Chapter 148

"Mommy!!"

I looked up from the half-folded t-shirt and saw my daughter running towards me. A frown on her face as she drew near.

I folded the shirt and placed it in the laundry basket, "What's the matter Hikari? Is dad winning again?"

Her blue eyes went watery, and her face turned a deep red.

That looks familiar.....

"Tell him to stop! It's not fair....I'm only five...." She mumbled and fiddled with the hem of her shirt.

A small smile played at my lips, "Well, what game are you guys playing?" I placed the now folded shirt into the basket and rested my hands on my thighs.

"We're playing 'look over there' and daddy keeps on cheating!" She closed her eyes and waved her arms dramatically.

"I did not cheat...."

His soft voice caused my head go turn towards him as he peaked around the corner.

Giyu walked over and sat down at my side, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yes you did!" Hikari pouted.

I gently combed my fingers through her unruly black hair, "And why were you playing that game?"

Hikari looked up at me for a second before hanging her head low, "He said if I won, I could have a peach gummy..."

"Ah, I see, and you say daddy is cheating?"

Hikari's bottom lip stuck out as she nodded her head, I hummed in response.

Giyu let out a sigh once again, "You've won more than three times now. You've had plenty of peach gummies."

Hikari looked up at her dad, "So!? You're the one that said if I won I could have more!"

"Hikari," I said gently as she turned to look at me.

Her face heated up with embarrassment as she spoke with a pout.

"Sorry mommy, I shouldn't raise my voice at daddy...." She looked down again and fiddled with her fingers.

"Thank you," I said, "Now then, how about I play against daddy in order for you to have one last peach gummy?"

Both Giyu and Hikari turned towards me.

"You'll really do that!?" Hikari gasped.

"Hey, we both know that won't be fair." Giyu's voice shook which made me turn my head to look at him.

I could see Giyu getting a nervous sweat as I looked back at Hikari and continued on.

"However, if I win, you must eat all of your vegetables for dinner tonight."

Hikari stuck her tongue out in disgust, "Ew...I don't like the sound of that..."

I watched as the gears turned in her head until she finally decided.

Her blue eyes filled with nothing but determination, "Okay!" She huffed, "If mommy wins I'll eat half of my vegetables!"

I hummed, "That wasn't the deal, Hikari."

She let out a groan and slowly fell to the floor, "Fine." She dragged out.

I clapped my hands together and smiled, "Alright then! If mommy wins, Hikari gets a peach gummy and promises to eat all of her veggies for dinner! If daddy wins, Hikari doesn't get a peach gummy at all!"

Hikari cheered as Giyu came and kneeled down in front of me. His eyes hesitantly meeting my own as I smiled at him.

"Would you like to go first?" I asked politely.