Part 213

"Where are you? Why aren't you here yet?"

"There are so many people. I'm so nervous!"

"This interior is so gorgeous!"

"They said Liu Yufei and Shu Qi will be here, OMG."

"Dylan Wang just arrived. Are you guys from Chengdu all like that?"

Gong Jun scrolled through the barrage of texts from Zhou Ye and  frowned at that last text

Gong Jun scrolled through the barrage of texts from Zhou Ye and  frowned at that last text. What's with that generalization? What do you mean by "us guys from Chengdu"? And what do you mean by "like that"?

Knowing his little sister, Gong Jun guessed that somehow Dylan Wang must have teased her and got on her nerves. He smiled at the antics of the younger generation, wondering what they are getting up to now. He was due to arrive at the Louis Vuitton Autumn/Winter 2022 fashion show soon.

Thankfully it was just a normal red carpet entrance and not a runway. Today the catwalk would be left to the real professionals. It was good; he hasn't had his personal catwalk lesson from his own modelling professional yet.

His car pulled up to the sidewalk, and the event crew came out to greet him. He was ushered to the waiting area, where he greeted the other guests. His staff clustered around him to check on his makeup and clothes. 

There was a timetable to adhere to and so he patiently waited for his turn. He ran his hands over the floral embroidery of his denim jacket, admiring the exquisite workmanship. 

Finally he was ushered to the red carpet. Throwing the embarassing memory of last night's catwalk to the back of his head, Gong Jun took a deep breath and called up his abundant self-confidence. He was going to forget all the negatives and make this walk the best one yet.

He strode out with wide steps to a multitude of camera flashes, his usual self-assured smile on his lips

He strode out with wide steps to a multitude of camera flashes, his usual self-assured smile on his lips. However he felt something was off as he walked. Looking down briefly, he discovered that his shoelace was undone.

He waved to the cameras, looking here and there as his name was called repeatedly by the photographers. He smiled genially, tilting his head here and there, giving the photographers different angles and expressions. After giving them sufficient time to take their pictures, he stepped aside and bent down to tie his shoelace. A laugh went up from the gathered crowd at this unexpected action.