Chapter 42

A.N.
Are you hydrated?
No?- go drink some water right now.
Yes?- go enjoy the chapter
Now you are?- then go enjoy the chapter too.

Giyu POV
Please tell me you saw that." She said with her back turned to me.

I felt myself tense up a bit at the strange memory I had just saw moments before.

"Do you mean..."

"A cherry blossom pond." She said so quietly, I could barely hear her.

"You saw that too?" I questioned, feeling a tightness in my chest once again, this time it was nerves.

(Y/n) turned around and had tears running down her face.

"Woah, hey, are you okay?" I asked stepping closer to her. She took a step back.

"Why is it whenever I see you I feel this way? Or see strange things? This memory, whose ever it is, was supposed to be a happy one, right? Then why do I feel so hurt?" She folded her arms against her chest and held herself tightly.

"(L/n)-san...I don't know. I really don't." I answer truthfully.

"Then what are we supposed to do? How do we stop this?" She cried.

She waited for me to answer, but I didn't know what to say. I wanted to answer her questions, but I don't have the answers.

"I feel like I know you, but I don't know you. I mean, you've been coming to this cafe for maybe half a year or so, but we've only really talked yesterday." She wiped her eyes as she calmed herself down.

"Maybe we both need to take today off, and figure this out." I suggested.

"I can't just leave Ohta on his own."

"He's nineteen isn't he? He should be fine."

(Y/n) took a minute to think about her answer. As I looked at her, I thought about what she said, about how she felt like she knew me.

I started to feel that way myself the longer I stared at her. How her (h/l), (h/c) hair framed her face, the way her (e/c) eyes sparkled when she was happy, and how they became even more beautiful even if she cried.

For some strange reason, I felt the urge to hold her and whisper sweet nothings telling her it'll be okay.

Obviously I had to hold back those feelings, I couldn't just go for it. It wouldn't be a very good impression on a girl I had only known of for half a year.

"What am I supposed to tell him?" She asked.

"Hmm, maybe tell him some family matters came up? Or you started feeling sick?"

"I hate lying..." She trailed and looked down.

I felt guilty making her feel that way, I really did, but I knew that we couldn't just ignore these feelings. It's hard to, and they get worse whenever I'm not with her.

God I sound clingy.

"But if you think we can figure this out, then I'll do it." (Y/n) said with a small smile.

I gave her a nod and watched her go back inside.

Feeling a little empty as she left. I closed my eyes and leaned up against a wall, not aware that slowly another strange memory began to play in front of me.

Memory
As I walked deeper into the woods, I stumbled upon the pond a girl and I fell into.

"(---) where are you?"