Jungkook ♡ Midnight Adventure [request]

Requested by @coco_carnation

Word count: 1,908

"I'm bored." You sighed, resting your head on the back of the couch. "What time is it?"
"10:30." Jungkook answered.
You let out a sharp huff, eyes glancing at the window of his apartment seeing the dark night sky outside. "It's too early to go to sleep. Plus, I'm not even tired."
Jungkook turned to you with bright eyes. Your timing couldn't have been more perfect.
"Good."
You lifted your head at that. "Good?"
He just grinned. "Yeah. You wanna go out?"
"Out?" You parroted.
"Yeah. You know, like a spur-of-the-moment, spontaneous date."
You hummed thoughtfully, mulling the idea over for a few seconds.
"Why not?" You caved, getting up from the couch. "Let's do something spontaneous."
"Perfect." Jungkook rubbed his hands together as he got up, reaching for his keys.
"Wait. If this is a date, shouldn't I change first?" You asked, glancing down at your loungewear consisting of leggings and one of Jungkook's hoodies.
"No. You look fine." He smiled. "Plus, you don't need to dress nice for an outing like this."
You stood there in the living room reluctantly, only moving when Jungkook pulled you towards the door.
"Come on, babe, this is supposed to be fun. No planning. We just go as we are."
He was right, so in the name of spontaneity, you slipped on your shoes and allowed him to pull you out the front door in the clothes you were currently sporting.

Once in the car, Jungkook started up his playlist and opened the covering on the sunroof so you could see the night sky above.
"Alright." He smiled, pulling out onto the dimly lit road. "Should we go to the night market first?"
Your eyes lit up. "The night market?"
"Is that a yes?"
You nodded, clapping excitedly. "Let's go."
"To the night market!" Jungkook exclaimed enthusiastically.
The ride to your destination was spent singing songs and shouting the lyrics at the top of your lungs with the windows down making you feel like you were in a coming-of-age film.

Upon arriving at the night market the scent of different foods danced in the air making your mouth water. It had been a while since your last meal so you were hungry to say the least.
The both of you started making your way past tents and tables, each place selling different things ranging from clothes and bags to food and homemade treats. Jungkook inhaled deeply, savoring the delectable smells wafting in the air.
"Ah. It all smells so good. I'm starving."
"Me too." You agreed.
"What should we get?"
"Oh man. I don't know." You murmured, eyeing packs of ramen and freshly prepared pots of spicy rice cakes.
"I want samgyeopsal."
"You always want samgyeopsal." You chuckled.
"If you see anything you want just let me know and we'll stop."

The distinct chatter of night market attendees accompanied by the sizzling of food being cooked filled the air, sometimes paired with  the sound of popular Kpop songs being played at a few food tents.
You passed by a certain stall that was selling something you were craving, tugging on Jungkook's arm to get his attention.
"You wanna get something there?" He asked.
"Yes please."
Luckily, the business sold the grilled pork belly Jungkook had been wanting so badly, so in the end you both got exactly what you wanted.
"I know this is only our first stop, but I'm having so much fun." You mentioned, your cheeks full of food.
"I'm happy to hear that because the night has just begun." He glanced over at you with a knowing smile on his face making you wonder what he had up his sleeve.
You spent the rest of your time walking around eating while perusing the merchandise being sold, stopping to buy a set of matching bracelets which Jungkook insisted on paying for.

After filling your stomachs at the night market, you suggested working it off by going to a 24 hour karaoke bar, Jungkook's eyes sparkling at the suggestion.
"Okay." Jungkook loosened his shoulders, letting out a long breath.
The lyrics showed up on the screen and he started to sing along, his voice like honey. You were enraptured by his incredible performance, that is until it got to the middle of the song where things started to get a bit more dramatic. Jungkook took on a silly-sounding voice, his notes becoming more unstable as he practically belted out the words, even dropping to his knees for dramatic effect when he dragged out a particularly long note. You were no longer watching him with adoration but laughing instead, clutching your stomach as you watched him. He finished his little show with a dramatic pose, his chest heaving up and down as he tried to catch his breath.
"Wow." You clapped. "What a performance."
"It's your turn now, baby."
Picking up your mic on the table you got to your feet and made your music selection.