Taehyung ♡ Already Taken [request]

Requested by @LittleMissNoble

Word count: 4,175

"Y/n, I made this for you!" An eight-year-old Taehyung beamed brightly, handing a piece of paper over to you.
Your small hand reached out, taking the drawing as you looked at it with a snaggletooth smile.
"Is this you and me?" You asked.
He nodded sheepishly.
"I love it so much! I'm going to hang it up on my wall so I can look at it all the time." You beamed.
And you did.
That drawing meant the world to you and stayed on your bedroom wall for years.

Taehyung had been your friend for a very long time, ever since your early elementary school years. As a child you had a massive crush on him, always looking forward to the next time you'd get to see him. The both of you hung out often, mostly doodling or watching television. You remember he once got a painting kit for Christmas that came with everything a kid could want: paints, brushes, an easel, and two small canvases. He had invited you over to his house so you could check it out in person. You ended up watching him paint a picture, which looking back was very messy, but in that moment you thought it was the coolest thing.
As you got older, you continued spending time together playing video games, talking about the latest episode of your favorite TV series, and grabbing ramen at the convenience store late in the evening. There was a couple occasions where you even accompanied Taehyung to the PC cafe where he played computer games.

Around the age of fifteen the two of you started to drift apart. It wasn't on purpose, you'd both just started doing different things and eventually got busy, slowly losing contact with each other. Unfortunately, that's how life is sometimes.
Now you're both adults living your own lives. You haven't seen him in years, despite that, thoughts of him would sometimes cross your mind leaving you wondering what he was up to. Was he happy and healthy? Did he move away or did he still live nearby? Was he married? Did he think about you too?

You were going through a box of your old things and just happened to find that drawing Taehyung had made all those years ago. Smiling at the memory, your fingers traced over the yellowed paper thinking back to when times were simpler, not that things weren't good now—they were, you just missed your old friend is all.

"What's that?" Your husband asked, from the kitchen.
"Just a drawing from a childhood friend." You responded. "I found this box of old stuff and decided to take a walk down memory lane."
"Are there any pictures of you as a kid in there?" He asked, plopping down beside you on the couch.
"I surely hope not." You chuckled, sifting through the items inside.
"Ooh what's this?" He pulled out a messy doodle of a boy and a girl holding hands with a bunch of hearts scribbled on it.
Your eyes went wide as you scrambled to snatch the drawing from him.
"That's nothing."
"Aw come on, Y/n." He chuckled, trying to take the doodle back. "Who's it supposed to be, hm?"
"No one. I was like eight when I drew it."
"That was ages ago. Why are you so embarrassed?"
Your cheeks burned with humiliation.
"It's just some boy I was crushing on."
"Let's see it." Your husband held his hand out.
You begrudgingly handed the paper over, covering your face to hide your blazing cheeks.
"Aw. That's cute." He chuckled amusedly. "Reminds me of some of the things I drew as a kid."
You lifted your head, peeking at him as an indication for him to elaborate.
"I had a crush on this one girl when I was in first grade. I would doodle stick figures of us in my notebook. There's no reason to be embarrassed, lots of kids do that kind of stuff." He assured you, ruffling your hair.
"Yeah, you're right." You huffed out a laugh.

After a few more minutes of reminiscing, you closed up the box and went to the kitchen to prepare dinner only to find that you were out of alfredo sauce. Your head fell back as you let out a groan of disappointment. Your husband, who was in the room next door, poked his head into the kitchen asking if everything was alright.
"We're out of sauce. I'm gonna have to make a special trip to the grocery store."
"Should I come with you?"
"No. I'm just going for alfredo sauce. You can stay here." You told him, moving to the foyer to gather your things. "I won't be gone long."
"Alright. I'll hold down the fort while you're gone." He grinned, giving you a salute before you walked out the door.