Part 300

The day's work was finally over. Gong Jun eagerly unclipped his mike and and handed it to the crew. He waved cheerily to them before heading to the car.

To his surprise, Johnny Huang was leaning against it, his arms crossed, evidently waiting for him.

Gong Jun smiled genially at him. "Yes?"

Johnny Huang was not one to beat about the bush. "Are you in contact with Zhehan recently? How is he?"

Gong Jun frowned slightly. He wasn't sure how close the the two of them were, so he did not want to say anything.

Besides, with his Human Colander mouth, there was a chance that he would accidentally reveal more than he should. He decided to stay with the neutral truth.

"Ahh...I saw him in Beijing a while back. He is fine."

"That's good." Johnny Huang nodded. "I should meet up with him when I am free."

"I'm sure he'll like that." Gong Jun agreed at once. "Han-ge has plenty of good friends."

Johnny Huang looked closely at him, sizing him up. The overwhelming intensity of an alpha male's gaze was so familiar to him, as if it was his own lover staring at him. Gong Jun felt his face burn up, and before he could catch himself, he responded automatically.

He cast his eyes down, before looking up again at Johnny Huang through his long lashes. It was how he always looked at Xu Feng, his doe eyes full of flirtation and seduction.

But he did not intend to seduce Johnny; it was just a reflex action to such a dominating aura!

Johnny Huang's steely gaze remained on him, before he asked directly. "Are you and Zhehan an item?"

"What? No! I'm not...uh...we are...I mean..." Gong Jun anxiously sputtered, waving his hands frantically in the air. ""He is, er, I mean, we are not---"

He desperately wanted to dispel any misconceptions, yet he was afraid of accidentally spilling any secrets in the process. After all, he did not know if Zhang Zhehan wanted others to know he was dating someone.

Thankfully Johnny Huang appeared to be a guy with high EQ. He caught on to Gong Jun's fumbling attempt to clear the air without saying too much.

He relaxed a bit, recognising Gong Jun's efforts to protect their mutual friend.

"It's okay, I get it." Johnny Huang patted his shoulder in understanding.

Gong Jun exhaled in relief but flinched the next moment when Johnny Huang's warm hand landed on his shirt.

What's the matter with me today, getting all flustered just because Johnny paid some attention to me? Gong Jun thought, annoyed at himself. Is it because I miss Feng-ge too much, that I am reacting like this when I meet the same type?