Taehyung ♡ Lake House AU [request]

Requested by iced_peachtae

Word count: 4,257

So I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid and even then, I didn't watch the whole thing, so I only know bits of it. This imagine is not fully based on the film, just the concept of it.

Your feet and legs began to ache as you walked through the park, feeling the need to sit down. You had decided to go walking through the woodsy part of the park, which ended up being a terrible idea because now your feet were burning and begging for a break.
You followed a small dirt trail that led to a creek running through the wooded area. There was a small section off to the side that had been paved with stones and had a small bench to rest on.
"Finally." You sighed, hurrying over to the seat, desperate to relieve your aching legs and feet.
A sigh spilled from your lips and you finally felt sweet relief, the sound of the running water helping to relax you further.

It wasn't until you heard leaves rustling that you opened your eyes. A man with soft, brown hair and gentle features was making his way over.
"Sorry. I didn't know anyone else was down here." He chuckled.
"No, you're fine."
"Mind if I sit?" He gestured to the bench.
"Not at all." You moved over, giving him enough space to take a seat.
You sat idly on the opposite side of the bench, watching the water cascade over the rocks in the creek as it passed over, the sound of the stream bringing you a sense of relaxation.
"Beautiful weather today." The man commented.
"Yes, it is." You nodded in agreement.
"I'm Taehyung, by the way."
"I'm Y/n."
"Y/n." He repeated thoughtfully. "How do you know this place? I never see anyone down here."
"I just followed the trail." You pointed. "I wasn't planning to sit, but I've done a lot of walking today."
"Ah." He nodded. "Yeah, the walk down here can wear you out."
"Sorry if I took your secret spot." You apologized. "I can leave if you'd like."
"No, no." He shook his head. "I don't mind the company. Plus, this isn't really my spot. It's just a place I've noticed is kinda secluded and hidden away from the rest of the park."
"It's a lovely spot."
"It is." He nodded, watching the stream. "I found it a couple weeks ago. I never knew it was down here."
"Yeah, it seems very private."
"It is. It's the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The only thing you can hear down here is the calming water."

Taehyung was stunning. He looked like a model straight out of a magazine. His facial features were beautiful and the way his soft, slightly wavy, brown hair fell over his eyes ever so slightly was enough to make you swoon. As if that wasn't enough, his sense of style was impeccable. The color scheme of his outfit consisted of varying beige tones. He wore a coffee-colored sweater and dark brown pants. It was a simple outfit, but went together so well, and it looked incredible on him.
He had a bag sitting on his lap, which he moved beside him, but it fell over causing some of its contents to slip out, one being a book that you recognized immediately.
"Oops. Sorry about that." He chuckled.
"Oh. Nice choice." You commented, pointing to the book as he tried to put everything back in his bag.
"You know this book?"
You nodded.
"I've been so excited to read it." He grinned.
"You'll love it. It's so good."
"Wow." Taehyung's brows raised. "You must be a fast reader."
"Sometimes."

You and Taehyung continued to meet in that spot for the next month and it had quickly become your favorite place to hang out. You discussed your hobbies, your likes, your dislikes, and anything that came to mind. Turns out he enjoys art and jazz music, which you find to be very fitting considering the way he dresses.

The both of you sat on the bench together watching the stream as you'd done many times before.
"Y/n?" Taehyung asked softly as he fiddled with the rings on his fingers.
"Yes?"
"I hope this isn't too sudden, but I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out."
Your brows raised ever so slightly, surprised by his offer.
"Go out?"
"Yeah. There's a really nice restaurant I like to frequent. I was wondering if you'd like to go."
"Sure." You smiled. "When should we meet?"
"How's Friday night at 7:00?"
"Friday at 7:00 sounds good."
"Alright. The restaurant is called Suordo's."
Your brows raised. "Suordo's? That place is like super high end."
"I wouldn't say high class, but it is one of the fancier restaurants. Is that alright with you?"
"Yeah. I've never been there, but if you like it, I'm sure it's good."
"It is." He nodded.