Part 287

"Are you sure we're letting him go with just an apology letter? So what if he has no money? We should just string him out to dry, like a salted fish."

Gong Jun listened to his assistant's righteous rant on the phone

Gong Jun listened to his assistant's righteous rant on the phone. She was going on and on about making an example of this anti, so that others will see this as a lesson. Especially in the wake the ongoing Qinglang campaign, he had every right to exercise his legal rights to protect himself and his reputation.

"If he has no money, he has no money If money was so easy to get, there wouldn't be poor people in this world." Gong Jun sagely imparted his words of wisdom. "We should exercise compassion whenever we can. Some things, like good karma, cannot be bought with money, but out of goodness and forgiveness. Only through acts of kindness like these, can the world be a better place."

The line was silent as the assistant let the words sink in. Gong Jun smugly waited for her response to his newfound insight.

"Are you high?"

"What?"

"Are you really sure you didn't take drugs with Mr. Zhao?"

"Dammit Da-Xiong I'm gonna kick your ass!" Gong Jun shouted as his assistant laughed uproariously.

After she calmed down she agreed that it was a magnanimous act and showed that he was a mature and compassionate adult. He did not need the money, but will earn a lot of public goodwill in exchange. In short, it was a win-win situation.

"But tell me the truth, Junjun. How did you think about this? Are you reading Buddhist scriptures during your seclusion?"

Gong Jun stuck out his tongue cheekily. "You can say that a wise man had enlightened me."

---------------------------------------------------------

Zhang Zhehan smiled with satisfaction and wiped off the sticky white cum off his fingers with a tissue.

On the phone screen, Yang Yang was similarly doing the same.

"Give me a second, baby, let me go wash up."

"Sure. I need to wash up too." Zhang Zhehan grinned and waved the soiled tissues at him. When he got back, Yang Yang asked, "What were you up to today?"

Zhang Zhehan sprawled on the large bed and smiled into the phone. He was in Yang Yang's needlessly huge apartment in the prestigious central district of Beijing. The owner of the luxury apartment was serving out his quarantine in Ningbo.

"I went to hang out at my friend's studio today. We jammed a bit and talked about music."

"How about the essay you said you wanted to finish writing? Read it for me?"

"Sure, but listen to this song first." Zhang Zhehan reached for his guitar and notes, and began strumming the chords.

Apart from his musical pursuits, Zhang Zhehan had been keeping a diary. From there, he progressed to writing essays and penning his thoughts on paper. He had started this hobby during his time cooped up at home, as a form of carthartic release. It had been effective in keeping his depression at bay, so he continued even after meeting up with Director Li Xuezheng and his team.