Chapter 145

Giyu POV
"Keep it up girls, exams are coming up so work hard."

The students were currently running 4 laps around the track for mile times. As they passed me, I continued to push them on.

Their final mile time should be faster than their first run at the beginning of the year. I believe that most if not all will have faster times.

However, I wasn't focused on the runs entirely because today is the day that (y/n) is supposed to go into labor.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest everytime I think about it.

It could go one of three ways...

The school was letting me go after lunch so that I could be with her, but I felt like she needed me now.

(Y/n) probably didn't even sleep last night because of how scared we both were.

Currently, Chiyoko told me that they were beginning to try different ways to help induce a healthy labor which only made me more anxious.

Knowing that she could go into labor at anytime scared me.

My heart was pounding since this morning.

"Mr. Tomioka!" Nezuko's voice called out which temporarily moved my attention away from my thoughts, "Are you feeling alright?" She asked in a hushed tone.

I was surprised that she initiated a conversation with me, but shrugged it off.

She had just finished her mile, she wasn't first to finish, but I know she beat her time.

To answer her question, I spoke softly, "I'm fine, go and drink some water."

Nezuko hesitantly nodded her head and walked over to drink from her water bottle.

Students one by one finished their miles. Some slower than others, but as long as they do their best, then I'm proud of them.

Once everyone was finished and had some water, I had them partner up for rep counts.

For 1 minute, they'd do as many push ups, sit ups, and side to side squats as they could.

I started the first round when everyone was ready to go. The gym was filled with the students cheers and support as the others continued to push themselves.

I looked at the clock to see what time it was and unfortunately, only 5 minutes had passed since they finished their miles.

Sighing, I looked back down at the stopwatch. Once it beeped, I told them to stop and write down what they got.

Today is going agonizingly slow.

Time skip

Finally.

Finally it was lunch break for everyone and I headed straight for the staff room.

The other teacher's were there and were eating their lunches as I walked in.

"Hey Giyu!" Sabito smiled brightly and slung his arm around my shoulder.

I nodded and said nothing, heading for my desk to quickly grab my things.

"Tomioka-san," Kanae spoke up, "We're wishing you and (y/n) good luck. We're cheering for you two." She smiled.

"Yeah, take care of her. What she's going through isn't easy, so be there for her, alright?" Tengen said.

His words surprised me-

"So that I can take care of her when she's done with you!" He finished.

There it is.