Chapter 131

Your POV

It's...happening...

Butterflies weaved in and out of my body, never failing to make me feel more nervous.

I get married to the love of my life today...

I took a deep breath in yet it only caused to make the butterflies more abundant.

I was in the car with my mom, Mitsuri, Kanae, and Nezuko. Separate from Giyu's car which held my dad, Sabito, Rengoku, Tanjiro, and surprisingly Sanemi.

Giyu and I have been apart for the past two days. It was tradition, and my mom wanted a traditional wedding.

I wanted to make her happy...and a traditional wedding just sounds so much more authentic.

The place we were going to was a scared garden venue. Filled with beautiful Sakura Trees, Wisteria, and many more beautiful Japanese plants.

We drove to the opposite side that Giyu was getting ready in as to keep tradition.

"Alright, first we need to get you dressed into your shiromuku." My mom smiled.

Shiromuku is the first kimono I wear. It is a completely white kimono to represent purity and that I will soon become the colour of my husband's family.

The girls all began helping get changed. The dress was very heavy, and I could feel my body temperature ride very quickly.

The kimono itself was simple, but there were very intricate designs embroided into the fabric.

"Kanae-san, would you please get started on her hair while I begin the make up?" Mitsuri asked. Kanae hummed and turned towards Nezuko.

"Will you please go and get (y/n)'s head piece?"

Nezuko nodded and ran off to find the large head piece, Mitsuri began to paint my face, and Kanae began to tie my hair back.

My mom was currently putting her kimono on too. She was apart of the ceremony after all.

"Close your eyes..." Mitsuri said, and I did just so.

It's tradition to also paint the bride's face white, much like a geisha's. During the ceremony, my mom would paint my lips red as a symbol of beauty and maturity.

Mitsuri was now finished with make up, and Kanae was finished pinning my hair back with one more pin.

"You look gorgeous...!" They both chimed.

"Thank you..." I smiled nervously.

Nezuko tugged on my sleeve, revealing that she had found the head piece.

Instead of a veil, it was almost like a hat that covered the majority of the top of my head. I whispered a small thank you and my mom placed it on top of my head.

"I'm so excited...I can't believe it's happening today..." My mom smiled.

Her smile made my heart melt, I was so happy that she could be here with me today.

Don't forget to breathe...no need to be nervous...you've practised the ceremonies a number of times...it's okay.

It was an understatement to say that I was nervous. There were so many rules and different sections if the ceremony I had to memorise. That was the reason why Giyu and I had to spend time apart. We were both practising the different ceremonies we had to partake in.

And boy was there a lot. My only hope was that Giyu was doing much better than me.

Giyu POV

Oh god...oh my god...I'm getting married today...did I go through all of the ceremonies? Did (y/n) go through all of them? What if I mess it up...what if I do so horribly that the shinto priest says we can't get married...what if-