Hoseok ♡ Werewolf AU [request]

Series requested by @Alyss_int_ARMY

I unpacked the boxes of chips and other snacks, placing them on the shelves as I bobbed my head to the music playing through the gas station store speakers. I lined them all up nicely, making sure they were all straight and in line. Not that it matters much; people are just gonna come in and grab what they want, some making a mess of the shelves in their mad rush. However, I like knowing that everything is neat, even for just a moment.
I collected the now empty boxes from the floor and carried them to the stock room, grabbing a couple boxes of cup noodles and canned foods. I lugged it out into the store area. As I shuffled to the designated aisle, my foot got caught on the edge of a shelf. I tipped forward towards the ground. Just before I could hit the tile, my co-worker, Joshua, grabbed the boxes from underneath, helping me regain my balance.
"Woah there." He chuckled. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." I let out a relived sigh. "Thanks."
"No problem. You should really be careful, though."
"I know. Sorry. I couldn't see past these boxes."
"Maybe try carrying one at a time instead of two." He let out a short laugh.
"Right."
"Let me get one of those." He offered, taking the box of ramen off the top."
"Thank you."
"Sure. If you need help, you can just ask. There's no sense in me sitting behind the counter when we don't have any customers. I'd much rather be making myself useful helping you."
"I appreciate it." I nodded, carefully setting the weighty box of canned goods on the floor.
Joshua set the box on the tiled floor further down and began stocking the ramen. I stacked the cans up neatly on the shelf, making sure they were in uniform rows.
"You put so much effort into stocking." Joshua chuckled. "Seriously, you make sure everything is just right."
"Of course. It has to be." I answered.
"People are just gonna come in here and mess it up."
"I know." I shrugged. "I don't mind. Plus, I can always come back and fix it."
He let out a chuckle. "I'm sure some of our customers appreciate it."
"You think so? Most of them just come in here for beer and a lottery ticket."
"Yeah, but maybe the ones like you, who like when things are neat, appreciate it."
"I hope so." I smiled, placing the last of the canned food onto the shelf. "Alright. That's that. Is there anything else that needs to be stocked?"
"Yeah. We're almost out of beef jerky and the snack cakes are gone. There should be a box in the stock room."
"Alrighty." I stood up, grabbing the empty box beside me, collecting Joshua's as well before heading back to the stock room.

As I was in the back searching for said boxes of snacks, I heard the bell at the entrance ring, signaling we had a customer. I located the box of jerky and snack cakes and carried them out. The customer was some high schoolers who had come in for some snacks and other things. They were both giggling as Joshua rang up their items.
I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing. I've witnessed many girls giggling and gawking at Joshua. I think he knows because sometimes he'll flash his signature charming grin at them and they'll swoon. It's very entertaining.

"Goodbye, ladies." He smiled as they left the store.
"You do that on purpose, don't you?" I asked, placing packages of Twinkies on the shelf.
"What?" Joshua asked, taking the liberty to start stocking the beef jerky.
"Smile at girls who are very clearly making googly eyes at you. Either that, or you wink."
"Ah." Joshua grinned. "Yeah. I find it funny. It's literally the only entertaining thing I have to do here."
"I felt that." I huffed.
"Hey. I know something fun to do."
"What?"
Joshua grabbed a bag of chips and set them on his head, balancing it.
"Put another one on my head." He told me.
"Alright." I grabbed another bag of chips and stood on my tip toes, placing it on the other bag.
Joshua then began walking, trying to keep both bags on his head. He only lasted a few seconds before they went tumbling onto the floor. He quickly picked the bags up, placing them back onto the shelf. He then grabbed a small pack of Snowballs and placed them on the top of his head. He grabbed a couple more small things and tried balancing them.
"Try and make it to the register and back." I challenged.
"Alright."

Hoseok's POV
Y/n had to work tonight. I know she works at a convenience store and she's not very fond of it. She seemed to really be dreading her shift today. I remember her mentioning something about wanting to keep spending time with me, so I decided to surprise her and stop by to visit.
I pulled up to the store, unable to wipe the bright grin off my face as I thought about what her reaction would be. I looked inside the store from my vehicle, my eyes landing on Y/n. She was talking and laughing with a tall black haired guy. My smile faded as I watched the guy balance various things on his head. He ended up dropping a couple bags of snacks causing Y/n and him to laugh. She reached down and picked the snacks up, handing them back to him. I clenched my jaw at the rather friendly exchange.
I couldn't be bothered to go inside, I was far too mad at this point. I immediately backed the car up and drove out of the parking lot, heading back home.

Your POV
"Finally." I huffed, clocking out. "Time to go home."
"I know, right? I've been ready to go home since I stepped in the doors."
"Me too." I agreed, grabbing my things from the employee's room.
I waited for Joshua to close up before leaving.
"See you next week." I waved to Joshua.
"See ya."
I got in my car, letting out a sigh, relieved to be finished with my shift. Now, I can finally go home and see Hoseok.

As soon as I got home, I hurried inside, ready to see Hoseok. I was surprised to see all the lights turned off. The only light was that coming from the moon slowly rising in the sky outside.
"Hoseok?" I called, stepping into the living room.
I let out a small gasp when I saw a pair of glowing yellow eyes. A sigh of relief left my lips as I realized it was only Hoseok.
"So, who was he?" He asked suddenly, his tone low and sharp.
"He? Who are you talking about?"
"You know exactly who I'm talking about." He hissed, standing up off the couch. "That guy with the dark hair who was balancing things on his head to try and impress you?"
My mouth formed an O shape as I realized who he was talking about.
"That's my coworker, Joshua." I explained, only to pause momentarily. "Wait. How did you see us?"
"How else do you think? I stopped by the convenience store."
"And you didn't come inside?"
He clenched his jaw.
"You're kidding." I scoffed. "I can't believe you came to see me and just left."
"What do you mean by that?" He asked sharply.
"You took things out of proportion."
"I saw someone flirting with my girl. How else was I supposed to take it?"
"Hoseok, he was just trying to entertain the two of us."
"That may be true, but I didn't like it." He growled, cornering me.
I swallowed hard, my breathing suddenly becoming quicker. He leaned in, his lips ghosting ever-so-lightly over the shell of my ear.
"Werewolves are very territorial, you know." He whispered lowly. "We don't like when other people mess with what's ours."
I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth. He moved closer and tilted my chin up towards him.
"Especially our mates." He whispered before pressing his lips against mine, kissing me hungrily and desperately.
My eyes instinctively closed as I melted in his arms, not able to pull myself from the fog named Hoseok that slowly settled over my conscience. I wanted so badly to push him off me and tell him I was still a bit angry with him, but I couldn't find it in me.
His hand moved from my face to my lower back where he began pressing our bodies closer together.
"Next time you go to work, I want that Joshua guy, and every guy for that matter, to know you already belong to me." He muttered lowly before continuing to leave burning kisses along my skin, letting me know just how much I mean to him.