Part 308

Zhang Zhehan paced about the hotel suite, impatiently looking at the clock. Xiaoyu lowered his phone and sighed, saying, "Zhehan, stop walking up and down so much. The room downstairs will complain soon about the noise."

Zhang Zhehan sighed for the 100th time that day and looked out over the city. It was dusk and the miles of rush hour traffic stretched out as far as the eye could see. 

"Maybe he got caught in the jam." Xiaoyu suggested. "Or maybe there is a delay with the filming. You know such things happen."

Of course Zhang Zhehan knew. Filming schedules were notoriously unpredictable and prone to delays. None of the actors could say anything; they just stuck it out and waited to complete the day's work. What more, Yang Yang was filming out in the open city, and not in a closed set like Hengdian, where the conditions were easily controlled. 

Here, even a random bird could spoil the scene and they would have to do a complete re-take

Here, even a random bird could spoil the scene and they would have to do a complete re-take. Zhang Zhehan slumped in the armchair in despair. Months of waiting just to visit his boyfriend, and when he finally did, he had to spend hours waiting around for Yang Yang to wrap up his filming.

It seemed like a really cruel joke. Zhang Zhehan scrunched up his face in frustration when the door beeped open and Yang Yang finally swept into the room. 

"Oh good, I'm off work now." Xiaoyu grinned widely and pocketed his phone before clapping Yang Yang on the shoulder. "Have a good evening, Brother-in-law."

"Thanks Xiaoyu-ge." Yang Yang smiled as Xiaoyu made his way out and closed the door behind him. Then he went over to take his boyfriend into his arms. "Sorry I'm late, filming just ended."

Zhang Zhehan sighed softly but said nothing. He did understand. He still remembered his past career as an actor, and how such things were unavoidable. But for now, Yang Yang was back, and they have only a few days left together.

"Do you want to go out for dinner? Or just order in? Where did you go today?" Yang Yang asked.

Zhang Zhehan buried his nose into his neck, soaking up that unique scent. "We went to the Ningbo Musuem. That was quite a lot of walking, so my legs are tired."

Yang Yang smiled and led him to the couch and sat him down. "Do you want to soak your feet? I'll prepare the bucket for you."

"Let me do it - you had a long day of filming and your feet must be tired." Zhang Zhehan smiled and hurried into the bathroom. He knew that Yang Yang liked to relax after a long day with a foot bath. 

After a while he came out with a bucket of warm water which had been delicately scented with a drop of lemongrass. Yang Yang rolled up his pants, and smiled in appreciation at his considerate boyfriend. Gingerly, he lowered his feet into the warm water and sank back on to the couch, before pulling Zhang Zhehan into his lap for a cuddle.

Smiling contentedly, they browsed through the takeout apps to decide on their dinner. Once they ordered, Yang Yang tossed the phone aside and they passionately made out on the couch.