Chapter 129

Giyu POV
I sat nervously tapping my leg as (y/n) and I waited in the hospital. We were getting an ultrasound today to hear if the baby has a heart beat.

(Y/n) had a reassuring hand ontop of my own and gave it a squeeze. She then leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"There's nothing to be nervous about."

"I know...I just...?" I struggled communicating my emotions, but she got the gist and nodded her head.

I also had to make sure our usual doctor was here so we didn't have another run in with Shinobu.

I won't lie when I say I'm glad we won't be seeing her again today. That whole ordeal was horrible and I never want something like that to happen again. Ever.

Suddenly, a door opened with a loud click and a nurse stood at it holding a clipboard, "(y/n)," She called.

I stood up and held (y/n)'s hand tightly, helping her stand up and walk over to the hallway.

"We'll be in the room to the left here." The nurse smiled and gestured politely.

I guided her into the room and they had (y/n) sit in the chair for a quick check up.

"How have you been feeling lately?" The nurse asked.

"Just the usual nausea and aches. Nothing new." (Y/n) smiled.

"And how has morning sickness been?" She asked.

(Y/n) just groaned which caused the nurse to laugh. (Y/n) laughed with her as she finished the check up.

"Well Mrs. Tomioka, you're good and healthy! I'll get the doctor and he'll perform your ultrasound soon!" The nurse chimed.

My nerves quickly came back, only this time I was more excited than anything. The nurse left the room leaving us alone in the room.

"I guess I should get changed into the gown huh?" (Y/n) giggled and stood up.

"Would you like some help?" I asked.

"Yes please." She answered with a soft smile.

I felt my heart beat speed up softly. I couldn't take my eyes off of her smile and admired her.

I'm in love...

(Y/n) began to remove her shirt and handed it to me. She had a small baby bump which made me feel all giddy and happy.

I still couldn't believe that I was starting a family with her.

She then slipped the gown on and asked if I could tie it in the back for her.

She moved her hair to the side as I stood up and began tieing the strings together.

"Thank you." She said, I just hummed in response as she turned around to face me.

Her head tilted up to look at me, allowing me to have a perfect view of her mesmerising (e/c) eyes.

I gave her a small peck on her forehead and wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you..." I whispered.

(Y/n) let out a small giggle and pulled away to sit back down.

"For what?" She asked.

I sat back down and let out a sigh.

"Just for being here with me." I answered softly.

There was a knock at the door and then it opened, the doctor stepping in.

"Good afternoon, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"Like a pregnant lady." (Y/n) joked, "But I'm feeling just fine." She smiled.

"Alright then, let's go ahead and get this ultrasound." The doctor smiled back.

We were then taken into a screening room that was dark. (Y/n) was laid down on a bed and the doctor asked her to lift her gown up past her stomach. She covered her lower half with a blanket.

The doctor then put gel on her stomach and started moving the transducer around accordingly.

"Ah cold.." (y/n) joked.

Butterflies filled my body as I watched the screen intently.

"Here's the head." The doctor said.

I looked closely and could make out the shape. My eyes widened and I felt so giddy.

I felt (y/n) place her hand ontop of mine and she gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Do you know the gender?" I asked, curious to know.

The doctor shook his head, "I won't be able to tell until about 18-21 weeks." He explained.

I nodded my head slightly disappointed, but understood.

"Oh, you can see the hands here," The doctor moved his finger across the screen.

Tiny hands showed up on the image and I wanted to cry at how precious I thought it was.

I wanted nothing more than to hold those hands in mine.

The doctor removed the transducer and got out his stethoscope. He started feeling around and listening.

A soft smile spread across his face as he removed the earpiece.

"Your baby has a heartbeat. Would you like to listen?" The doctor asked (y/n).

Her mouth fell slightly agape and her eyes sparkled as she nodded her head.

The doctor gently placed the earpiece into her ears and let her listen.

I watched intently as her eyes widened, they almost glistened with tears. She lifted a hand to cover her mouth which had a small smile.

She closed her eyes and placed the hand on her chest. (Y/n) looked towards me and took a breath.

"Would you like to listen?" She asked me.

I felt myself freeze up, was I ready? My heart sped up and the butterflies became more aggressive.

I slowly nodded my own head and stood up. The doctor motioned me to stand over next to him so he could hand me the ear piece.

I stuck them in my ears and closed my eyes, waiting patiently.

A steady, gentle beat filled my ears. My chest tightened up and I felt the need to cry.

I haven't met this baby, yet the sound of it's life made me so happy.

I can't imagine how it will be when I get to hold them...

I can't wait to meet you...

I felt (y/n)'s hand reach for mine once more, this time I squeezed it tightly.

Small time skip

We were walking back to the lobby hand in hand.

"That was...amazing." (Y/n) whispered, "When we come back, we'll know if it's a boy or girl...I'm so happy!"

A smile spread across my face as I gave her hand a squeeze for the umpteenth time today.

"I'm happy too, happy that we're here together." I spoke softly.

We then headed home filled with a happiness and relief no one can explain.

It was...different. An amazing different, that I don't think I'll ever explain.

All I know is that I've never been more excited than now.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A.N.
Sorry I'm late with this new chapter! We had opening night last night for the musical I'm in and so it completely spaced my mind to update!

I was also super tired...haha...main lead things...anyways-

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I thought it was super cute and it made me excited to write the next upcoming chapters!

If they seem rushed, I apologise. I only have time to write in the morning before school starts :/

But my schedule will open up soon! Promise!

Stay hydrated!