Chapter 67

A.N.
What even are these pictures anymore-

I'm confused but I can relate, y'know?

Aight I'm done, on with the story XD

. . .

Your POV
"Leukemia?" Giyu asked, and I slowly nodded my head.

A cold sweat made it's way across my forehead. My parents want me to come home now? When something bad happens?

They never reach out to me or my brother anymore. Does this mean he'll be there too?

I felt a firm hand on my shoulder, and then was met with blue eyes.

"(Y/n), talk to me...what's wrong?" Giyu asked with a concerned face.

"I'm just...surprised, is all...I haven't heard from my parents in three years, and this is what I get? They want me home now?" I said getting angry.

"What about all the hard ships I've had moving out on my own, why didn't they ever check up on me then?" My voice began to raise with each word and Giyu tried to hush me down.

"Sorry..." I apologized.

"It's okay, I'm sure the news you've received is settling in and making it hard to understand. Why don't we go home for now?" He suggested.

I slowly nodded my head, and Giyu took the bags out of my hands. He held out his slightly more free arm for me to grab, and I did.

The only comfort and love I've really ever felt was from him. Of course I have friends, but Giyu was someone I could really lean on.

He accepted me even when he thought I was crazy, so I'm more thankful than ever that he was with me now.

The train ride back was cramped, but we somehow managed and got off quickly.

We made our way to my apartment, and I opened the door for him. He set my bags down and took his shoes off, I did the same and went into the living room.

I started to pace around and Giyu sat down lost in thought. I felt myself become more confused and stressed.

Should I go home? I don't know. While I love my parents, I still don't feel ready to go home after they kicked me out.

They basically cut ties with me after I dropped out of Uni.

"(Y/n)," Giyu said, I ignored him and kept pacing.

Was it really Leukemia that my mother was diagnosed with? What does that mean for our family? Am I going to see my brother?

"(Y/n).." Giyu called a little louder.

What do I do?

Without notice, Giyu stood up and pulled me down into his arms. Immediately I felt more calm, and my mind stopped racing.

He began to stroke my hair, and held me closer. Between the rising and falling of his chest, and his heartbeat, I relaxed into him.

"Feeling better?" He asked softly, and I nodded my head.

"Okay, so then, let's talk. What's going through your head?" He asked.

The way he spoke lulled me to gather my thoughts in an organized manner.

"It's just...why would they reach out to me now? After all these years...they only want me home when one of them is super sick.." I trailed.

Giyu hummed.

"Maybe they want you to come back so you can make up. Maybe they regret fighting with you." He said.

"Maybe...ugh...I don't know." I said stuffing my face into his chest.

"So then, what are you going to do?" He asked me.

"I...really don't know. While I want to go, it also doesn't feel right...to go back after the fight."

"Hmm...well, I think you should go visit. It could be a good thing for you and your parents. What's the worst that could happen?"

I let out a half hearted chuckle.

"Knowing them, just about anything."

Giyu let out another hum and I let my eyes close. I just wanted to be here with him.

In this moment of embrace. It's peaceful, and I feel safe and warm.

"If I went...would you come with me?" I asked.

"Of course, if you wanted me too..." He answered, "Where do your parents live?"

"In the country side of the Yamanashi prefecture."

"You grew up near the mountains?"

"Yeah...it was quiet, and there wasn't much to do. My parents are a little bit more traditional than most too." I explained.

"How so?" Giyu asked.

"Oh you know, I had to dress in a yukata or kimono, always have my hair tied up, be a proper lady. That sort of thing..." I trailed as memories came flooding back.

"So that's why..."

"Yeah, that's why when I told them I couldn't handle university, they kicked me out. It doesn't help that I stopped trying to act like the perfect daughter in highschool though. It just...wasn't me?" I explained.

Giyu adjusted himself so that he was laying down on his back and I was laying on top of him. I started to trace little figure eights on his chest while he thought.

"I'm sorry." He said softly.

"Don't be, it's not your fault I was kicked out. And...if I'm being completely honest here...I'm glad I was."

"And why's that?" He asked.

"Because if I hadn't been, then I wouldn't be here with you." I answered wholeheartedly.

I wasn't kidding when I said he makes me feel wanted, or just feel loved in general. I'm happy I'm with him, and I hope that he's happy too.

I looked up to see his face a little red from my comment, and I couldn't help but giggle.

"You're so cute.." I smiled at him.

Giyu's deep, blue eyes went wide for a second.

"Wait if you're parents are on the more traditional side, am I going to be okay? Are they going to scold you for being with me?" He asked.

"Well...maybe, but as long as I'm there I won't let anything happen to you. I don't care if they're unhappy with me that I'm with you. All that matters is that I love you and I'm not going to let them get in the way of that." I smiled even bigger.

Giyu let out a sigh a smiled.

"Okay, if you say so." He said.

"What? Not even an 'I love you' back!?" I playfully shouted.

Giyu placed a gentle kiss on my cheek and whispered in my ear.

"I love you too."

All I knew at that moment was how happy we were together...however, I didn't know what they future held for us.

A.N.
Oooo, scary! I wonder what will happen next!

Are you on the edge of your seat? Have I enticed you? Peaked your interests?

Haha idek anymore, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter! The next chapter will be about their travels and meeting the parents for the first time!

Mayhaps even meet "older brother!"

Please stay tuned for the next chapter!

Stay hydrated!

Word count 1160 words