Chapter 10

Your POV
The light from the sun slowly died out as night approached. I knocked on the door again.

Guess they're not home...I'll just walk around I guess.

As I was looking around, I heard light steps trotting behind me, I decided to speed up a bit.

So did the other person.

I'm being followed...could it be the demon?

I quickly rounded a corner only to be met with a dead end.

Guess I'll face them head on

I turned around as I heard the footsteps get louder.

But nothing ever came. Confused, I walked out from the corner and saw a familiar geometric haori.

"Giyu?" I said as I walked to where I saw him. When I said his name, he looked at me and ran towards the woods.

"Wait! What are you doing here!?" I said as I sped up to catch him.

When I left him he was in no state to get up, how...why?

I got out of the village and entered the woods to search for Giyu. I turned my head and saw him standing a few meters away from me.

"Giyu, what are you doing? Are you alright?" I said as I step closer to him.

He just stared at the ground.

"Giyu-"

"Stop talking to me. I don't even know who you are." He said.

I froze.

"What...come on Giyu..it's me..(y/n).."

He looked up at me with cold eyes as my heart dropped.

"I said stop talking to me. I don't know anyone like you." He walked towards me. "I don't know anyone who is pathetic, annoying, and dull as you."

Pathetic...annoying...dull..? Does he really think of me like that...does he really not remember me?

Giyu near me a stuck his hand out to grab my shoulder.

This is not the Giyu I know...this is not Giyu.

I smacked his hand away from me.

"You're not Giyu. He wouldn't act like this." I said stepping back.

'Giyu' laughed.

"So you think. You can't even recognize me?" He smirked.

This has to be the demon.

"No. You're not him." I stood my ground.

The demon looked at me and gave in.

"Well...guess there's no point in hiding it." The demon said as he reverted back to his original form.

He grew a bit in size and his skin turned to a ghostly pale. I quickly grabbed my katana and had it at the ready.

"You make me sick, using those who are dear to others to get to them! That's horrible!" I yelled as I ran at him.

The demon quickly formed back into Giyu.

"(Y/n) please! Don't do this!" He said.

I stopped my attack.

He sounds just like him...he sounds so scared...I-I can't bring myself to hurt him!

He smiled and took the opportunity to grab my by the shoulders and throw me down. I gasped in pain.

It's not him...it's not him...it's not him...it's...not...him...