehyung ♡ Bodyguard AU [request]

Series requested by @insertnameaquiii

"Stay close to me." Taehyung told me as we walked down the street together.
"Tae, it's fine." I chuckled.
"No. Your parents trust me to keep you safe while you're out and that's what I plan to do."
"Alright then, big boy." I chuckled, giving him a pat on the back. "Do what you gotta do."

My parents are famous actors from back in the day and since they're famous, so am I; born into fame, one would say. My parents often took me to movie shoots and red carpet events when I was younger, so I've been around cameras and paparazzi my whole life. As I got older, I didn't accompany them to as many extravagant events, as I was able to take care of myself and stay home at that point. Despite not being in front of cameras as frequently as when I was younger, I still managed to build somewhat of a following which, unfortunately, has gotten me into some uncomfortable situations. Hence why I have Taehyung as my bodyguard.

Said bodyguard was currently walking in close proximity, his dark sunglasses resting on his nose; his eyes rapidly scanning the streets as he brought his fingers up to his ear, pretending to be listening to something.
"You don't have an earpiece." I told him.
"No, but it makes me look cooler and more intimidating if I pretend I do."
I shot him a skeptical look, but allowed him to do whatever since he was supposedly the professional here.
"By the way, you're already intimidating. With your hair pushed back the way it is, showing off those sharp brows, it's very threatening."
He laughed a bit.
"I'm serious! One look at you and everyone freezes up."
I saw a smirk tugging at the corner of his lip, his eyebrow raising cockily for a moment.
"See? You're a great bodyguard. Tall, well-built, ha—" I quickly stopped myself, realizing what I was about to say.
I cleared my throat. "Anyway, you get the point."
"Handsome? Is that what you were gonna say?" Taehyung grinned cheekily.
"Hairy." I lied. "You need to shave."
He didn't need to shave.
"Ah." He reached up, rubbing his not-stubbly-at-all chin. "I guess I do."
"I wanna go in this store." I pointed, wanting to change the subject as quickly as possible.
"Alright, then. Let's go inside."

We stepped inside and I started looking around, perusing the items inside. Taehyung, a fashion enthusiast, began looking as well, making sure to stay in close quarters, of course.
I stole a few glances at him, my heart jumping. He knew he didn't need to shave, yet he played along for my sake. I'm sure of it.
Even if he did need to shave, I bet he would look so good with a little stubble.
I almost drooled at the thought of what he would look like. My mind quickly wandering off to Tae Land.
"Hey. Check these out." Taehyung grinned, sliding on a pair of silver sunglasses with yellow lenses. "Just my style, right?"
"Definitely." I answered, snapped out of my daydream. "But, if you wanna be an intimidating bodyguard, those aren't the shades for you. Plus, they clash with that tie."
He cringed. "Yeah, you're right. I'll just buy them for a leisure day."
"Good idea."

Taehyung absolutely hated the suit he had to wear for the job. A white dress shirt paired with a plain, black suit, with an equally plain tie. He hated it. He wanted so badly to add his own flair to the uniform, but he knew if he did he would be less intimidating. So, he compromised with earrings. He was only allowed simple earrings that weren't too gaudy, which of course he was disappointed, but he was happy to have his small, simple hoops.

After we finished shopping, I was craving a milkshake, in the need for something sweet.
"There's a little place up the street that sells milkshakes and smoothies. We can go there if you'd like." Taehyung suggested.
"Anywhere is fine with me." I said. "Oh, by the way, I'll get you a milkshake if you want."
"I would love that." Taehyung beamed, excited about getting a sweet treat.

We arrived one of the milkshake and smoothie shops and ordered our drinks.
I paid for both mine and Taehyung's milkshakes, which he loved. The two of us stepped out onto the street, ready to take a leisurely walk when Taehyung stopped.
"Oh. We forgot to get straws. Wait here, I'll go get some." He excused himself, stepping back into the shop.

I stayed on the street just outside the entrance, waiting for Taehyung to return. As I waited, I heard someone call out to me.
"Excuse me."
I looked up and saw an older man standing a few feet away.
"Oh my gosh. It is you. You're Y/n." He spoke excitedly.
"Yes I am." I smiled, assuming he just wanted a photo or something.
"I've seen all of your parents' movies. They're so talented. And you, I've practically seen you grow up." He took my hands, beginning to make me uncomfortable.
"Many people have." I nodded.
"You know, you're about the same age as my son. Maybe you could meet him."
"Sorry, but I'm not really interested in dating." I lied.
"You'd love him. He's such a kind and respectful man. I believe I raised him right."
"Excuse me." Taehyung's deep voice spoke up.
I hadn't even realized he returned.
"Step back, please." He ordered, moving in front of me.
The man immediately let go, stepping back and giving us some space.
"Ah. Of course. I should have assumed you have a boyfriend."
"I'm her bodyguard." Taehyung stated sternly.
The man looked surprised.
"Oh! I-I didn't mean any harm. I promise."
"If you'll excuse us, we have somewhere to be." Taehyung said, stepping past the man.

Once we got away, I let out a deep breath.
"Thank you, Taehyung."
"No problem. I'm sorry I left you alone. That was irresponsible."
"It's fine. You only went to get straws. It only took a minute."
"Speaking of." He reached into his picked and handed a straw to me.
"Thanks."
"What did that guy want, anyway? I thought I heard him talk about raising someone right."
"I thought he wanted a photo or something, but he ended up trying to se me up with his son."
"That's weird."
"Very. He just kept pushing and saying things like, "I raised him right, he's so respectful." I didn't wanna say no, so I just told him I wasn't interested in dating."
"Are you?" Taehyung asked. "Interested in dating, I mean."
"I am. I just told that guy I wasn't so he'd get off my back."
"I don't know why he wanted you to meet his son." He pouted, grabbing me and holding me close. "I can't believe he tried to take my Y/n away."
"Your Y/n?" I asked with a chuckle.
"Yeah." He grinned.
I took a sip of my smoothie, wondering what he meant by that.

***

Once I was back home, Taehyung came inside with me, the two of us greeting my parents as we headed upstairs.
My mom and dad were nice enough to let Taehyung move in not long after he was hired. Our house is pretty big and we had plenty of room for Tae. Plus, they felt it would be best that he's around all the time.
"I'm gonna go put this in my room." Taehyung said, holding up his small bag filled with a few pairs of sunglasses he had purchased earlier. "I think I'm also gonna get a quick shower. I'm ready to get this hair gel out."
I nodded and went to my room to put away my purchases as well as change into some comfortable clothes.

Minutes later, a soft knock sounded from my door.
"Come in."
The door opened, revealing a dressed-down Taehyung. His suit gone, now replaced with an oversized shirt and baggy pants, his hair soft and still partially damp from his shower.
"You look so adorable when you're not all dressed up." I commented, not thinking about how it sounded.
He smirked in response, striding over to my bed where he took a seat beside me.
"Hey." He spoke up.
"Mhm?"
"I hope this doesn't sound weird, but do you think it's okay for someone to date their client?"
I furrowed my brows. "That's on odd question."
"Can you please answer it?" He asked, getting a bit shy.
"Could you elaborate a bit?"
"Like, if someone was hired by a couple to watch over someone who means a lot to them, like... maybe their daughter, and then the person who was hired to watch over that daughter ends up dating them. Is that okay?"
"What are you getting at, Taehyung?" I questioned.
"You and me, Y/n. Is it okay for us to date if I was hired only to protect you?"
I let a few giggles slip past my lips.
"Okay, first of all, you could have just started with that. Second, I don't think it matters. I think, if we were to date, it wouldn't be a problem."
"What about your parents?"
"Please." I chuckled. "You know how they are. Plus, they love you. I don't think it'll be a problem."
"Well, what do you think about it?"
"I'm not opposed to it."
"So, you wanna give it a shot?" He asked with a grin.
"I do."
Taehyung's hand moved to hold the back of my neck as he leaned in, pressing a kiss to my lips. It was a brief and gentle kiss, but it made my heart do front flips.
"Oh, and by the way. Next time you wanna call me handsome, just do it."