Chapter 122

Your POV
"(Y/n), you holding up okay?" Iguro asked me as I stepped behind the counter to refill an order.

"I'm doing just fine," I smiled. Today was one of the very few days I came into work. I was surprised they even let me come in, but thankful nonetheless. It can get boring being in the same walls for long periods of time.

Giyu was currently at home and my mom was in the hospital getting checked up on.

I took a deep breath and went back out to give the refill back. The customer thanked me and went back to their conversation with their friends.

Ohta walked up to me with a cup of water, "You looked kind of tired." He smiled.

"Did I? I feel fine, really, but thank you anyways." I took the water from his hands and sipped it. The water felt nice and refreshing which only made me more thankful towards Ohta.

The rush we had just ended and so we had a small break. I ran to the back to check my phone for any updates about my mom. I had one message and it was from Giyu 10 minutes ago.

Messages

Giyu:
I know you're probably busy
working hard, but I wanted
to let you know I'll be
stopping by later. :)
---

I felt myself get excited at his text. He was probably pretty close by if he sent that 10 minutes ago.

Just as I predicted it, Ohta called me to the front. A smiled even wider and hurried to the front.

Only for my smile to fade at the sight of a short girl next to Giyu. Her small lips folded upwards into a dainty smile.

"(Y/n)," Giyu called with a smile, "I ran into Shinobu on the way here and she asked if she could come along, so she's here too."

"Uh-huh..." I answered unsure. His blue eyes slightly widened with what looked like worry.

"Are you feeling alright? Do you need to come home?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"Feel free to sit anywhere...what would you like Miss Kocho?" I asked.

"Chai please, and thank you!" She chimed.

Just like Giyu...

I quickly turned away so they wouldn't be able to see the hurt on my face and started on their drinks.

I felt a firm hand on my shoulder, "Is everything okay?" Ohta's voice rang out. I just shook my head.

"Iguro, could you finish this for (y/n), she needs to sit for a little.."

"Sure thing."

Then I was pulled away as I heard Shinobu giggle from the table they were at and into the back.

Ohta closed the door behind him and sat me down.

I could feel jealousy burn in my chest as Shinobu's giggle repeated in my head over and over again.

"Who was that?" Ohta asked gently, forcing me to inhale sharply.

"Giyu's crush from uni." I said with an edge.

"His crush from uni? How'd they meet up again...why'd they meet up again?"

I ran a hand through my hair, "She was my substitute doctor for a check up one day...and she's basically been at his hip since then. Always popping up."

Ohta looked taken aback, appalled.

"Is he seriously that dense?"

Apparently.

"Does he know it makes you upset? When you see her with him?"

I shook my head, "He reassured me that feelings weren't there anymore and that they haven't been since graduation...but..."

Ohta grabbed my hand in a comforting manner, "You need to tell him. One of the reasons relationships fall apart is because of miscommunication."

"I know I need to tell him...but I just don't know how to approach him about it. What if he gets upset that I bring it up? Or if-"

"Then he's not the one for you, (y/n). It's the same thing if you meet up with an ex. He wouldn't be very happy if you guys were attached at the hip either."

Silence fell between us as my mind ran wild about every scenario and outcome that could happen.

"Don't think too much about it, and try not to stress...okay? I have to go back out, but you stay for as long as you need, okay?"

I nodded my head and Ohta embraced me for a short second before leaving again.

After the door shut, I tilted my head back and released a sigh.

Ohta POV
Poor (y/n)...she doesn't deserve to go through that...

I hope she'll be able to talk it out with Giyu...

A burst of laughter came from the table Giyu and his friend were at. Their faces red from laughter.

The girl apologised for the outburst as it disturbed other customers, the sight made me ticked off. It was ticking Iguro off too.

None of us were too fond of this girl from uni. Feeling angry at the way Giyu laughed with her instead of worrying about his upset wife to be kn the back, I made my way over.

Iguro held me back with knowing eyes, "Don't. They need to work it out for themselves. It'll only get worse if we interfere."

Begrudgingly, I nodded my head and got back to work. My thoughts occasionally going back to (y/n) hoping she was doing okay.

Iguro was right though, I'll only cause more problems if I try and cut it. All I can do is give (y/n) advice.

"Ohta," Giyu's voice called from behind me. I put on a bright smile.

"Yes?" I asked and noticed his face was slightly more worried than the last time I checked.

"Is (y/n) alright back there? I know she said she was fine, but I can't help but worry." He said quietly.

"I'm sure she'll be okay." I answered for more than one question.

Giyu gave me a questioning look and all of a sudden his friend was right next to him.

"Everything okay?" She asked tilting her head to the side.

Giyu nodded his head, "Then let's go back!" She exclaimed.

I looked at the girl questioningly. She was acting a little too friendly with him in my opinion. Chiyoko wouldn't be very happy if another girl started acting like that around me.

Giyu looked absolutely clueless though.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A.N.
D r a m a

Okay, I'll update again soon. Don't worry!

I love you guys so much!

Stay hydrated!

Word count 1081 words