Chapter 108

Your POV
There he was, just standing in the doorway. His face expressionless and dull.

"What are you doing here?" I asked upset. I did my best to hide it.

How did he find me anyways?

"(Y/n)," He cleared his throat, "why haven't you been answering my calls?" He asked a bit demandingly. His voice gruff and stern.

"Because you don't even want me at home." I explained.

Giyu held my hand gently and gave it a squeeze.

"When I call you, I expect you to answer next time." Osamu said.

We all stood there in loud silence, I wanted him to leave already. All he came here to do was reprimand me and tell me how much of a disappointment I am.

"Are you going to invite me in?"

I wanted to say no, but I knew it'd do no good in this situation. My dad was pissed if he came all the way out to Tokyo.

Reluctantly, I stepped to the side and gestured for him to come in.

"Be my guest." I said and he walked right in.

My dad took his shoes off and stood awkwardly next to us. Silence creeping in once again.

"Have you lost your manners? Are you not going to show me around?" My dad suddenly spoke.

"Okay okay, follow me.." I said getting annoyed.

"Watch your tone."

I felt something within me snap, but before I could lash out Giyu squeezed my hand once again and pulled me into the living room.

"This is just about everything, sir." Giyu spoke gently.

"It's...small." Osamu pointed out.

"All apartments in Tokyo are small dad. It's small and cheap. Lots of people." I said.

"You wouldn't have to live in this apartment had you finished your studies and became a doctor."

I said nothing and just stood there. As always, he'll do nothing but point out my flaws.

"Where do you live?" Osamu turned to Giyu.

I felt Giyu tense up and I could feel him grow nervous. While I thought it was cute, I felt bad for him. My dad was not a forgiving man.

"I actually just moved in today." Giyu said.

"As in...you moved in next to (y/n)? A floor up?"

"No...I moved in with (y/n) today."

I watched my dad's eyes grow wide. I could tell he was keeping his anger at bay, he was doing his best not to explode on me.

"You moved in...even though I never gave you my approval to marry my daughter. (Y/n), have you forgotten everything I've taught you?"

"Dad, we're engaged. Mom gave us her blessing already." And you practically disowned me so I don't need your approval... I thought.

"Engaged..."

Oh god, what is his reaction going to be?

"Why are you here?" I asked.

Osamu looked up at me, his face expressionless.

"What, I can't visit my own daughter?" He retorted.

"If you just came here to yell at me and tell me how much of a disappointment I am then you can leave." I spoke softly.

Giyu POV
I could feel (y/n) start to tremble and I knew she was getting anxious around her dad. I won't lie when I say I'm ticked off that he's here.

He's caused (y/n) enough suffering.

I looked up from (y/n) and towards Osamu, and I felt shock all over my body.

His face wasn't expressionless for the first time. It looked as if he was pained while looking at (y/n).

Does he...feel guilty?

The second (y/n) looked back up, Osamu stood up.

"I see. Then, I'll leave." Osamu said and walked to the door.

I placed my hands on (y/n)'s shoulders and whispered into her ear.

"I'll show him out, why don't you go get ready for bed."

(Y/n) nodded her head and left to go and wash up, and I walked over to where Osamu was putting his shoes back on.

"So it's all a facade." I said as I leaned against the wall.

"What is? And who gave you permission to speak to me?" Osamu didn't even turn his head to face me.

"Why did you show up out of the blue? If you're so mad at (y/n), why did you come here if all you wanted to do was to yell at her?" I asked.

"Stop talking to me. I don't need to be lectured."

"It's my job to lecture."

"No, your job is to teach kids to do pointless workouts they'll never do again."

"I'm going to let that one slide." I said bouncing slightly off the wall and walking over to him.

"It's none of your business as to why I am here." Osamu stated.

"Actually, it is. You see since I am (y/n)'s fiance, it's my job to make sure she's happy. And if she isn't, then it's my job to make her happy. Unfortunately, you've made her quite upset and I'd like to know why you are being so harsh to your own daughter in her home."

Osamu turned back to me and looked annoyed. I frankly didn't care anymore.

He looked as if I had very much offended him, and I probably did. I wasn't going to let him walk all over (y/n) again.

Osamu took a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

"I'm leaving." He said, and without another word he walked right out the door and shut it.

I stared at the door for a minute to try and figure out why Osamu was here. When I couldn't come up with anything, I walked back to my now shared room with (y/n) and flopped down.

My eyes felt heavy and I could feel myself drifting to sleep, but I wanted to wait for (y/n) to be back.

Unfortunately, I was losing the fight and I eventually fell asleep thinking about little things about her.

I didn't realize exactly how much my feelings had grown for her, and they continue to grow everyday.

I let sleep take over my body and I felt myself relax even more into her sheets.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A.N.
Hi, I'm tired, so I'm gonna go nap.

I miss you guys lots and have some tea that I'll spill after a nap!

Stay hydrated!

Word count 1061 words