Chapter 68

A.N.
Yes

. . .

Your POV
Giyu and I both called into work and explained everything that was going on. They gave us the time off we needed so we could go see my parents.

I was feeling nervous, and scared of what they'll think after all this time.

We were on the train, and it was about an hour ride to the Yanamashi station. That's where my dad was going to pick us up from.

I had an hour to prepare myself for seeing my parents for the first time in three years.

I was sitting next to the window, and all I could do was stare at the outside before me.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Giyu quietly asked me. I turned to face him, and it was clear that I was nervous.

"Just...nervous, is all." My voice shook a little bit.

Giyu placed his hand atop of mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"It'll be okay." He said with a small smile.

. . .

About 30 minutes into the ride, I was growing more anxious than ever. The pit in my stomach grew and the breaths I was taking were short and rapid.

Of course I tried to keep them quiet as I didn't want to worry anyone, specifically the man sitting right next to me, but it wasn't really working in my favour.

"Do you want something to eat? Water?" He asked trying to calm me down.

I just shook my head. I don't think I could stomach eating anything right now, but now water wasn't sounding so bad.

Giyu was already ontop of it and handed me a bottled water he had gotten before hand.

"Thanks," I said fiddling with the water. Giyu hummed in response and I could tell he was trying to think of more ways to make me relax.

I thought it was cute, and it showed me that he does care.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could do more." He said.

"Don't be! If it weren't for you being here, I probably would've chickened out 30 minutes ago! And...I'm really glad you're here with me. Really.." I said to reassure him.

I placed my head on his shoulder and held his hand tightly as to try and relax.

I wasn't going to lie when I felt better with him, and now more so than ever.

. . .

The last of the 30 minutes went by quickly, and now we were grabbing our luggage from the carriers, and exiting the train.

I was now more nervous than ever. The time has come for me to finally face my parents.

Giyu made his way beside me and we both made our way out of the station.

We were greeted with a warm, blue sky with clouds coating above us. The sun was shining brightly making it feel hot.

Summer was nearing us.

"(Y/n)." A stern, gruff voice called.

There's a voice I haven't heard in years.

I looked slightly to my right, and saw him. My father.

He was avoiding eye contact with me, and had a look of both anger and shame on his face.

However, I couldn't tell if they were directed at me or not.