Part 294

The next day the partial lockdown of Chaoyang district began. Zhang Zhehan congratulated for his unbelievable luck in avoiding two lockdowns. But he didn't run out and celebrate immediately; he waited for his friend to go out for work, before video-calling his waiting boyfriend for some much awaited virtual intimacy.

After that, Yang Yang rushed off for work, and so did Zhang Zhehan. Thus began their new routine of trying to stay connected despite the distance, the same story experienced by millions of couples around the globe. 

A couple of days later was Yang Yang's promotional livestream for <Who Rules The World>. As one of the flagbearer dramas for Tencent this year, it was getting a lot of publicity. To Zhang Zhehan's immense amusement, the female lead's nickname for Yang Yang's character was "Black Foxy".

 To Zhang Zhehan's immense amusement, the female lead's nickname for Yang Yang's character was "Black Foxy"

"You must have still been in character when you pursued me last year." Zhang Zhehan teased. "I remember that you were still filming the drama when you invited yourself up to my apartment in Shanghai."

"I guess you're right." Yang Yang laughingly agreed. "Was that the night you named me Fox Spirit in your contact list? My boyfriend is also smart, he already knew who I was when he didn't even read my script."

Zhang Zhehan giggled happily and looked at his boyfriend. His severe buzzcut took some getting used to. "I think I should cut my hair too, for the summer. But not as short as yours, of course."

"Sure, do anything you want. I will still like it." Yang Yang smiled encouragingly. "Listen Zhehan, today is Meng Asai's birthday, and I'm thinking of celebrating it after the livestream. Any ideas?"

Of course Zhang Zhehan had ideas. They quickly discussed the plans, before Yang Yang's crew knocked on his door.

They went about their own business, until it was time for the livestream. Zhang Zhehan specially cleared his schedule to watch it, but once again frowned and narrowed his eyes. 

What's with this lack of chemistry? 

Did Yang Yang take his words to heart regarding the previous livestream, and dialed back on the charm? Now he looked like he was at an online conference, wearing a look of "I'm doing this because I'm paid."

"