Chapter 20

Giyu POV
I woke up to a faint noise, like someone was scratching at our door.

Who would be up now?

I slowly got up and made my way over to the door and slid it open. When no one was there, I stepped out into the hallway and noticed a familiar looking cat turn the corner.

Curious, I followed it around the corner, and out to the garden.

The cat meowed and disappeared.

"Weird...did I imagine it?" I looked around some more and found no traces of Tamayo, or the cat so I decided to go back inside.

When I came up upon the door, I saw a white piece of paper folded on the floor.

"Must if missed it..." I said tiredly and bent down to pick it up.

Closing the door behind me, I read the message.

It had no words, just a drawing of what looked like an eye.

"I'm right here." A strange voice said.

I flinched slightly and got into a defensive stance. I looked up to see a boy with green hair and the most hateful eyes.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. Lady Tamayo sent me to make sure you and that girl get to our estate safely." The boy explained.

This must be Yushiro, the one Tanjiro said to watch out for.

As if he read my mind, Yushiro began speaking again.

"Yes I'm Yushiro. I'm currently using my blood demon art, the only way you can see me is through that piece of paper. Anyways, I just came to tell you exactly where our location is." He said indifferently.

"Okay..." I said confused. So many things were happening at once it was hard to keep track.

"We're behind the wall on the eastern side of Kamakura. I didn't specify but I assume you knew we were in Kamakura from the note." Yushiro folded his arms.

"I knew about the Kamakura part yes, is there anything specific about the eastern part I should know?" I asked.

"Don't tell anyone about it." He deadpanned.

"O-okay." I sweat dropped. Yushiro's aura became evil and he came closer to me. I backed up against the wall in surprise.

"Don't get any ideas about Lady Tamayo. Don't even look at her." He said angrily.

"I won't..." I said quietly. He looked at me with hateful eyes for a little while longer then turned around.

"If there is nothing else, then I'll get going." He said.

"You're not going to come with us?"

"Unlike whatever her name is, I can't walk under the sun."

"(Y/n), and alright."

"I couldn't care more about that girl so don't even bother explaining. She's a waste of my time and is nothing compared to Lady Tamayo."

I visibly gasped.

Excuse me? I'm sorry? Did I hear that right?

"Anyways, don't take too long, goodbye." He said as he disappeared.

I shook my head as Yushiro left.

Tanjiro was right, Yushiro is really rude...I should probably go back and wake (y/n) we should leave now.

To my surprise, (y/n) was already up.

"Oh, good morning. We'll be leaving soon so will you help me clean up?"

The girl hummed and began to remove the sheets from her futon but struggled with folding them up.

After I helped her fold and put them away, I asked to to shrink one last time so we could leave.

Time skip
I had to get some breakfast so I got some onigiri so I could still travel.

(Y/n) held onto my free hand as we walked towards Kamakura. It was still dark outside so I had to be cautious of demons.

(Y/n) was getting tired again, probably because we didn't sleep as much so she was dragging her feet.

"Come on, I know your tired. I am too, but we've gotta keep going." I said.

I finished my onigiri and an idea popped up in my head.

I wonder if she's still competitive...if I could get her to challenge me then that would wake her right up.

"Hey (y/n)...want to have a race?" I looked over at her and she perked up a bit.

"Alright, first one to get into the forest at the end of this road wins." I say pointing to the far off forest in front of us.

(Y/n) eyes filled with determination as she and I got ready.

"Ready. Set," we both got ready to run, "Go!" I yelled as we both took off as fast as we could.

I was off to a good start as (y/n) had stumbled a bit in the beginning, but she was picking up speed as she ran.

"Gotta be faster than that." I said speeding up myself.

This woke me up as well. The excitement and adrenaline kicking in as the wind brushed through my hair, the sound of (y/n)'s feet behind me.

I didn't notice that she had caught up as I was thinking, and when I did, I swear I saw a smirk through her eyes as she easily ran right passed me.

Ahah, that's right. Now that she's a demon, her cardio is through the roof.

I could feel myself tiring and slowing.

No, beat her idiot.

I pushed myself forward even fast as I caught up to (y/n).

Running side by side, we saw the forest coming right up.

We both jumped trying to get in front and it ended with a tie.

Laying in the floor exasperated, I begin to laugh a little.

"You're...so fast now..." I said gasping for air.

Even (y/n) was a little winded from that run. Her knees wobbled and she sat on the ground.

"Haha. You good?" I asked her as I sat up.

She looked at me with an exhausted face and stood up.

"Haha, okay, no more running for now." I said grabbing her hand and began walking again.

"So much for taking a bath right? Now we're all sweaty again." I say to her as she leans forward and let's out a happy hum.

I feel my face flush a bit.

She...just laughed.

"Let's go meet Tamayo and figure something out, I can't do all the talking anymore." I smiled and walked just a little bit faster.

A.N.
Sorry for the shorter chapter, I'd really like to do the whole thing with Tamayo in a separate chapter so the next chapter should be pretty l ö ņ k
Anyways, if you guys have any questions about the story or anything in general I am doing a Q&A so don't be afraid to ask!
Stay hydrated!
Word count 1120 words