Taehyung ♡ Movie Night [request]

Requested by @taekwondobear

Taehyung let out a long and drawn-out sigh from his spot beside me on the couch. I didn't pay him any attention, so he resorted to dropping his head onto my shoulder and letting out yet another long sigh.
"What is it?" I finally inquired.
"I'm bored."
"Okay. What do you want me to do about it?" I asked absentmindedly.
"Go see a movie with me."
I set my phone down, now interested.
"Alright. When?"
"Tonight. Preferably around 8:00."
"What movie are we gonna see?"
"I was thinking that new horror movie." He answered. "You know the one with the creepy demon that possesses people?"
My body stiffened a bit. "Are you sure?"
"Absolutely. I've been wanting to watch that one since I saw the trailer for it."
I didn't really wanna tell Taehyung that I don't like scary movies, especially after seeing how excited he was about this one.
"Okay. I'll go with you." I agreed, forcing a smile.
"Great! I'll check the show times." He pulled his phone out and got to work.
"Oh! There's a showing at 7:45. That'll be great. You okay with that?"
"Yeah. 7:45 is fine with me." I nodded.
"Awesome." Taehyung clasped his hands together. "We've got almost two hours until then. I'm gonna go home and get a shower. You can start getting yourself all dolled up and I'll be back here to pick you up at 7:15. That should give us plenty of time to get to the theater. Sound good?"
I nodded.

After Taehyung left, I took a few minutes to tidy up the house before hopping in the shower. I made sure not to waste too much time and got out quickly. I towel dried my hair before shuffling to my room to choose an outfit, with Taehyung on my mind as I carefully picked out my clothes for the night.
"It doesn't even matter." I said to myself. "We're gonna be in a dark movie theater."
I pulled out a long sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts; something casual but comfortable.
I checked the time before scurrying off to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup.

***

Taehyung seemed to be in a rush when we got to the movie theater. He mentioned something about wanting to get good seats. So, when we chose our snacks for the movie, we made sure to be quick about it and not take too long to make a decision.

"C'mon. Let's go." Taehyung rushed.
He was walking so fast, I was nervous some of the popcorn in the overflowing bucket would fall on the floor.
"Careful, Tae." I warned, holding tight to my drink and box of candy.

The nervousness didn't actually hit me until the two of us were in our seats.
"This is the perfect spot." Taehyung grinned. "I'm surprised there's not more people here. I assumed it would be packed. That's why I was in a rush. Sorry about that, by the way."
"It's fine. I can understand why you were excited."
I couldn't.
After fifteen minutes worth of previews and ads, the film started; the opening credits flashing on the screen.
The beginning of the movie wasn't horrible. It just showed a family in their new home, but I knew it would get scary quickly. To keep myself distracted, I ate my candy, finishing the whole box within twenty minutes. Taehyung offered me some popcorn, which I gladly accepted.

It wasn't long before the first scary scene took place. I jumped, a squeak escaping my mouth.
Taehyung turned to me, a worried expression on his face. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah." I nodded.
He seemed unsure but didn't pry any further, not until the next jump scare, anyway.
A quiet whimper left my lips as I watched the large screen in front of me. I wanted to look away, but I just couldn't. I knew I was about to get the daylights scared out of me, I expected it, but I still managed to make a fool out of myself. I nearly knocked my drink over as my body jerked in response to the gruesome and nightmarish demon on the screen. Taehyung immediately turned to me, his hand resting on my shoulder.
"Y/n, are you sure you're okay?"
I shook my head. "Actually, to tell you the truth, I hate scary movies." I admitted shyly.
"What?" He frowned. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"It's embarrassing."
"No it isn't." He shook his head. "Come on."
He took my hand, standing up from his seat, pulling me with him.
"What about the popcorn and our drinks?"
"Forget it. The popcorn was almost gone anyway." He stated as he led me out of the movie theater.
My eyes stayed glued to our intertwined hands, my cheeks becoming warm. He didn't let go until we were at his car.