Part 231

The next morning Zhang Zhehan hugged his mother tightly. They had clung to each other for strength during the nightmare of the past few months, when mother and son felt abandoned by their country which they so loved.

Finally he was heading back to Beijing to reclaim his life.

In the past, whenever she said goodbye to him, Mama Zhang was loathe to let him go. She had no idea when would be the next time she saw him. Her son was always so busy filming in different locations all over the country.

However this time was different. She was eager to push him back out in the world, to get his life back, the life which he had struggled 10 years for, the life which he deserved to live.

Now the nightmare seemed to be running its course, and the sunshine on her face felt warm, despite the wintry air.

Zhang Zhehan tightened the scarf around her neck. "Mum, it's so cold out, don't drape it so loosely."

He saw the label Bogner, and realised that it was the scarf which Yang Yang gifted her.

She must really like the gift, and she must really like Yang Yang

She must really like the gift, and she must really like Yang Yang. Too bad I can't come out to her yet.

Mama Zhang patted his arm

Mama Zhang patted his arm. "You boys better go now, or you'll be late for your flight. Be safe, my son."

Zhang Zhehan gave her a last hug, somewhat reluctant to part with his mother again.

"Go now, I'll be fine, don't worry"

And she will be. Now that there was hope, her strength had been restored. Every day she woke up with a positive mindset, and looked forward to a fruitful day at the tea shop.

Yang Yang and Xiaoyu said their goodbyes to her. Xiaoyu would be returning to Beijing with them as well, and putting up in a hotel. Despite Yang Yang inviting him to stay at his place, Xiaoyu declined his kind offer. On one hand he did not want to intrude on their privacy, and on the other hand, he did not want to keep wondering if he should disinfect a surface before he touched it. The trauma of the vile pool villa still lived in his mind.