Jin ♡ A Royal Arrangement [request]

Requested by @isamyg7

Word count: 4,262

You sat in the drawing room, hands perched on your lap and a cup of hot tea before you as you waited for your parents to speak. You'd been told to dress in your nicest attire and meet them around noon for some sort of meeting. Apparently, they had something to speak to you about and it seemed rather important.
"So," You started, taking a sip of tea. "what is this all about?"
Your parents exchanged a look before turning to you.
"There's someone your mother and I would like for you to meet. Please, walk with us." Your father gestured.
You hesitantly stood up from the couch and followed your parents out of the room and towards the large glass doors that led to the garden. You stopped when you saw someone standing by the table on the patio, a tall, dark-haired man wearing an embellished dark blue tailcoat.
"Who is that?" You asked.
"You've reached the age where you need to marry and settle down, so the both of us selected an eligible prince for you." Your father explained.
"This is Prince Seokjin and we've invited him over so the two of you can meet." Your mother stated.

Your brows furrowed as you turned towards your parents, looking at them incredulously.
"You've got to be joking."
"I beg your pardon?" Your mother looked offended.
"The two of you chose this man for me to marry?" You pointed to Seokjin standing outside.
"Yes. He's very qualified."
"Qualified?" You exploded. "I refuse to be forced to marry someone I don't even know."
"You don't have a choice." Your father cut in.
"I do, and I say no."
"At least go out there and speak to him." Your mother pleaded.
"No." You repeated firmly. "I refuse."
"Y/n, you're not being very ladylike."
"I don't care. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm still young, I shouldn't be tied down."

You didn't care if you were being rude. You wouldn't have your parents forcing you to marry someone they chose. That might have been how things were done when they were your age, but times have changed and you aren't ready for marriage, you're not even that interested in dating.

"The both of you will be spending a lot of time together, so it's best you get to know him." Your mom stated.
"I don't want to."
"You will go talk to him and that's final." Your father's voice was harsh and demanding, making you lose some of your confidence.
It seemed you didn't have a choice.
"Go." He demanded.
With that, you slowly and unwillingly made your way outside where the prince stood, your parents following behind.
"Seokjin." Your mother called his name, making him turn around, his gaze immediately landing on you.
The first thing you noticed was his incredibly good looks, but that didn't change anything. So what if he was handsome? You wouldn't marry him.
"This is our daughter, Princess Y/n." Your father introduced you.
"I'm Prince Seokjin. It's a pleasure to meet you." He bowed politely, giving you a warm smile.
You forced a smile of your own, putting on a friendly attitude as you curtsied.
"Thank you."
Your father gave you a warning glance.
"It's... a pleasure to meet you too." You added, albeit quietly.
"We're going to leave you two alone now and let you get to know each other. You can have a seat over there and we'll have someone bring you some tea out." Your mother said, gesturing to the table on the patio.
Seokjin thanked them before they went inside, ultimately leaving the both of you alone.

Seokjon stepped over and pulled your chair out for you, allowing you to take a seat at the glass top table before he made himself comfortable across from you.
"You look beautiful, princess." Seokjin smiled.
Here we go with the flattery. You sighed internally.
"Thank you." You responded, your words holding no enthusiasm or genuine emotion.
He shifted in his seat as he cleared his throat, your response making things awkward.
"I just want to go ahead and say that you can call me Jin. It's more casual."
"Good to know."
"I was very excited when your parents invited me over. They've spoken highly of you."
"Have they?" You murmured, playing with the fabric of your dress. "So, you knew about this ahead of time?"
"I did."
"Lucky you." You scoffed. "I only found out two minutes before I stepped out here."
Jin's smile faltered slightly. "Oh. I'm sorry."
It wasn't his fault, but he apologized anyway. One could understand how frustrating it would be to have a sudden meeting with a suitor without any prior knowledge.
"I'm sorry too." You responded, eyes focused on your reflection on the streak-free glass tabletop.
"Well, I look forward to getting to know you." Seokjin told you.
"That's nice, but I have no plans to return the favor."
He was visibly taken aback by your remark.
"I'm sorry?"
"I do not wish to marry anyone and if I ever marry, I will do it on my own terms." You spoke firmly. "I do not want my parents choosing someone for me."
Despite what you said, Jin didn't let it bother him. He was determined to show you that he was worthy and was more than willing to try and win you over.