Yoongi ♡ Stray Cat [request]

Requested by @MeiMeiLCXY

Word count: 1,498

"Hello." You smiled softly, crouching down to give the little black and white cat a few soft scratches behind her ear. "I brought you something."
The feline meowed in response as you retrieved a small can of cat food from your jacket pocket. You were used to seeing the fuzzy animal wandering around on the sidewalk every morning. At first, you assumed she belonged to someone but after seeing her for a while, you came to the conclusion that she was most likely a stray and decided to start feeding her, thus began your almost daily visits with the little animal which have continued for a month.

Yoongi watched from his living room window as you scratched along the feline's back, her trail swishing back and forth in response.
There she is again. He thought to himself.
You collected the empty can of cat food and said goodbye to the black and white cat before making your way down the street and disappearing from his line of sight.

Letting out a short sigh, Yoongi moved to the front door and opened it.
"Did you have fun, Gyul?" Yoongi asked the animal as she strolled inside, merely rubbing against his leg in response.
He pressed his lips together. "You're out there getting spoiled by someone else, aren't you?"
Gyul purred softly.
"Do you not get enough love and undivided attention here at home? Hm?"
The feline meowed in response.
Yoongi let out a tch sound before going to sit down on the couch, his eyes lingering on the windowpane, wishing he would have spoken to you this time.
He had a habit of letting his cat, Gyul, out every morning for her to get some fresh air, one day he just happened to glance outside and see you petting the small feline. He couldn't look away, immediately taken by your beauty. Since then he would look outside and hope to see you again, and he did. After a week or so, you began to show up with food, stopping to pet Gyul for a few minutes while she ate. From then on, every morning without fail you showed up with a small can of cat food. It didn't take very long for him to figure out that you more than likely thought she was a stray cat.

Yoongi found it both entertaining and endearing that you went out of your way to feed Gyul. Entertaining because you didn't know she had an owner, endearing because he could see how much you cared for her and that warmed his heart immensely. You were always so gentle and patient with her too. If you held your hand out and she didn't approach, you wouldn't forcefully pet her, you always waited for her to come to you and when she did you would always gently stroke along her back of lightly scratch under her chin or behind her ears. He wondered if you were going out of your way just to see her, that you stumbled upon her one day while in the neighborhood—or maybe you weren't going out of your way at all. Maybe you lived nearby.
At that moment, Gyul hopped up on the couch with Yoongi, rubbing her head affectionately against his arm. He responded by giving her some attention, lightly scratching the space between her ears.
"I'll talk to her someday." He murmured mostly to himself, hoping that he would have the guts to approach you.

A week had passed, then two weeks.

Yoongi stood at the kitchen counter with a hot cup of coffee, rubbing his bleary eyes. Gyul strode around his feet and between his legs rubbing up against him, ready to go outside after finishing her food.
"I know, I know. Just let me wake up first." He groaned. "You're so impatient."
She meowed in response.
"At least let me have my coffee."
Once his mug was empty he rinsed it in the sink and went over to the front door, opening it up for his dear pet, watching with a soft smile as she pranced out into the front yard her tail swishing languidly back and forth.
He wondered when you'd be arriving, his eyes unconsciously looking up and down the sidewalk.
Stepping back inside, he took a seat on the couch and turned on the television, sinking back into the cushions as he suppressed a yawn, still not fully awake. The morning news was halfway over, some uninteresting headline regarding politics scrolled across the bottom of the screen. It was only when Yoongi saw something outside his window that he looked away from the screen.

He shot up off the couch and stood by the windowpane, watching through the glass as you approached Gyul, crouching down as you pulled the lid off a small can of wet cat food. Your mouth was moving, taking to Gyul while she ate, the feline seeming comfortable around you as always. Maybe today could be the day he finally makes his move. He glanced down at his attire: a black t-shirt and a pair of red plaid pajama pants.
Just do it. He said to himself. It's no big deal. You're just going to try and strike up a conversation. Simple as that.
Taking in a deep breath, Yoongi slipped on a pair of sandals and stepped outside, making his way towards you.

You gave the cute black and white feline gentle scratches along her tailbone, watching as her backside lifted in response making you chuckle softly in adoration.
"Are you trying to spoil my cat?"
You jumped at the voice, looking up to see where it came from. Standing before you was a man with skin like porcelain and the most luscious dark hair you'd ever seen, the long strands flipping out at the ends, some hanging in his face, the sight making your heart jump.
"Your cat?" You repeated, hurriedly getting to your feet.
"Yeah." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Her name is Gyul."
"Ah." You could feel embarrassment flood you. "I didn't realize she belonged to someone."
"I let her out every morning so she can spend some time outside instead of being cooped up all day. I just live right there." He pointed his thumb towards his house which was located just a few feet from the sidewalk.
"Ah, I see. I'm really sorry."
"What for?"
"I've been feeding your cat."
"I know." Yoongi didn't mean to say it aloud, but he was so nervous it just slipped.
"You know?"
"Um..." His cheeks immediately turned pink, the hue noticeable due to his pale skin.
Your eyes squinted slightly as you waited for his response.
"There's no way to say this without it sounding creepy." He sighed. "I've seen you feeding Gyul before. I waited so long to speak to you because I was nervous."
Your eyes flickered down to his hands as he picked anxiously at the dead skin around his nails.
"Why would you be nervous?" You asked with a light chuckle.
"Because I think you're pretty." He admitted lowly, his cheeks becoming an even deeper shade of pink.
"Pretty?" The word left your lips in barely a whisper, your face becoming hot.
This absolute sculpture of a man before you thinks you're pretty?

Gyul rubbed up against your leg catching your attention and causing you to look down spotting the now empty can of cat food on the sidewalk. You were quick to retrieve it, keeping your eyes on the ground.

"You know, if you'd like to see Gyul again you're welcome to stop by."
Your head lifted at that. "Really? You wouldn't mind?"
"Of course not. It's not like she doesn't get enough attention already." He said the last part sarcastically, speaking to Gyul who only meowed in response.
You chuckled softly at the playful banter.
"I'm Yoongi, by the way." He held his hand out for you to shake.
"I'm Y/n." You took hold, trying to keep your cool.
"Well, Y/n, you're free to come back and see Gyul whenever." And me. Went unsaid.
"I'll take you up on that offer."
He smiled at that.
There was no way you could turn down the offer, Gyul was a sweet cat and you'd love to continue seeing her, but you wanted to see Yoongi more.
"Maybe we should exchange numbers. I'd hate to stop by when you're not home." You suggested.
"Ah. I don't have my phone on me right now."
"Here." You pulled yours out and handed it to him. "You can give me your number and I'll just text you. How's that?"
"That works." He responded, timidly taking the phone from you, adding himself to your contacts.
"I should probably get going, but I'll be in touch." You told him, waving as you stepped away. "Oh and for the record, I think you're pretty too."
You hurriedly walked off leaving Yoongi standing on the sidewalk dumbstruck at your parting words.

_____________________________________
Fun fact: Gyul () means tangerine 🍊

Also, this request was made way back in May or June 2022 and it's funny because I'm just getting to it now after the whole thing came out that Yoongi might have a cat.

For those who don't know, during the 2022 World Cup Yoongi posted a screenshot of a pic of Jungkook singing and people saw some of his camera roll in the screenshot and there were pics of a cat 👀
So yeah, this request was made last summer before that whole "Yoongi cat dad??" debacle and now it might be true ?