Part 280

Zhang Zhehan turned over in bed and yawned. He opened his eyes and reached for his phone. 

It was 3 in the afternoon, and he had napped through lunch time. Opening his messages, he saw that there was one from Yang Yang. 

"Have you had lunch yet? I had some pasta. Eating noodles with a fork is tough." It was accompanied by a picture of spaghetti covered in dubious looking red sauce.

Zhang Zhehan started to smile, and then caught himself. He had been thinking all morning how he should make the first step. It was a matter of pride, and he had to frame his approach in a way to show that he was being magnanimous despite still being angry.

And that he was making the first step by going over to Suzhou in a show of generosity, so his boyfriend had better wash out his ass and prepare to get properly fucked

Swallowing down his nervousness, he called Yang Yang.

"Hello baby?" came that eager answer. "Xiaohan, is that you?"

Zhang Zhehan could imagine that fox tail wagging excitedly. His heart warmed as he heard the smile in Yang Yang's voice.

He smiled too, finally listening to his lover's voice after such a long time but struggled to maintain a nonchalant tone.

"Ahhh yes. How are you?"

He heard the closing of a door and knew that Yang Yang had gone to get them some privacy.

"Baby I really miss you. I'm going out of my mind. Are you still angry at me?"

"Well yes." Zhang Zhehan replied loftily. "But I guess I can come over to Suzhou to see you."

There was a strange pause on the phone, followed by a disappointed sigh. Zhang Zhehan did not like the sound of that. An uneasiness started to gnaw at his heart again.

"What is it?" he prodded.

"The Covid cases are increasing here, and we are too close to Shanghai so....." His voice trailed off but Zhang Zhehan could already guess what he meant.