Taehyung ♡ Vampire [request]

Requested by @milkixmochi
I hope you like the storyline I came up with! It's over 3,500 words! Enjoy :D

My phone rings from the kitchen counter as I dig through the refrigerator. I pull my head out of the large appliance and groan, upset that whoever is calling is disturbing me from finding something to eat. I close the door and snatch my phone from the countertop, glancing at the screen.

Jimin.

I accept the call and hold the phone up to my ear.
"Yes?" I asked with a sigh.
"Guess what?"
"I don't know. What?"
"I just found a date for you." I could practically hear his grin through the phone.
"Please no."
"Hear me out. I promised myself I would never set you up with a close friend of mine, but I really think you'd like him."
"How so?"
"He's funny, artistic, he has good taste in music, and fashion. Also yes the same age as me."
"What does that have to do with anything?" I question.
"I don't know. Just that he's not too much older than you. I know how you won't date someone if there's a big age gap."
"Right." I mutter.
"Sooooo...." He dragged the word out. "What do you think?"
"I think no."
"Y/n please. I wouldn't be trying so hard to set you guys up if I didn't think you'd enjoy your time with him."
I fell silent as I mulled over this idea of a blind date. This guy could turn out to be really hot and I could possibly have a great time with him. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to do something besides work.
"Okay. I'll go."
"Really?!"
"Yeah, why not?" I sigh. "I might have fun."
"This is awesome! Thank you Y/n!"
"Hold up. Does he want to go on a date with me?"
"He said he would love to go if you agreed."
"Okay. Can I have his number?" I ask.
"No. I don't want you two conversing until you meet in person. I will let him know you want to go on a date, help him arrange the date, then let you know when and where."
"Why do you have to be so particular about this?"
"Because it's called a blind date. You're supposed to go in knowing nothing."
"Okay, whatever." I sigh.
"I'll call you back after I talk to him." Jimin said giddily. "Bye!"

I sat around, impatiently waiting to hear back from Jimin. Half an hour later, I got a text.

Jimin: He's really happy that you agreed! He wants to meet at this nice restaurant called Moonlight tomorrow at 6:30.
You: Wow. He's really going all out.
Jimin: He wants to impress you uwu
You: He's doing very well so far. I'm actually getting excited to meet him.

The next day, I found it hard to not think about the date I would be going on later that night. I've never gone on a blind date. The idea has always made me feel a bit uneasy. I mean, going on a date with someone you've never met or talked to? I don't know about that. Then again, that's exciting to some people.

I stood in my makeshift training room, throwing punches at a punching bag, letting out grunts with each hit. I figured a good way to pass the time is to get in some exercise. With my occupation, it's important to stay in shape, especially if I plan to carry on the family legacy. Which I do.

After an intense workout session, I took a hot shower, washing away all the sweat and stress. I used my favorite body wash, wanting to smell nice for my date tonight.
I stepped out of the bathroom, the air outside feeling much nicer than the suffocating humid air from the shower. I took in a deep breath, feeling much more refreshed. Stepping over to my closet, I select my outfit for the night, changing and heading back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and dry my hair.
I probably brushed my teeth for five whole minutes, flossed twice, and used mouthwash three times.
I don't know why I'm putting so much effort into getting ready for this date. Maybe subconsciously I have high hopes that it'll turn out well and I want to make a good first impression. Who knows. All I know is that I never do this. I'm not interested in dating, let alone blind dating. However, I trust Jimin and I don't think he would set me up with someone he knows I wouldn't like.