Yoongi ♡ Reconnecting [request]

Requested by @gyanavi_c14

Word count: 2,964

"Are these lyrics?" You asked, reading a short cluster of words Yoongi had messily scribbled on his history notes.
"They are. They just popped into my head suddenly. I wanted to write them down before I forgot."
"They're really good, Yoongi."
"You think so?"
"Yes. Are you going to record music to go with it?"
"I am. I've already got a beat in mind."
"You're so talented." You bragged.
"It's just a hobby." He murmured, lowering his head slightly to hide the blush blossoming across his round cheeks. "When I finish it, would you like to give it a listen?"
Your brows rose, eyes becoming wide as a smile pulled up the corners of your mouth.
"I'd love to."

For as long as you've known Yoongi, he's had a passion for writing, always scribbling down random lyrics that come to his brilliant mind. When he wasn't doing homework he was working on music to go with the lyrics, always committing his spare time to his craft. You admired him for that and loved when he let you listen to snippets of his side projects. As senior year dwindled away, Yoongi talked about going to college for music. You fully supported the idea, encouraging him to apply for scholarships, praising his skills.
"You have a real talent for this, Yoongi." You told him, pretending not to notice the light pink hue blossoming across his cheeks. "I say go for it. You need to have a job in the music industry."
"I'd really like to. Wether I'm writing songs or mixing music, I'd love to be working in that field. Imagining myself doing anything else feels wrong."
Your support has always meant so much to Yoongi and only added fuel to the fire that was his feelings for you. The way you looked at him made him melt, the way you cheered him on and spoke about his talents made his heart soar.
You on the other hand loved supporting him, knowing how some people wanting to pursue a career in music didn't always get the support they needed to chase their dreams.

Yoongi ended up getting accepted to a great college known for their music programs, which you were overjoyed about, until he notified you that he would have to move in order to attend. The news hit you like a ton of bricks and made your heart sink in disappointment. You were planning on confessing to him after graduation, hoping to start the new chapter of your lives on a positive note—if he felt the same, that is. The news crushed your plans completely. It wasn't even worth it to confess at that point.
You had to try your best to hide your disappointment when he told you he would be moving at the end of the summer, just before the fall semester began. He dropped this on you just a week before graduation.
Despite the crushing news, you made the best out of the time you had with him, enjoying the remainder of your senior year.

Graduation night was an excited but tear-filled one. Afterwards, a party was held at Yoongi's house on behalf of both your parents. They had ordered a beautiful cake and lots of delicious food that you planned to take home after the party ended.
You and Yoongi sat on his bed with empty plates covered in cake crumbs, both of you still wearing your gowns.
"I want to make the most of this summer." You spoke up. "I want us to spend as much time together as possible before you leave."
Yoongi's gaze softened as he nodded. "Me too."
"Promise?"
"I promise."

Summer flew by much faster than you wanted it to, but you and Yoongi spent lots of time together as you'd discussed on your graduation night. You went to the mall, the arcade, even taking a day trip to the beach an hour out of town. Though most of the time you were together was spent at his place watching him make music. You made lots of memories together that you would cherish for a long time.
Now here you stood on the sidewalk outside your house to bid Yoongi goodbye before he left for college. He stopped by your place to see you one last time.
"You got everything?"
"I think so." He responded, glancing back at his car packed with suitcases and multiple boxes.
"I can't believe the day is finally here."
"Me either. It feels like just yesterday we were graduating."
"Yeah." You forced a laugh, trying your best to ignore the aching in your chest. "I'll miss you."
"I'll miss you too."
"I'm glad you're chasing your dreams, though."
"Yeah. Me too."
You both stood there for a few moments, you rocking back and forth on your feet, hoping to drag out these last moments for as long as possible.
"There's actually something I have to tell you before I leave." Yoongi spoke up. "I'm afraid if I don't say it now, I'll regret it."
What could he possibly have to say to you? Whatever it was it seemed rather important.
"I like you. I've liked you for a long time, actually. I just feel like it's best for you to know the truth."
Your eyes widened in shock and disbelief.
"Ah." Yoongi glanced at his phone. "I have to go now. Goodbye, Y/n."
You were speechless, unsure of how to respond as the information hadn't quite sunk in. There was no time for you to reply as Yoongi was already getting into his car.
You stood on the sidewalk long after his vehicle was out of sight, his confession replaying in your head.
Yoongi liked you.
"Are you kidding me, Min Yoongi?"