Chapter 137

Your POV
I was on my way to the hospital for a check up. I was now 7 months along and today we were scheduled for an appointment.

Nothing more than a quick check up.

Unfortunately, Giyu wasn't able to come with me as he had work and couldn't get it off. This was only because he has already taken more days off than supposed to.

I slowly made my way to the subway as I was already feeling off enough. As I walked, my surroundings felt as if they were spinning and I felt short of breath.

While I wanted to tough it out, I also had to remember the health of the baby.

Maybe I should just cancel the appointment today and go home?

Feeling unsure, I sat down on one of the benches and pulled out my phone.

Hopefully he answers.

I pulled up Giyu's contact and pressed the call button, putting the speaker to my ear as the phone rang.

"(Y/n)? Is everything alright?" Giyu's voice spoke. Sighing out of relief that he answered, I leaned back into the bench.

"Maybe?" I questioned, "I don't know..."

"What's up?"

I bit my lip wondering if it was just my emotions acting up and that I called Giyu for nothing.

"(Y/n)?"

I shook my head, "Remember how I wasn't feeling well this morning?" I asked.

Giyu hummed over the line, "I'm feeling worse than just then, do you think I should cancel the appointment and go home?"

I waited patiently for his answer, there was a small conversation going on in the background. I probably called him at a bad time.

"I think you should do whatever you think will best. If it were me, I would think about my health to be make sure I'm safe, but I'm not the one who's feeling unwell right now."

"Hmm..." I hummed.

"Think about it this way, would you be able to make it all the way to the hospital in the state you are in?"

"...I don't know..."

"If you're unsure, then it's probably best that you go home. I'm really sorry I'm not there to help you..." Giyu trailed.

I slowly stood up and walked back towards the apartment.

"Don't apologise! You're only at work and you don't really have a choice. I can take care of myself."

"Is Saya at home?" Giyu asked.

"She'll be home later." I answered, staring down at my feet as they took the familiar path back.

Giyu hummed, "Okay, but if you start to feel worse I want you to call her and text me, alright?"

"Yes, of course. Sorry for bothering you while you're working..."

"You could never bother me, please just get some rest."

"Alright, I love you."

"I love you too, (Y/n)."

Giyu POV
The line cut off as she said goodbye and I could feel my nervousness spread throughout my body.

"You okay?" Sabito asked as I rubbed my temples.

I shook my head and then nodded, but then shook my head again.

"I- which is it?" He asked.

"(Y/n)'s not feeling well and I'm not with her." I answered.

Sabito placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"I'm sure she'll be okay, she's a tough woman!"

I nodded my head curtly, "I know she is, I'm just worried about her...is all..."

"Did you call Saya?' Sabito asked.

I let out a breath, "Thinking about it."

I know (y/n) promised to call Saya if it gets worse, but she'll most likely try to tough it out like she always does.

Sabito and I were walking down the hallway into the staff room when Tanjiro popped up into view.

"Mr. Tomioka! Mr. Sabito! Good morning!" He chimed with a bright smile.

"Good morning, Kamado!" Sabito smiled and I just nodded, still in thought about what to do for (y/n) who hopefully made it home safely.

Tanjiro seemed to notice this and looked at me with careful eyes.

"Everything okay, Mr. Tomioka?" He asked.

"Everything is fine, thank you." I answered.

"Well, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask!" Tanjiro smiled kindly.

I nodded again and we sent Tanjiro off, stepping into the staff room.

Tengen and Sanemi were talking, Kanae was working on something. Most likely tests, and everyone else is making their way here.

"Kanae," I called and got her attention. I stepped closer to her in order to keep the conversation on the down low, "(Y/n) is seven months along and has been getting sick quite frequently, is this something to worry about?"

Kanae shook her head with a smile, "For first timers it's typically normal to get sick often. As long as she maintains a healthy life style, you'll both have nothing to worry about. However, if her sickness gets progressively worse, you might take her in to see a doctor."

I nodded, "Thanks, that really put my mind at ease..."

I sighed a small breath of relief.

Hopefully, she'll be okay...no. She will be okay, I know it...

She's strong and I know she'll be herself again soon...right?

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A.N.
Sorry for the shorter chapter, I just wanted to get something out before I pass out myself! I'll be sure to make the next chapter extra long just for you guys!!

Stay hydrated!